“Great staff, close to city and airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
London
“Great staff, close to city and airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed 2 nights on a business trip and found the hotel to be generally very good. The staff made the place really due to being very friendly and attentive.

The hotel itself is in reasonable condition, although it looks a little dated from the outside. The hotel has a pool, which I sadly did not get a chance to use, a bar open to 11pm and a restaurant open to 10pm.

The room I had was apparently newly refurbished, although it looked like any other hotel room to me. The size was good, standard TV, coffee machine and desk were included. The plus point was the free wifi access, which although was not quick, was free at least.

All in all, a decent place to stay, not too taxing on the wallet and reasonable facilities and great location.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Turkish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

we are supposed to get our connecting flight but it was cancelled so the airport gave us papers to hotels. before we go at the hotle we call there for the shuttle they explain very well where the bus will pick us up how to identify it and where to stay.. we went to shereten by then and was check in staff was very friendly. we check out And go there again because the flight postponed for 2 days. the girl maria check in us we are assigned to good rooms like the first time. and we ask about the dc she explain good and told us the ways on how to go there. she gave us map and write the instructions, she even arranged a taxi for us, taxi driver was very friendly i think the taxi is affiliated with sheraton. sheraton is a good hotel. cheers to everybody there!

Room Tip: go to the room near the desk
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Cairnaokch,

I sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback concerning your stay with us. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy yourself during your brief stay with us. It is our duty to ensure we provide you with a memorable and stress free visit. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

our flight got cancelled and it was terrible. good thing that the airport gave us accommodation to this hotel Me and my husband was greeted by the front desk with smile on their faces (maria and sharef) atleast I know we are taken care of. maria took care of us and was very helpful she informed me about the features of the hotel and helped me with all my questions since it is our first time there,including the bus to the airport. everyone was helpful. it was good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

air ducts stuffed with dust in the room in which carpet absolutely reeks of mould, coupled with hair remnants in the bathroom makes for a great experience.

to top it off, one of the slowest wifi (in room as well as lobby) of any hotel I've stayed at in the US. Synchronous top out at 70Kb/s (u/d).

Do yourself a favour, and book 100 metres up the road at the Westin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Johnnie8,

We take all of our guest’s feedback very seriously and use this to improve as we move forward. I am very sorry for your experience with our shuttle. We are working with our drivers to better communicate their exact destination to clear up confusion upon your arrival to the airport. I am also very sorry for the way in which you were advised to get to the new hotel. This is not the way we train our staff to handle these situations.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Got stuck in DC for the night and the airline had me stay here. It was a very nice hotel. The room was well apportioned and all the amenities you would expect at a Sheraton were there. I ate dinner at the bar and had a fantastic Salmon dinner and had a great time with my fellow stuck passengers. There were a lot of people that missed connections that day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bonn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Unfortunately, I had to return three times to front desk since the keys to my room didn't work! After those three failed attempts housekeeping let me into my room, but I still didn't have working keys to my room yet. The young man whom I checked in with at the front desk, however, assured me to send someone up to my room to fix that problem soon. Since after three hours of waiting still nobody showed up, I called front desk once more again. When the engineer finally came to my room, he told me nobody informed him about the problem with my door / keys. In short, I find this form of customer care unacceptable! Not to mention, while feeling caught in my own hotel room and waiting hungry for having dinner, due to that delay I had real difficulties to find something to eat later on the same night!

Room Tip: The rooms definitely need a renovation!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Germanmallard,

I would like to thank you for providing us with your gift of feedback. I am very sorry for the key issues you experienced while visiting our hotel and wish this situation was handled in a more professional manner. We strive to deliver excellent customer service to every guest in our hotel. We have looked into the issues you experienced and have made the necessary changes to ensure events such as this are avoided in the future. We hope to welcome you back so that you can enjoy a more memorable experience.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

There is something that I like about the rooms here, nicely done warm and comfortable.
Stayed this past week, noticed looking down on the roofs around the pool that are peeling and blistered, reminds me that this property is looking for some love. The toilet would run every 10 minutes or so as the water leaked out, and the TV remote did not work well, it would not show you movies available, just changed channels. The club room had a OK breakfast, eggs and bagels, 3 cereals and juice but tired looking. The coffee machine was having problems too! Hope they renovate soon (major), as the nearby Westin looks better and better.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear SeatravelerWA,

We would like to thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you found the rooms warm and welcoming as this is our goal. We are actually undergoing a renovation to all of our guest rooms to update them with a more modern décor. We cannot wait to welcome you back so that you may experience our newly rejuvenated rooms.

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!