“Very pleasant business experience, just 2 dings” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Philadelphia
“Very pleasant business experience, just 2 dings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

There is a little cluster of hotels in Reston that seem to cater to business meetings for people who fly in to Dulles and do not need to go into DC proper. It's from that perspective that I review the Sheraton Reston as I was ensconced there at a business meeting for 3 days. First the positives, the meeting amenities were more than adequate, with buffet meals that exceeded the usual standard for meetings in both variety and quality. Of note, the afternoon breaks included veggie crudités of spectacular freshness, as well as other creative items. Room service food was also very good. Very pleasant 2nd floor lounge had good service and nice wines on offer. The décor of the hotel is attractive and seems to have been updated to a kind of understated retro theme in muted colors. Décor is important to me and I found it to be very pleasant and conducive to the overall comfort of my stay. My room was updated and VERY comfortable, with a great bed. Staff were uniformly helpful and friendly. So what are the dings? My room ran out of (1) coffee and (2) toilet paper. These are such basic items that I must point out the need to work with housekeeping staff (who were noted to be less friendly and communicative overall compared to desk and meeting service staff). Other than this observation I have only praise and will gladly stay here again when I need to visit Reston.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Snarth,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you had such a positive stay with us. We are very excited about our new guest rooms and are very glad that you were able to experience our new rooms. It is also very good to hear about the dining experience you had with us. We have a great staff that make it their duty to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Richlands, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went to this hotel with a friend and my parents. Me and my friend we got a room and my parents got a room. We was on this trip for leisure and sightseeing in Washington DC. My parents want to go back to DC to see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial and Holocaust museum. I wanted to go to DC to see Blondie in Concert. I booked this room thru Priceline Express deals and I booked the room without knowing the hotel name or the exact location but I know that it was $61 a night. When I got the room I found out that it was the Sheraton and I got a king size bed. I went to there website and I was even more excited to find out that it goes for $200 a night on there website for the same room/bed. So I was really happy with the choice. But then I asked my parents if they wanted to go, so I went ahead and added a room with 2 full bed for $64 a night and we all stayed for 2 nights each. Then that same week I asked my co-worker/friend if he would like to come along and he said yes, but I told him I had a king size bed and we would get him a rollaway or he can share a bed with me since it is a king. After going on the Sheraton website we noticed that they had no free wifi in the rooms or no free breakfast which was no biggie since you can go to the lobby and use the wifi and we could go to McDonalds for Breakfast.
Upon arrival we was treated with respect and the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and friendly. He gave us all free wifi, 2 coupons each for free drinks or appetizers and 2 coupons each for the breakfast buffet.
He asked me if I wanted a king size bed, I asked him if I could have 2 beds he said no problem and I asked him if I could be close to my parents he again said no problem. The check in was easy and problem free.
Upon going to the room it was very clean, plush beds, memory foam mattresses, very nice pillows, marble counter tops and the bathroom was very clean as well. The room was super quiet and you couldn't hear anyone in the hallway. Coffee maker in the room with Starbucks coffee. Flat screen tv, hairdryer.
Me and my friend went to the bar and had about 3 drinks each with no charge, not watered down, the manager came out and talked to us and she was very pleasant.
The next morning we all went down and had the breakfast buffet, it had fresh strawberries, melons, pinapples, scrambled eggs, homefriend potatoes, corned beef hash, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, french toast, bagels, toast, pastries and etc... It was very delicious and the service was outstanding, I would give it 5 stars alone. When talking to the manager at the bar she states they cater to a lot of business for meetings, conferences, etc... If you are going to DC, This hotel is about 40min driving time east of DC, about 15 from metro station in Veinna. They also offer shuttle service to and from Dulles Airport. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the local DC area!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Calvin101,

It is very good to hear that you had such a wonderful time while staying at the Sheraton Reston. We take all of our guest feedback very seriously, and we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. I will certainly share your story with our team to let them know how positive your stay was. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Monica was my front desk receptionist. She was wonderful. My priceline reservation hadn't come through yet and she gave me a cold bottle of water while I waited. She suggested some near by food locations and offered transportation even though I didn't need it. It took a while checking in, waiting on priceline(not Sheraton) and so she even comped my breakfast and internet and upgraded me to a king bed. Monica even called my room a while after check in to confirm I had everything I needed and found my room acceptable. She hit it out of the park.

Outstanding customer service. Newly renovated rooms. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel only on the chance that you might get Monica to help check you in. I am glad Uzbekistan let her come to the US and make my day so much better.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk nicely, they will make your experience the best ever.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

A frequent business traveler to the Reston area, this has become my go-to hotel.

Alongside a great rate, the biggest draw for me is clearly the quality of the staff. They've really made a solid amount of effort to get to know my tastes and to tailor my stay accordingly. This ranges from accommodating early check-ins and ensuring that welcome amenities meet dietary restrictions (Kurt), a daily "friend's-welcome" by hotel shuttle drivers (Eudene/Harris), to knowing my dining habits at the end of the day (Sanh). These small touches are things that really matter for serious road-warriors

The property itself is solid-to-good. Right now it's going a long-overdue facelift: results thus far have been positive, and impact of work (noise, etc.) has been minimal. Still a fair amount to do to common areas (pool, lobby, lounge (which is closed) & restaurants)

Room Tip: Rooms in the "wing" area involve a lengthier walk to the front desk and hotel amenities.
Reston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

As a career service man, I've experienced a wide range of meals on the road (and off them). The dining experience in the restaurant was exceptional. Andrea was polite and able to be attentive without interrupting my meal; something many other restaurants cannot seem to balance. Kader provided a delicious desert (apple pie) which I recommend to anyone in need of (and with spare room) a sweet end to a filling meal.

The shuttle arrived just as I made it to the pick-up location; great timing! The staff at check-in were not only polite (more rare these days) but helpful and anticipated requests, questions, and needs before I was even aware of them. I stayed in a newly renovated room that was cleaner than anything I've seen lately.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very clean , service was excellent the food in Sara restraunt was excellent salmon was fabulous ! They also have a very good breakfast buffet everything you can imagine & more. The hotel has a shuttle to take you to Airport or into town to shop it was a fabulous trip we will definitely stay their again !

• Stayed July 2013
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Chloey22,

Thank you so much for providing us with such valuable feedback. I am very excited to hear how wonderful your stay was with us. We are very excited about our newly renovated and updated rooms and are so glad you were able to enjoy them as well. We cannot wait to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

indiffernet check in staff? check.

single person with two twin beds? check.

If your goal is to be treated like a revenue item rather than a guest... this is your place. I'm definitely leaving here tomorrow.

How does this place stay in business with staff that would rather be working at radio shack?

Room Tip: Another hotel. I'm platinum SPG and am in a std. room. Hate to see what they give to someone w...
Dear fletch4366,

I am very sorry for the experience and service failures you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take great pride in our staff and the job that they do and I cannot apologize enough we were not able to deliver and accommodate your needs. I will share your comments with our team to train and motivate us to deliver each and every time. Your feedback is very valuable to us and I cannot thank you enough for bringing these items to our attention. We hope to welcome you back to enjoy the true Sheraton experience.

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!