“Spooky Reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Reston
Danielson, Connecticut
“Spooky Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

At my recent stay at Sheraton Reston I was treated to fantastic stay. The staff was the best. Consuela greeted us every morning and noon like we stayed there every night, it was my first time in Reston and I felt that I was a regular visitor. She was the best, hustling to make room for our sometimes stampede of guests wanting breakfast before leaving on our days activities, Great job Consuela, miss your smile.

Manuel always tended to our needs with great professionalism.
Monica and Mic always greeted us in the lobby with a smile and were very helpful answering our many questions about the hotels services and directions to local activities.

Bernie Ducat ,
Spooky Brother

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better views of local area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Bernie D,

Thank you so much with providing us with such wonderful feedback. We are so delighted to learn that your reunion was such a success. It was a pleasure having your group with us and we are very excited about welcoming you all back next year. I will share all of your great feedback with our entire team.

290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Bayonne, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Rooms recently renovated, much nicer than before (although bathrooms not renovated). Excellent staff that will bend over backward to meet your needs. Visit the bar and say hello to Sanh, the best hotel bartender around.

Dear Matthew H,

Thank you so much for the great feedback you provided us with. I am so glad you were able to experience and enjoy our newly renovated rooms. I will also let the restaurant know how much you enjoyed your experience. We take great pride in our staff and the great work that they do.
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Wife and I decided to do a 10 day park and fly from the Sheraton. Had an early flight out of Dulles to Oakland CA. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary at Yosemite. We parked our car where we were instructed to park "in the back". Lot was pretty full but we found a spot under a lamp post. Hung the hotel tag from the mirror and spent the night. Hotel stay was okay, updated room was sufficient but coffee maker did not work. Upon arrival in Dulles we had to call the hotel to get the shuttle to come and pick us up. Nothing worse than being tired and seeing every other hotel shuttle come by but the Sheraton. You give them your flight information and they have an arrivals monitor in their lobby. You would think being a service company they would know that you had landed. Be prepared to call.

Here is where the trip completely falls apart. Upon arriving at the hotel I find that my front tire was flat. So I put on the donut spare and proceed to find a gas station. So it is early Saturday morning and I stop at two gas station only to be turned away. I decide to drive 50 miles an hour for 100 miles to get back home. Finally, when I get home I take the tire to Sears. I'm told the tire can't be fixed because of a slice in the side wall. The tire had been slashed. I contact the Sheraton that same day. It is Labor Day weekend so I don't get a call back until Tuesday. Manager apologizes and proceeds to tell me that the hotel has a "park at your own risk" policy. Funny I didn't see this anywhere in writing or in the advertisement. This hotel advertises "It's easy....park your car "safely" at the hotel, relax in one of our comfortable rooms the night before your flight, and hop on our complimentary shuttle to the airport, which is just minutes away! The manager proceeds to tell me that this is their first case of vandalism. So now I wonder if the the tire was slashed by a disgruntled employee. Either way I paid to park and you would expect some level of security. I find out from the hotel manager that there are no cameras and no security for the vehicles. I contacted Starwood who referred me back to local management.

So if you decide to "park and fly" at this hotel...do it at your own risk! I recommend to stay and pay a little more at a reputable "secure" location. In the future I will park at Dulles airport because it is more secure. After dealing with the indifferent management staff at the Sheraton and customer service at Starwood Hotels, I will never stay at one of their hotels for business or pleasure. What I got for my money is the most expensive and miserable experience. I frequently travel for business and this experience is the worst in 30 years!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I would like to thank Monica at Check in desk for all help that she gave us after we needed overnight accomodation as taken off our flight as overbooked
Polite, Curteous and very very helpful
Thankyou

