“Rare, quality service at Syrah restaurant; attentive staff at front desk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Reston Hotel

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reston, United Kingdom
“Rare, quality service at Syrah restaurant; attentive staff at front desk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

As a career service man, I've experienced a wide range of meals on the road (and off them). The dining experience in the restaurant was exceptional. Andrea was polite and able to be attentive without interrupting my meal; something many other restaurants cannot seem to balance. Kader provided a delicious desert (apple pie) which I recommend to anyone in need of (and with spare room) a sweet end to a filling meal.

The shuttle arrived just as I made it to the pick-up location; great timing! The staff at check-in were not only polite (more rare these days) but helpful and anticipated requests, questions, and needs before I was even aware of them. I stayed in a newly renovated room that was cleaner than anything I've seen lately.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very clean , service was excellent the food in Sara restraunt was excellent salmon was fabulous ! They also have a very good breakfast buffet everything you can imagine & more. The hotel has a shuttle to take you to Airport or into town to shop it was a fabulous trip we will definitely stay their again !

• Stayed July 2013
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Chloey22,

Thank you so much for providing us with such valuable feedback. I am very excited to hear how wonderful your stay was with us. We are very excited about our newly renovated and updated rooms and are so glad you were able to enjoy them as well. We cannot wait to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

indiffernet check in staff? check.

single person with two twin beds? check.

If your goal is to be treated like a revenue item rather than a guest... this is your place. I'm definitely leaving here tomorrow.

How does this place stay in business with staff that would rather be working at radio shack?

Room Tip: Another hotel. I'm platinum SPG and am in a std. room. Hate to see what they give to someone w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear fletch4366,

I am very sorry for the experience and service failures you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take great pride in our staff and the job that they do and I cannot apologize enough we were not able to deliver and accommodate your needs. I will share your comments with our team to train and motivate us to deliver each and every time. Your feedback is very valuable to us and I cannot thank you enough for bringing these items to our attention. We hope to welcome you back to enjoy the true Sheraton experience.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed in a newly renovated room with the most comfortable beds and pillows and linens so it provided an incredible nights sleep. We also requested an in room refrigerator which was provided quite promptly.
A breakfast buffet that was offered was delicious and selections included hot entrees, fresh fruit, cereals, etc as well as menu offerings.
The bar was quiet and offered a nice place for a drink and conversation.
All the staff were personable and helpful.
The hotel is located approx 1 mile from Reston Town Center. We dove there since it is easy to park in the free garages. Reston Town Center is a great place for food and shopping and movies.
All together a great deal on a great room in a very nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My sole purpose for staying here was for an international flight out of IAD. We did a park and fly option where we dropped our car off in their parking lot befornd stayed fodispatched, upon our return.

Upon check-in, the woman at the desk said the shuttle was leaving in 2 minutes, but she'd ask the driver to wait since we were pressed for time. When we got out front, the valet said the shuttle had left 8 minutes ago, and they only run once every half hour. He radioed the driver, who had not been informed to wait for us, and was not willing to turn back. I ran inside to seek help from the woman, but she was clearly avoiding eye contact with me. We were forced to take a $28 cab ride to the hotel.

Well, we just landed after being gone for 15 days, and had to wait 44 minutes for the shuttle, despite calling twice. Their website directs you to call when you land to have the shuttle dispatched, but the guy on the phone told us it runs on a regular schedule. Not so regular if I'm waiting on the curb for 44 minutes...after a 9 hour flight...when most local restaurants closed at 9 (just got to our room--9:42).

If it's any consolation, it's a large, very nice room, with an excellent price. Unfortunately though, I'll never stay here again due to the poor shuttle service.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Melissa p,

I would like to apologize for the service failures you encountered while staying at our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable to us and I thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. I have shared your concerns and experience with our entire team to ensure we handle these situations more thoroughly in the future. As you mentioned our shuttle service is very important and we take great pride in the consistency of our service. If you are ever in the area we would love the opportunity to welcome you back.
Cheektowaga, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My experience at this hotel was wonderful,the service desk guy who waited on me who's name is Kurt upgraded my stay with complimentary breakfast for my 2 kids and complimentary Wifi, He along with the rest of the staff there treated me with respect and made sure i was comfortable i'll surely continue to visit this hotel in the future.The entire staff that i encountered was proffessional,Great location with a Golf Course across the street.

Room Tip: My higher floor had a great view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel stands up to a Sheraton quality apart from the food. The breakfast buffet is quite poor and the same goes for the lunch and dinner options. Apart from that the rooms are quite nice and spacious, clean and quite comfortable for doing some work. There is also a swimming pool outside and a small fitness room which is open 24hrs a day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Yiannis G,

Thank you so much for providing us with such valuable feedback. I am very glad you were able to experience our new and improved guest rooms. I am sad to hear your dining experience was not up to the Sheraton standard. We cannot wait to welcome you back to enjoy the recently added specials and daily soup to our menu to help give additional options.

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!