“Paper-thin walls, horrible bed but good catering and pleasant staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Reston Hotel

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Reston
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
“Paper-thin walls, horrible bed but good catering and pleasant staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was at this hotel for an on-site meeting. Having been here before, I knew roughly what to expect. Here are the pros/cons to this hotel...

Staff - friendly and knowledgeable
Rooms - NOISY!! I could hear every movement in the adjoining rooms. Having a large group of excited junior high girls nearby didn't help matters any.
Bed - Sagging and non-supportive
Pillows - abundant but non-supportive, even when combined
Event catering - the food was amazingly good

Room Tip: As for rooms most proximate to the secondary set of elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Taylor H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear DRWMETMAN,
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is truly a gift. I am glad to hear that our staff was so polite and accommodating. We strive to deliver the best guest experience possible. I do regret that you encountered a noise issue during your stay. We do our best to ensure our business and leisure guests are in separate areas of the hotel to avoid situations like this. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly when you are returning to the area.

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Enjoyed my three day stay at the Sheraton Reston. It's super handy to the Dulles airport and a convenient hotel shuttle bus will take you shopping in Centertown. Lots of restaurants in the vicinity. Staff were excellent.

Ramat Hasharon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We came for few days for business. The staff is helpful and Pleasant, good and rich breakfast, very big rooms, comfortable bed. The hotel is located in a quiet place, and the atmosphere is pleasant. The location is just few minutes from the city center, where you. Could find very good restaurants. The parking place in the back of the hotel is very close to the elevators to the rooms.

Leesburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I were moving on 14 Feb 2013, and selected this hotel which was near our new house. I mentioned this to Kurt L. (front desk), and he took a vested interest in making sure everything was as effortless and up-to-snuff as possible. He MADE the visit for us during a very stressful time, and did so, so naturally. He is an abolute gem. I cannot say enough nice things about him. He even called the room to ensure all was OK. An employee in this case, made all the difference! Kudos to Kurt!

Other employees were also friendly and attentive, but Kurt scores big in our book. He is a model employee for making guests feel welcome. And again, he provided customer service so effortlessly ... which I know it isn't! Thank you so much for allowing us to decompress the night before our move into our new house!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Well, the location sucks if you're driving around the hotel near rush hour time. And the parking isn't the most convenient. However, I did park in the lot across from the front and so maybe there was closer parking and I just didn't pay attention so that may be misjudgement on my part. The hotel is currently under construction so it's a little messy but it didn't bother me at all. There was nobody at the front desk when I came in but in about 4 minutes, someone showed up and she was very nice. This hotel offers a day rate from 9am till 5pm through a third party vendor for a really good price. The room was clean and no bed bugs and I didn't hear any noise so it was a very good place in my opinion. I'm sure it'll be much more refined after the construction.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Arlington, virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Thank you Jesse and Kurt at the front desk and to our shuttle driver that I am sorry to say I didnt get his name. Why? because these three gentlemen, our comfortable bed and dinner made our stay at this Sheraton wonderfully relaxing. The quick shuttle to Reston Town Center, the business center and the restaurant is a 10.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed there for almost 2 weeks in 2010. It was about half hour to 1 hour (depending on the traffic) to Washington, DC. The place is out of nowhere, far from everywhere. However, it was pretty nice nice. The swimming pool had a guard. My son was drowning, the guard saved him to the rescue.

It has an open wifi in the lobby and you can use the computers and printers for free.

However, if you want a microwave or fridge to be brought to your bedroom, the cost was $15 per day. (This was in 2010.) I stayed in another Sheraton Hotel in Massachusetts in 2009, they brought me a fridge to my bedroom and it was free of charge.

Be careful when using your bedroom phone, they charge you a lot of money even though you dial 800 number.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Tony B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear thetraveler145,

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Reston and the gift of feedback regarding your experience.

The safety and security of our guests is extremely important to us. I am very happy to hear that the lifeguard was attentive and took care of such a serious issue quickly.

Our shuttle provides convenient access to the Reston Town Center which boasts 50 retail shops, 30 restaurants, and a newly renovated movie theatre. I hope you get the opportunity to return to Reston so our fantastic staff can ensure you enjoy all that the area has to offer.

Warmly,

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!