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

There is a little cluster of hotels in Reston that seem to cater to business meetings for people who fly in to Dulles and do not need to go into DC proper. It's from that perspective that I review the Sheraton Reston as I was ensconced there at a business meeting for 3 days. First the positives, the meeting amenities were more than adequate, with buffet meals that exceeded the usual standard for meetings in both variety and quality. Of note, the afternoon breaks included veggie crudités of spectacular freshness, as well as other creative items. Room service food was also very good. Very pleasant 2nd floor lounge had good service and nice wines on offer. The décor of the hotel is attractive and seems to have been updated to a kind of understated retro theme in muted colors. Décor is important to me and I found it to be very pleasant and conducive to the overall comfort of my stay. My room was updated and VERY comfortable, with a great bed. Staff were uniformly helpful and friendly. So what are the dings? My room ran out of (1) coffee and (2) toilet paper. These are such basic items that I must point out the need to work with housekeeping staff (who were noted to be less friendly and communicative overall compared to desk and meeting service staff). Other than this observation I have only praise and will gladly stay here again when I need to visit Reston.

Dear Snarth,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you had such a positive stay with us. We are very excited about our new guest rooms and are very glad that you were able to experience our new rooms. It is also very good to hear about the dining experience you had with us. We have a great staff that make it their duty to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay.
Richlands, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went to this hotel with a friend and my parents. Me and my friend we got a room and my parents got a room. We was on this trip for leisure and sightseeing in Washington DC. My parents want to go back to DC to see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial and Holocaust museum. I wanted to go to DC to see Blondie in Concert. I booked this room thru Priceline Express deals and I booked the room without knowing the hotel name or the exact location but I know that it was $61 a night. When I got the room I found out that it was the Sheraton and I got a king size bed. I went to there website and I was even more excited to find out that it goes for $200 a night on there website for the same room/bed. So I was really happy with the choice. But then I asked my parents if they wanted to go, so I went ahead and added a room with 2 full bed for $64 a night and we all stayed for 2 nights each. Then that same week I asked my co-worker/friend if he would like to come along and he said yes, but I told him I had a king size bed and we would get him a rollaway or he can share a bed with me since it is a king. After going on the Sheraton website we noticed that they had no free wifi in the rooms or no free breakfast which was no biggie since you can go to the lobby and use the wifi and we could go to McDonalds for Breakfast.
Upon arrival we was treated with respect and the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and friendly. He gave us all free wifi, 2 coupons each for free drinks or appetizers and 2 coupons each for the breakfast buffet.
He asked me if I wanted a king size bed, I asked him if I could have 2 beds he said no problem and I asked him if I could be close to my parents he again said no problem. The check in was easy and problem free.
Upon going to the room it was very clean, plush beds, memory foam mattresses, very nice pillows, marble counter tops and the bathroom was very clean as well. The room was super quiet and you couldn't hear anyone in the hallway. Coffee maker in the room with Starbucks coffee. Flat screen tv, hairdryer.
Me and my friend went to the bar and had about 3 drinks each with no charge, not watered down, the manager came out and talked to us and she was very pleasant.
The next morning we all went down and had the breakfast buffet, it had fresh strawberries, melons, pinapples, scrambled eggs, homefriend potatoes, corned beef hash, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, french toast, bagels, toast, pastries and etc... It was very delicious and the service was outstanding, I would give it 5 stars alone. When talking to the manager at the bar she states they cater to a lot of business for meetings, conferences, etc... If you are going to DC, This hotel is about 40min driving time east of DC, about 15 from metro station in Veinna. They also offer shuttle service to and from Dulles Airport. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the local DC area!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Calvin101,

It is very good to hear that you had such a wonderful time while staying at the Sheraton Reston. We take all of our guest feedback very seriously, and we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. I will certainly share your story with our team to let them know how positive your stay was. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Monica was my front desk receptionist. She was wonderful. My priceline reservation hadn't come through yet and she gave me a cold bottle of water while I waited. She suggested some near by food locations and offered transportation even though I didn't need it. It took a while checking in, waiting on priceline(not Sheraton) and so she even comped my breakfast and internet and upgraded me to a king bed. Monica even called my room a while after check in to confirm I had everything I needed and found my room acceptable. She hit it out of the park.

Outstanding customer service. Newly renovated rooms. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel only on the chance that you might get Monica to help check you in. I am glad Uzbekistan let her come to the US and make my day so much better.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk nicely, they will make your experience the best ever.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!