“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Reston
Reston, Virginia
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Planning our company Christmas Party and the marketing team was Great - Brian and Stephanie

Looked around and had 30 minutes or so; went up the bar just as it was opening.

WOW; just as the doors were opening 5 of us hit the bartender, Linda I think her name was.

She was outstanding; plesant, knowlegable and insightful.

I had a few (my boss won't read this will he?) cokes

the other 4 were beer drinkers she quickly had ordering some very exotic drinks.

What a great ambassador Linda is - she will definately work our Christmas Party!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have been a guest of sheraton Reston hotel for over 6-7 years. Every staff member, Bus drivers, housekeeping, restaurant staff, and especially, front desk personal, has went that extra mile to accommodate me. This visit prompted me to express my thanks too.
KURT LOUIS!!!
I will always refer any and every one I know to him and the sheraton Reston team.

Room Tip: The king size bed in the room is large enough for me, wife and 2yr. son, very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Young man named Kurt from start to finish was absolutely wonderful. Helpful and courteous, give the kid a raise!!!!!!!!!! He took care of us right away, gave us helpful information and was very friendly and kind. The hotel could literally be crappy and I would pay to have this level of customer service and friendliness. Kurt acted like he wanted me to be here and he was happy to see me. THANK YOU SHERATON

Iowa City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The mattress on the bed was just old and slumpy. The bathroom was tiny, old and not clean. The carpet looked quite old. Definitely the rooms require serious renovation. However, the staff were nice, welcoming and helpful. Definitely not recommended for any non-business or leisure purpose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tony B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear MDPIowacity,

Thank you for taking your time and providing us feedback regarding the hotel facilities and the services. We value our guests’ reviews to be able to provide better services and make chances according to our guests’ needs.

Our team works hard to provide exceptional guest services and to accommodate the needs of our valued guests. I am happy and proud to hear you were satisfied with the services and also happy to inform you that we are currently in planning stages of an overall renovation, included with this will be the latest version of the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper mattress.

If you need any assistance for your future plans at Sheraton Reston, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Warm regards,

Tony Besener
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel provides shuttle service to Dulles airport. The staffs at the hotel are very kind and extremely helpful. The hotel provides free wifi at the lobby. The room and bathroom were clean. The room was a little bit noisy due to some maintenance or A/C repair. The hotel needs renovation. The carpet seems outdated. The hotel is located in a nice area. However, there is not a lot near the hotel.

Arlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Clean, decent food - at the restaurant and catering. Free wifi in lobby. Good for a business travel. Not a lot near by but that's not the hotel's fault. I felt well taken care of there. The shuttle to Dulles was great as well.

Long Island City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I usually don't see a hotel like this in such a nice area. This place is worn out, carpets through-out were stained and matted. There was an odor in the hallways that was remeniscent of a dog kennel and I love dogs. I went down to bar and while waiting for a drink (about 20 minutes), I complained to the barmaid and she verbally abused me in front of 20 patrons. Meanwhile she was on her phone. Location was good, however, this place needs a make over, it's lost somewhere in the 70's. I'm not kidding!!!! We cut our trip short and went into DC.

Room Tip: There aren't any, if you saty here, bring spray bleach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tony B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear hockeybuzz,

First of all I would like to thank you for your gift of feedback, I sincerely apologize that our hotel amenities and services did not meet your expectations. We are currently in the planning stages of updating our guest rooms and public space. I would like to apologize for the wait time in the bar area, waiting for a drink for 20 minutes is excessive amount of time. We take great pride in being able to deliver excellent service to our guests and not meeting your expectations is not acceptable to us as this experience was unacceptable to you.

I do hope you will continue to visit the Sheraton Reston and Westin Reston Heights in the coming months so you can join us to watch the Sheraton change and grow.
Thank you again for sharing with us, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Warm Regards,

Tony Besener

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!