“The customer service at this hotel has improved immensely.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
NYC
“The customer service at this hotel has improved immensely.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least 30 times over the past 15 years. The location is very convenient to the Dulles area - if you have a rental car. The Reston neighborhood is full of restaurants and shopping. This property is outdated but the location and rates are priced accordingly. The parking is plentiful and provides easy access to the Dulles expressway. I was very surprised to find that the service provided by the front desk has improved so much. I was greeted with great friendliness, efficiency and focus. I felt that I had the uninterrupted attention of the young man who was checking me in. I stopped at the desk several times during my stay for various reasons; to borrow an umbrella, pick-up fedex boxes, etc. Each time I noted that not only were the staff kind to me but also to the other guests. I don't know what kind of training they have provided but it is certainly working.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Our family suggested this hotel for our Easter brunch. It turned out to be a very enjoyable one even though the dinning room was filled. The various tables were set with any number of choices to begin our journey through food. Breakfast was a great omelet with great additions of fresh ham and vegetables. The waffles were nicely done and were served with a variety of fresh fruits. The other tables of smoked salmon, and various breads along with other meats and potatoes. The little neck white potatoes were baked to a nice finish. Salads were plentiful along with the desert room which was not a disappointment to anybody in our group. The servers were helpful and quick to address any questions we had. A return trip is in order.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jodie C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hello Norb K - thank you very much for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our Easter Brunch. This year was our fifth year and the most successful one thus far! Looking forward to next year. All the best!
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We ended up staying at this hotel for one night when our flight home was overbooked. This hotel is very small for a Sheraton (six floors), but the room was very nice and quite spacious. There was a loud event going on adjacent to the lobby when we checked in, but once we entered the elevator to go to our room, we did not hear any noise from it at all. The bed was *extremely* comfortable and we got a great night's sleep. There was complimentary bottled water in the room, which was quite welcome, and the bathroom was also spacious and well-stocked with toiletry amenities. The staff was extremely polite and helpful and offered a wakeup call in the morning. The only problems we saw: 1) At 6:45am when we were in the lobby awaiting the airport shuttle, there were no breakfast items available, not even a cup of coffee - we had to wait until we got to the airport to eat, which was a very rushed situation; and 2) The shuttle was a few minutes behind schedule, which made us anxious, since the check-in process at Dulles was a largely time-consuming affair. Overall, however, the hotel was fine and served our purpose well.

Room Tip: Hotel offers a free shuttle to Dulles airport which runs every half hour and hour.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Flashandww,

Thank you so Much for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you were able to get a good night’s sleep after such a chaotic night of traveling. I am also pleased to learn that our staff was able to take care of your needs. I am sorry to learn that you missed our breakfast; we have Syrah Restaurant on the second floor Just above the lobby which serves a full breakfast buffet. Next time you are in the area please stop by one of our wonderful restaurants for a great dining experience.
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Excellent location. Very close to Town Center which has many great restaurants & bars. The staff is excellent-very friendly & accommodating. The room was very clean & the bed was pretty comfortable. Overall, great value & experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jodie C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello Sonya,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is located in a perfect location near Reston Town Center, Washington Dulles International Airport, Reston National Golf Course, and many corporations. We hope you will return for another visit. Looking forward to welcoming you back!
Chevy Chase, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked last-minute on Hotels.com because the price was just about half! I even called the hotel directly to try and get a lower price and still quoted the higher price so just booked it online. When I showed up, they already had my room ready to go. Jessie at the front desk was wonderful. He upgraded me to the club level floor at no charge and waived my wifi as a courtesy. The room was clean and modern. The club level lounge had snacks and sodas all day long and a small breakfast in the morning. I instead ordered room service for breakfast and it was quite good. The server was professional and extremely pleasant. The order took less than 20 minutes to arrive which is always nice. The bathroom was clean and modern and I appreciated the full array of amenities without having to call down for something as ordinary as conditioner. They even provided a loofah and shaving cream...nice touch especially for a regular Sheraton! The bed was very comfortable. Only complaint...the walls were very thin and you could hear conversations and televisions going on. My room was also right next to the elevator so lots of noise with that early in the morning. Good thing I packed my earplugs. Exceptional staff though...it really makes a difference. I would stay here again especially at the discounted rate.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room away from the elevator if you can. The 6th floor is club level.
Houghton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The staff at this hotel is unfailingly friendly, pleasant, and helpful. The rooms are good, typical for a Sheraton. Clean, well-maintained. The pool is outdoors, so only open in summer. The hotel restaurant (Syrah) is limited, but not bad. Small menu. Good bar. I was there for a meeting during the winter. Main complaint is that the meeting rooms were very cold and drafty. There are restaurants and businesses reasonably close by. Hotel offers free shuttle to Dulles airport, and to Reston Town Center mall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear SMJ000,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback concerning your stay with us. I am delighted to hear how accommodating our staff was and that they were able to assist you throughout your stay. We take great pride in our ability to deliver outstanding customer service. I hope that you had time to enjoy our excellent location to all the shops and dining in the area. Hope to see you back for your next meeting.
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was at this hotel for an on-site meeting. Having been here before, I knew roughly what to expect. Here are the pros/cons to this hotel...

Staff - friendly and knowledgeable
Rooms - NOISY!! I could hear every movement in the adjoining rooms. Having a large group of excited junior high girls nearby didn't help matters any.
Bed - Sagging and non-supportive
Pillows - abundant but non-supportive, even when combined
Event catering - the food was amazingly good

Room Tip: As for rooms most proximate to the secondary set of elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear DRWMETMAN,
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is truly a gift. I am glad to hear that our staff was so polite and accommodating. We strive to deliver the best guest experience possible. I do regret that you encountered a noise issue during your stay. We do our best to ensure our business and leisure guests are in separate areas of the hotel to avoid situations like this. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly when you are returning to the area.

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!