“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Atlanta
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Reston is a sort of Stepford Wives community, somebody's idea of a suburban paradise, but to my taste claustrophobic and artificial. This Sheraton is very much of that character. I have only one concrete complaint about it, and that is that I was made to pay for my daily New York Times. Perhaps I should expect that at a Sheraton-league hotel, but (as part of the particular package I purchased) they give away wine and substantial snacks during happy hour (substantial enough that some guests clearly treated it as dinner) and put on a substantial continental breakfast, so it seems cheap to make me cough up for a national newspaper.

The woman (whose name I forget) who staffed the breakfast in the club room (or whatever it's called) was perky to a fault, almost annoyingly so. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. I did not use many other hotel amenities so cannot comment, but certainly I discovered that if you want to go out for a walk or job, you can forget it. This is a town for cars, not humans. Sidewalks or paths anywhere near the hotel are impossible to find or non-existent.

This was a business trip and this hotel clearly caters to business travelers, most especially those of the socioeconomic bracket that go about in polo shirts and seem perpetually harried (and seem prone, for whatever reason, to stealing their meals by stuffing their pockets with free stuff from the club room). I would not recommend this venue for the leisure traveler, but then I can't imagine why a leisure traveler would be in Reston, VA. For a certain class of business traveler, this hotel is going to give you pretty much what I imagine you'd expect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Mousewife,

Thank you so much for providing us with such wonderful feedback. I am very glad that our staff was helpful and able to accommodate your needs. In the future please stop by the front desk as we have very detailed running maps of the area so you can get a quality work out in while visiting. We also have a local shuttle to take you to our local vibrant town center just minutes away. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked a room through Priceline for 2 days. The first day me and husband were both disappointed by the outdated rooms and lack of fridge / microwave and other common amenities in a 4 star hotel. The bathroom is worse than in any motel. The staff was friendly but does it compensate for the itchy room? No. We took NyQuil the second day to get some sleep. We had already paid for both the nights in advance and wasn't eligible for a return. So we were stuck! Do not stay in this hotel if you're expecting 4 star service. If you just want somewhere to sleep, stay in a cheap motel where you don't have high expectations. If you don't have expectations , it won't be disappointing when they aren't met.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Sdhak002,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am so sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We our currently remodeling our guest rooms to update them as well as give them a more modern décor. In the future please do not hesitate to contact the front desk and we can certainly provide a refrigerator upon request. I am very glad to learn that our staff were friendly and helpful during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The restaurant for breakfast was very comfortable and peaceful. I was surprised at the service, being that is was a self-serve buffet me and my group were still waited on. We didn't have to get up for anything, Manuel was very kind and wouldn't let me toast my bagel and when he returned I received cream cheese which I love and jelly and marmalade on the side .Very upscale service, they know what they represent at this hotel,great!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear MrsMoreno2008,

Thank you for providing us with feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I am very glad that you had such a wonderful dining experience with us. We take great pride in our wonderful staff at the Sheraton and our very proud of the work that they do. If you are ever in the area again we would love to invite you to experience our dining options for dinner as we have a wonderful menu in the evening as well as wonderful daily special.
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton Reston Hotel many times and every time I have received exceptional service. While I have also stayed at Category 5/6/7 hotels I can honestly say I have never felt as welcome by the staff as I do at this property. The front desk worker Kurt is extremely helpful every time and ensures my stay is as fulfilling as it possibly could be. He remembers me by name at check in every stay and makes me feel welcome as ever. In addition he makes checks to make sure as a platinum member everything I need is taken care of in the duration of my stay. The bar provides a welcoming atmosphere and the food is exceptional. I will continue to maintain my loyalty with this hotel for a very long time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Taylor S,

Thank you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am very excited and pleased to hear of the wonderful personalized service you encountered while staying at our hotel. Our goal is to deliver a memorable and stress free stay for every guest. We take great pride in our staff and the service they deliver. We cannot wait to welcome you back home.
Newport Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have a new office in the Great Falls area; for the sake of business and my poor coworkers, we don't encourage anyone to stay at the Sheraton Reston Hotel again. This hotel is terrible beyond belief. Terrible service, funny smell and the rooms are so old they are literally crumbling.

That being said, the Hyatt Regency Reston down the street is a dream.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear JJamdAdice,

I would like to say thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves on the level and quality of service we deliver. We are actually undergoing a renovation to all of our guest rooms to update them with a more modern décor. We cannot wait to welcome you back so that you may experience our newly rejuvenated rooms.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel was recommended by business contact near their offices. It was a good choice, their famous heavenly bed was comfortable, but the abundant bed linens was hard to sleep among! The heavy comforter was nice when the air-conditioning got too cold, but then it got to be too warm shortly thereafter. Comfy pillows too.
Large room with desk and a small table that could be used as a laptop stand if sitting in the chair near the bed. Bathroom slightly small and could have used an upgrade wall tiles and flooring, but it was okay for the short visit.
The onsite pool looked inviting and there was actually a working lifeguard on duty while the pool was open. Looked like the upgrades to the interior decorating/finishing work are tasteful and impressive.

The female desk clerk that worked on the Sunday we checked in was very helpful and offered good recommendation for places to eat near the hotel. She acknowledged my SPG status and provided the internet access code without my having to request it.

Good location, good value.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms in the wing not over the lobby were real quiet. The wooded setting helps to cut down...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

As in the last 4 years that we stay for more than 6 weeks in the "Sheraton" in Ruston, Virginia, we found that the warm of a family welcoming us and every year.

Our 4 boys love this place and will refuse to go any were else, we all love and enjoy every day the kindness and warmth of every body that works in this Hotel.

We only notice a little bit of a change during the time that their outstanding Chef Mrs. Carmen was on vacations, the food was different, gladly she is back now and we can all enjoy the great food she prepares. Besides all the staff at the restaurant are very friendly, excellent service and always ready to serve at their best.

As you may know great food and friendly environment is all we need as a family to enjoy our time away from home, and we have all of this and more at the Sheraton in Reston.

We do highly recommend it for whatever reason you need a place to stay .

Room Tip: Rooms at the wing side are very convenient for families with children.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear MariaG,

Thank you so much for providing us with your wonderful feedback. We are very glad to hear that your stay was a true success. We are very proud of our staff and take great pride in the wonderful service they deliver. We thank you for your loyalty and cannot wait to welcome you back to the Sheraton Reston hotel.

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!