“Stayed There in 2010” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
USA
“Stayed There in 2010”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed there for almost 2 weeks in 2010. It was about half hour to 1 hour (depending on the traffic) to Washington, DC. The place is out of nowhere, far from everywhere. However, it was pretty nice nice. The swimming pool had a guard. My son was drowning, the guard saved him to the rescue.

It has an open wifi in the lobby and you can use the computers and printers for free.

However, if you want a microwave or fridge to be brought to your bedroom, the cost was $15 per day. (This was in 2010.) I stayed in another Sheraton Hotel in Massachusetts in 2009, they brought me a fridge to my bedroom and it was free of charge.

Be careful when using your bedroom phone, they charge you a lot of money even though you dial 800 number.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Tony B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear thetraveler145,

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Reston and the gift of feedback regarding your experience.

The safety and security of our guests is extremely important to us. I am very happy to hear that the lifeguard was attentive and took care of such a serious issue quickly.

Our shuttle provides convenient access to the Reston Town Center which boasts 50 retail shops, 30 restaurants, and a newly renovated movie theatre. I hope you get the opportunity to return to Reston so our fantastic staff can ensure you enjoy all that the area has to offer.

Warmly,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Modiin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel is OK but have some problems, the architecture makes it difficult to heat it so going from your room to have breakfast, if winter, will require warm clothes.

Decorated with no taste, it's a functional property with little charm.

Breakfast is poor, service sometimes fair, sometimes absent.

The rooms are big and comfortable, and there is parking places available outside the hotel,

So its OK for a business trip where you will not stay too much time at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tony B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Avargasil,

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share feedback regarding your experience at Sheraton Reston.
I am disappointed to see you were not fully satisfied with services provided. However, we are currently in the process of renovating our guest rooms and public areas, I am sure you will be able to enjoy the new décor once it is completed.

During the summer time, you may enjoy the pool which is located in the garden. In addition, we provide a courtesy shuttle to Reston Town Center where you may find many shops and restaurants. The Silver Line Metro, which is currently in progress, scheduled to be completed later this year will provide easy access to Washington DC as well.

Warm regards,
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our flight from Dulles Airport to Harrisburg was cancelled due to weather and United was not able to reschedule us for 2 days. I called the 800 number on the room voucher and it went to an automated reservation system offering me a room at the Sheraton Reston for $70. As it was already past 11pm and my daughter and I had flown in from LA at 9am I just went for it.

They offered free shuttle service which took us awhile to locate and for the shuttle to arrive most of which was due to United's automated system voice being somewhat difficult to understand.

We arrived at the hotel close to midnight with a shuttle bus load of people. The hotel staff was minimal not expecting a large number of check ins at such a late hour yet they handled the volume quickly, efficiently and polity. They provided any needed toiletry items such as tooth paste and tooth brushes, complementary Wi-Fi, coffee, tea and juices or sodas free of charge from the lobby quick shop and got us all rooms.

The room was very nice, clean and well maintained. Wide screen TV and comfortable beds. The restaurant was not open at such a late hour but the bar tender kept the bar open serving what she could to anyone in need of a meal or drink. As it was now after midnight it was officially my birthday (December 27) and our wonderful bar tender bought me both a glass of Guinness and shot of Irish whiskey.

The Sheraton Reston has shuttle service to and from locale businesses that runs every half hour. Also to and from Dulles. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. My daughter and I found things to do at the Reston Town Center which has a nice ice skating rink, shops and restaurants. All and all what could have been a very bad experience was made into a very unexpected positive vacation addition. I most defiantly give the hotel and its staff an A+ in all aspects.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tony B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear rabbitjafa,

We understand that is must have been very difficult to have had to change your plans unexpectedly due to weather, I am very happy to hear your stay was pleasant at Sheraton Reston and that is our main goal, to provide exceptional services to leave memorable experiences.

We are hoping to see you in near future for longer stays and hoping a wonderful New Year!

