“Big Hotel Under Renovations” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Wilmington, Delaware
“Big Hotel Under Renovations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We caught the Sheraton Reston Hotel at a time when they were redoing the club lounge. As Starwood members, we usually stay on the club lounge floor, but we were not able to access it this time.

In a previous stay, the staff upgraded us to a suite, which we really appreciated. This time, it was a standard room. The amenities are decent. There's a nice and spacious fitness center and an outdoor pool. Unfortunately, we stayed in early May and the pool was not yet open.

They also have a convenient shuttle that will take you do different parts of Reston. We took it to the Reston Town Center.

One knock on the hotel is that there was a have consumed bottle of juice that was resting on a table in the hallway. I passed by that area a half dozen times over two days, and no one removed the bottle. While it is a big hotel and harder to maintain, the bottle was in plain sight and hard to overlook.

Green Features: They do have two waste receptacles in each room: one for trash and one for recyclables.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The Sheraton is nice and geared towards business travelers. For instance, the bar only serves 90+ rated wines and use riedel glasses. The rooms are spacious and luxurious and the bathrooms are the nicest I have seen at a hotel. There was not a refrigerator in the room, and we didn't even think to ask about it because it seems standard these days. The breakfast buffet was very nice. We ended up staying on a weekend night and got an excellent rate - a perk for a family stay at a business hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Justin C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Tony T,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Reston Hotel. We value your feedback, and appreciate the time you took to review our hotel.

I am glad to read that you enjoy our Sheraton Selects bar menu during your last visit. Next time you are in town on a business trip I invite you to attend The Sheraton Social Hour event, which allows our guest to compare world renowned wines and other premium pours at a discounted price, between 6pm-7pm Monday thru Thursday.

We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future,

Stay Connected,

Justin Nyekan Cooper
Assistant Front Office Manager, Sheraton Reston
t — 703 620 9000 f — 703 860 1594
North Richland Hills, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed here for almost two weeks in early June for a business trip. The hotel staff was nice enough, if not a little distracted.

The rooms were comfortable and pretty, free bottled water was included every day, but did not include a microwave or refrigerator, which made the long trip a little more expensive, as we couldn't store leftovers anywhere. We also had to pay for wifi each day, and each room only allows 3 devices to connect per $12 fee (my four traveling companions were charged two fees per day). In addition, I know that their room had ants coming out of the AC unit, and when they complained, there was no offer to move rooms or anything of that nature - the front desk MOD just said they would do some "Extra cleaning."

The hotel restaurant was good - we ate there almost every morning. Staff was friendly and very accommodating.

The last few nights of our trip, we were bombarded with a group of drunk people up in the wee hours of the morning across the hall, a prom going on downstairs (which I could hear on the 3rd floor), and 1/2 the hotel being filled with children on a field trip to DC. It was a loud few nights, to say the least.

Over all, it was a nice stay. But for how much we paid, and the Sheraton brand, I would have expected a little more.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Holly N,

In regards to your stay, I am glad to hear that you found our staff kind and that you found Syrah a good place to have your breakfast each morning during your stay. However, I was disappointed to read about your issues. I am happy to report that the Sheraton Reston now offers free WiFi in all our guest rooms. Which means you can surf the net unlimited with more than 3 devices. We will do a better job interacting with our tour groups leaders, so that when they come back to the hotel they are not interrupting other guests.
I invite you to stay with us once more, if you accept my invitation please feel free to contact me directly once you have made your reservation and I will be happy to offer you a welcome back gift at check in.

Stay Connected,

Justin Nyekan Cooper
Assistant Front Office Manager, Sheraton Reston
t — 703 620 9000 f — 703 860 1594
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

While on business in DC, We elected to stay at this location. It's beautifully tucked away in a appealing area. All the glitz disappeared when we checked in. The staff ruined the entire experience. They were unwelcoming and unaccommodating. After trying to ignore the rude entry we advanced to our room. Truthfully, the hotel is beautiful on site but the accommodations fall short. The room was clean and roomy. But no refrigerator or microwave. The best part of the room was the top notch bedding. I did sleep wonderfully but went to bed hungry. I guess this type of lodging is for people on-the-go! Just wasn't what I was used to. But overall someone will enjoy it.

• Stayed June 2014
Amine E, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Monica K
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Reston. We value such feedback because we believe that feedback is a gift for us and an opportunity to improve our services
I am happy to read that overall you like the hotel and you would recommend it to anyone who would be in the area. I’m disappointed that the check-in experience was below your expectation, but I promise you that your next welcome will be just memorable. Also, I apologize that the rooms do not have a microwave and a refrigerator; however, we do offer complementary fridge or a microwave upon request
Once again thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I sent a snack food gift basket to someone staying at this hotel early last month. The hotel staff signed for it, but the guest never received it. After investigation, I discovered that the hotel staff accidentally 'enjoyed' (their words, not mine) the gift. They ate it!! I contacted the hotel's manager to ask that something be done; it's been over almost two months and I'm still waiting for an investigation to be completed. I've stayed at this property before, but would likely not return. If the staff feels it's OK to eat guest's food, I have to wonder what do they do with the property that guests leave in their room?

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Older business hotels in outlying areas like these need tourism business to help stay afloat. If you don't want to deal with a throng of tourists, foreign or otherwise, staying in the same hotel as you, especially when you are near a city known for tourism, do not stay at a mid-level hotel such as this one. Pony up and go to Ritz-Carlton or at the least Westin.

According to Sheraton, this property was recently renovated; however, you can only do so much with an older property. Still, I think they could have done more. Nevertheless, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable but the bathroom is tiny compared to more modern hotels built to accommodate ADA specs. Outdoor pool is a nice feature lacking in newer business hotels.
Amenities at the business center could have been better. The buffet breakfast was nice but is very pricey if paying separately. Best deal is to get it as a package deal when making reservation. WIFI is not free but as a Sheraton SPG member, I was given free access as a perk. Sheraton/Westin's hotel points are worth more than the Marriott's system, meaning you can get free stays in a comparable hotel for less points.

Outdoor parking was plentiful with easy access. The hotel is in a residential area and has an awkward layout but that's the case with many other business hotels (adjacent Westin Reston, as well as Westin Herndon) in the area straddling residential neighborhoods.

The staff was courteous and professional, especially Teresa at front desk.
I would prefer to stay at other, newer hotels if I'm paying weekday rates, but for the weekend, I had a pleasant stay, getting a good deal w/ breakfast package.

If you have a car, there are plenty of good restaurants nearby to choose from:
Morton's, Mon Ami Gabi, Clyde's, Jackson's, and Uncle Julio's to name a few.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed three nights. Hotel was fantastic!!!!
Spacious rooms!
Clean clean clean!
Very quiet great food!
Very relaxing.
Would definitely stay there again:)
We were with a youth tour group and the hotel was definitely set up to handle the large groups but without sacrificing the luxury feel of the hotel. It was a reasonably easy commute from DC!

Stayed June 2014

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!