“Nice Hotel, Agressive Maid Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Nice Hotel, Agressive Maid Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very nice and comfortable hotel. Large room and good bedding package. Hotel had issues with their resteraunt but served food in the bar area. They took care of a large number of stranded airport passengers. Now the "Rub". Maid service would not respect the Do Not Disturb signs on the door and beat on the room door prior to 9 am. They did that every day of our stay. Must have wanted to get us out of the room so that they could go home early. Not a standard at a 3 Star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear mas4467,

Thank you so much for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am very glad we were able to accommodate you during your short visit to the area. I will certainly share your feedback with our team so that we can better monitor situations such as yours in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a training class. When I arrived they had lost my companies billing authorization form, yet somehow had all their credit card information. Long story short, they charged my card twice, and charged my company. I tried asking the front desk for help for 3 days. The only person that seemed apologetic at all was Monica from the evening staff. On the 3rd day I asked for the manager. While telling him my story, one of the daytime desk clerks came over and said that the day before she had called my credit card company to try and the get the charges taken off. She was told they had to speak with me first. She never tried to get a hold of me. Just left the charges sitting on my card, didn't even reverse them from the Sheraton's computers. I called my credit card with the manager and finally had the charges taken off. I barely got a sorry from the manager. If it were his money I'm sure he'd feel it was more important.

Beware of their "Going green" program. I hung the card on my door the first night of my stay and they never came to clean the entire week I was there. I made sure every night there was no card hanging on my door, yet every day I'd return to a dirty room. This left me with an overflowing trash can and no toilet paper.

I see on other reviews that they recently renovated all their rooms. Well they must not have felt like shelling out $10 for new toilet seats. Mine was so worn that it had turned yellow. Gross.

Also, the cable was fuzzy on most channels.

Two good things about the hotel were the comfy bed and the extremely friendly waitstaff in the Syrah Restaurant. Whatever training they get in the Syrah needs to be passed on to the front desk staff.

Bottom line: Next time I'm in town I'll stay elsewhere. I've also let my upper management know not to book anyone there in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear RFP18,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Sheraton Reston. We value all our guest’s experiences and certainly do care about the issues you experienced I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I do hope we might have another opportunity to be of service in order to make things right. I would encourage you to reach out to me directly and I will personally look after your accommodations.
Watervliet, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I came to this hotel on a business trip to attend a conference. I have to say it was very well organized and a fun experience. I've been to several conferences and this one was right on par. The staff was attentive, the food was decent and the access to refreshments throughout the stay was more than sufficient. It was simple to navigate and find my way to each panel.

From a hotel room perspective, everything was clean and comfortable. The amenities were modern and in working condition. The option to skip turning over the room by going green was a great incentive by offering reward points. The price was also very reasonable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the DC area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Kevin C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. I am very glad to hear that your stay went well and that your conference was stress free. If you are ever in the area again we would love to have you as our guest.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was unable to negotiate a nightly rate at The Westin Reston Heights that fit into my budget, and thus decided to stay at this hotel – which is literally within walking distance of The Westin. I was told that this hotel had recently undergone renovation, and think I may have thus had too high of expectations. The front desk agent was very friendly, and placed me in a room on a higher floor. I also appreciated that the hotel waived my early departure fee because of a change in my schedule. The nightly rate at this hotel was a bit much, but overall my experience was fine. I do hope to be able to stay at The Westin during my next visit, though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sean O,

Thank you for providing us with your wonderful feedback. I am very glad that you had a successful stay and that our staff was able to accommodate your needs. I will share your feedback with the team to make them aware of the job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed for four nights with my family at Sheraton Hotel in Reston, VA. I had my pet with me. It was very pleasant stay. Staff was very good, place was very clean and It had shuttle service to airport and towncenter.

Room Tip: Choose a room on upper floors. They have a good view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Prabha,

I am very pleased to hear of your wonderful stay you had with us. We take great pride in the service we deliver to all of our guests. It is also great to see you took advantage of our convenient shuttle. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your stay was.
Westbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I rate this hotel with a five star rating because it has a
Best view
Also it iis the best hotel anyone can ever be at and take this from someone who came all the way from Long Island ny and stayed at this hotel and when u go there talk to Maria she will help u and hook u up she gave me wifi for free that was usually $12.00 per night thanks Maria and I LUV Sheraton hotel if rocks

Room Tip: Book ur room in advance u will save a ton of money.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Churchville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton for the weekend and found the rooms comfortable with easy access and a very attentive staff. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. Location from the airport is easy, location from elsewhere is just a short trip from a major highway.

Room Tip: Use a service like Kayak to get the best prices on the rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!