Warm regards,
Dallas, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Front desk,housekeeping, maintenance,wait staff work together to provide their guest with the optimum service. I point this out because when traveling receiving care and concern from hotel staff is required. This aspect of taking up residence in a hotel is my top priority at any level of class hotel. The Sheraton Reston hotel not only meets but exceeds this expectation.
The wait staff is totally friendly and accomodating. We only ate breakfast in the hotel and I can say it was always hot and freshly cooked.
Our room, #320, faced the back of the hotel and was quiet. We were in the "U" shaped building which was never far from the restaurants. The room was bit musty and slightly worn. The category,starwood preferred, king bed with a separate living rm space. Fresh and clean everyday. The room appeared to wheelchair accessible, wide doorways and the bathroom had many grab bars. Now, this is strange my Husband approached the tub with the intention of taking a shower but could not find a device to operate the hand held shower. The spout had a button which he depressed and then the water flowed out of the shower. This was problematic because we were meeting our son and this "HOW TO TAKE A SHOWER" made us late. The issues were minor, mostly annoying, and were repaired quickly. The location is a mile from the Reston Town Center which is close to our son's home; therefore, an excellent location.
My husband said he would return and would like the rooms facing the pool which are in the same wing as our room.

Room Tip: #320 was in the wing which is in the back of the hotel. easy entry in the rear; however the carts a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

At first glance this Sheraton seems focused on meetings (based on the layout on the ground floor), but it turned out to be a nice place for leisure travelers. After going for breakfast Saturday, our waiter rembered our preferences on Sunday - and even recommended some things we'd like (and that would save us money). The shuttle to Reston Town Center made it easy for us to get back and forth.

It's a bit far out if your plan is to spend lots of time in DC (taxi's cost us $60-75 one way from Reagan National Airport), but if not it's a nice hotel. The lobby areas and resturant are fairly up to date; the rooms are a bit shabby but still very serviceable.

Room Tip: Choose an outside room to avoid noise from the pool and to get a better view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tony B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear huggio,

First of all, thank you for your review which is an invaluable feedback for us. Our goal is to provide exceptional guest services, creating a memorable stay at Sheraton Reston. We are eager to learn from our guests, using their feedback to improve our services and evaluate ourselves.

At Sheraton Reston, we are able to accommodate our business travelers, by having large number of meeting rooms, “Link @ Sheraton experiences by Microsoft” business center, and complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby, and many more.
However, also pleased to provide services for our leisure travelers as well by having a nice outdoor pool in a patio to relax, Cosmopolitan Lounge for dinner and drinks with a pool table to wine down and the courtesy shuttle to provide transportation to destinations within a two mile radius, also the popular Reston Town Center where you may find many more options for restaurants and shopping.

We also have courtesy shuttle to Dulles Airport as well, which is only 15-20 minutes away.

Please contact me directly if you need any assistance or if you have any requests for your next trip to Reston area.

Warmly,

Tony Besener
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Initially I was not happy that United put me into Sheraton since I am a diamond status with Hilton. Although I did not get the benefits of my status I was treated extremely well. The front desk guy Jesse was the best! He made my stay perfect by making sure that I had everything I needed, since my bags were still at the airport on way to my destination.

The restaurant ladies were very respectful and professional making sure everything was great.
Even the bar maid was refreshing and enjoyable. Only complaint would be that there should be happy hour on weekends since I did not get to pick my dates here it would be nice to have a couple happy hour drinks.....

All and all I highly recommend this place and the staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stay here quite often for work in Reston. No need to stay if you are on vacation in Wash DC. They offer a free airport shuttle over 30 minutes but its only a 15 trip to the hotel so sometimes I still take a cab ($18-25) if i just missed the shuttle. They also offer a local shuttle to Town Center and to office complexes in the area. My favorite this is that I can decline maid service and get a $5 voucher each day to use at the lobby store for snacks; The hotel rooms are fine - good mattress, flat screen TV, nice bath toiletries; but there is no mini bar or refridge; I have always gotten free wifi but not sure if that is a corp rate. The last trip I got Club room access which was nice for breakfast and happy hour. Decent gym and there is a pool and large patio area if you are bringing family. Cookies in the lobby; have tried room service a couple times - the menu is designed to help you figure out how to eat healthy; free business center with several computers and printer in lobby; conference center too

Room Tip: try to get in the tower rooms where the elevators are in the lobby by the front desk;
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Georgia&Sunshine,

Thank you for your gift of feedback; we thank you for being a loyal guest of Sheraton Reston.

To add some more to the “Make a Green Choice” program, we will be able to provide you $5 vouchers per day or 500 points daily if you are an SPG member, while declining housekeeping service throughout your stay.

If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Tony Besener

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!