“Waited more than three hours for working keys to my room” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Reston
Bonn
“Waited more than three hours for working keys to my room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Unfortunately, I had to return three times to front desk since the keys to my room didn't work! After those three failed attempts housekeeping let me into my room, but I still didn't have working keys to my room yet. The young man whom I checked in with at the front desk, however, assured me to send someone up to my room to fix that problem soon. Since after three hours of waiting still nobody showed up, I called front desk once more again. When the engineer finally came to my room, he told me nobody informed him about the problem with my door / keys. In short, I find this form of customer care unacceptable! Not to mention, while feeling caught in my own hotel room and waiting hungry for having dinner, due to that delay I had real difficulties to find something to eat later on the same night!

Room Tip: The rooms definitely need a renovation!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Germanmallard,

I would like to thank you for providing us with your gift of feedback. I am very sorry for the key issues you experienced while visiting our hotel and wish this situation was handled in a more professional manner. We strive to deliver excellent customer service to every guest in our hotel. We have looked into the issues you experienced and have made the necessary changes to ensure events such as this are avoided in the future. We hope to welcome you back so that you can enjoy a more memorable experience.

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

There is something that I like about the rooms here, nicely done warm and comfortable.
Stayed this past week, noticed looking down on the roofs around the pool that are peeling and blistered, reminds me that this property is looking for some love. The toilet would run every 10 minutes or so as the water leaked out, and the TV remote did not work well, it would not show you movies available, just changed channels. The club room had a OK breakfast, eggs and bagels, 3 cereals and juice but tired looking. The coffee machine was having problems too! Hope they renovate soon (major), as the nearby Westin looks better and better.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear SeatravelerWA,

We would like to thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you found the rooms warm and welcoming as this is our goal. We are actually undergoing a renovation to all of our guest rooms to update them with a more modern décor. We cannot wait to welcome you back so that you may experience our newly rejuvenated rooms.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been to so many hotel,this is worse.
The bathroom is terrible, smells bad, no fan, and one light is broken.
Also,My wife caught a bug on my cloth. Scare her to search the whole room. We went to bed 2 am.
All the glasses are plastic, and you tell me this is 4 start hotel. Get out.
I think they give us a second rate room for us to stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. We encourage feedback to make sure we are adapting to our guests needs.
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I were put up in this hotel as a result of volunteering to reschedule our flight through United. Have to say we expected a bit more modern hotel and room considering it was paid for by United.

Front desk staff was super friendly and the hotel is located close to the airport. Lobby is very worn looking though (furniture too, etc.) Reminded me of a hotel from the 70's.

The room was very basic and not very nice. But clean. No fridge. Very worn looking in every way. Lamp didn't work. Air conditioner was a bit loud with air blasting from the vents. We thought we were in a quiet section until we heard people talking and partying at 2am. Walls seemed super thin so we turned on the fan as a distraction. Not a great night's sleep for sure.

For breakfast, we went to the hotel restaurant which was great. Great service. We were the only ones in there at the time as earlier they had tours going through. Had blueberry pancakes which were really quite good.

Overall, we would definitely not go there again if we were paying. My husband had a similar situation happen to him through United and they put him up at the Westin which he said was great. You might want to ask for this hotel over the Sheraton if you end up volunteering your seat! You'll probably have a better night's sleep.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any renovated rooms, but it's worth asking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Skategeezer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we truly appreciate it. I am very glad that our staff was able to accommodate your needs and that you had a pleasurable dining experience. We have recently upgraded to brand new heating and air units in every single room; and we are also updating all of our guestrooms to a more modern appearance. We hope to welcome you back in the future so that you can enjoy our new and refreshing rooms.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has definitely got their act together. They are most accommodating. I have zero complaints about the rooms and services provided.
For a class act like this, I was a bit disappointed with their continental breakfast.
And I was surprised to find that wifi isn't included in the pricey room. Most expensive price for wifi I've seen yet. Then again if one can afford the room rate, the fee for wifi is small potatoes. It's the principle of the thing. One can stay somewhere else for a lot less money and wifi is included. And if I was spending my own money for the room, I would stay somewhere else just in principle. Ben Franklin was right. A penny saved is a penny earned.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear thgr8waldopepper

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. We are very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in the staff we have and our very proud of the job that they do. It is our goal to deliver an outstanding and memorable experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Desk clerks were very helpful and accommodating. Room was spacious for the price, but bed was a little too firm or me. Quiet and clean. Free parking very close to main entrance. Close to shopping and restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We pricelined it for an overnight layover. Now, we got an incredibly low price so there is no complaint there. The one thing we need to point out is that for hotwire/priceline users, we don't get the same rooms as the folks who book through other means. We were put in the "wing section" and could tell right away that this is not the Sheraton we'd come to expect.

Cons
- No fridge/mini bar in the room.
- No safe.
- No toothbrush/paste or other basic amenities. You get soap/shampoo/conditioner and that's it.
- ALL glasses are plastic throw-aways.
- No hot water maker...we had to heat it up with the coffee maker.
- The bathroom has no ventilation fan/switch. A short shower steams up the entire room.

Basically you get a motel 8-like room in this section of this Sheraton. Now, the location is great, about 3 miles from Dulles. But just know that if you get this via priceline/hotwire, you are getting a second rate room. Now, we have an overall positive experience here but I had to give it a "1" to bring the average down (because they are basically running a budget section in the same hotel building).

Hope this helps.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear, burnaby6445,

I would like to thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am so sorry to learn of the quality of the room you stayed in while visiting the Sheraton Reston. We strive to deliver a positive and memorable experience to all of our guests. Our rooms our currently undergoing major updating to address some of the issues you incurred. We cannot wait to welcome you back so that you may experience our new rooms.

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!