“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Young man named Kurt from start to finish was absolutely wonderful. Helpful and courteous, give the kid a raise!!!!!!!!!! He took care of us right away, gave us helpful information and was very friendly and kind. The hotel could literally be crappy and I would pay to have this level of customer service and friendliness. Kurt acted like he wanted me to be here and he was happy to see me. THANK YOU SHERATON

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Iowa City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The mattress on the bed was just old and slumpy. The bathroom was tiny, old and not clean. The carpet looked quite old. Definitely the rooms require serious renovation. However, the staff were nice, welcoming and helpful. Definitely not recommended for any non-business or leisure purpose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tony B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear MDPIowacity,

Thank you for taking your time and providing us feedback regarding the hotel facilities and the services. We value our guests’ reviews to be able to provide better services and make chances according to our guests’ needs.

Our team works hard to provide exceptional guest services and to accommodate the needs of our valued guests. I am happy and proud to hear you were satisfied with the services and also happy to inform you that we are currently in planning stages of an overall renovation, included with this will be the latest version of the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper mattress.

If you need any assistance for your future plans at Sheraton Reston, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Warm regards,

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel provides shuttle service to Dulles airport. The staffs at the hotel are very kind and extremely helpful. The hotel provides free wifi at the lobby. The room and bathroom were clean. The room was a little bit noisy due to some maintenance or A/C repair. The hotel needs renovation. The carpet seems outdated. The hotel is located in a nice area. However, there is not a lot near the hotel.

Arlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Clean, decent food - at the restaurant and catering. Free wifi in lobby. Good for a business travel. Not a lot near by but that's not the hotel's fault. I felt well taken care of there. The shuttle to Dulles was great as well.

Long Island City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I usually don't see a hotel like this in such a nice area. This place is worn out, carpets through-out were stained and matted. There was an odor in the hallways that was remeniscent of a dog kennel and I love dogs. I went down to bar and while waiting for a drink (about 20 minutes), I complained to the barmaid and she verbally abused me in front of 20 patrons. Meanwhile she was on her phone. Location was good, however, this place needs a make over, it's lost somewhere in the 70's. I'm not kidding!!!! We cut our trip short and went into DC.

Room Tip: There aren't any, if you saty here, bring spray bleach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tony B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear hockeybuzz,

First of all I would like to thank you for your gift of feedback, I sincerely apologize that our hotel amenities and services did not meet your expectations. We are currently in the planning stages of updating our guest rooms and public space. I would like to apologize for the wait time in the bar area, waiting for a drink for 20 minutes is excessive amount of time. We take great pride in being able to deliver excellent service to our guests and not meeting your expectations is not acceptable to us as this experience was unacceptable to you.

I do hope you will continue to visit the Sheraton Reston and Westin Reston Heights in the coming months so you can join us to watch the Sheraton change and grow.
Thank you again for sharing with us, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Warm Regards,

Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very good hotel, great service, what you expect from Sheraton. Location is near Reston Town Center that has great restaurants, bars and shopping. The gym is small but well equiped. Wi fi is free in main lobby. Rooms are clean and modern.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
hong kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stay in this hotel as thats where we are lodged by the Company. Its certainly not by choice as there are far better Sheratons than this one. I find the rooms dank and dreary. There is a pervading smell of empty grey water drain pipes if the air conditioning is not on.

The room I had was on this occasion with a good view but the huge bed and very large room seemed to me to be oppullently unnecessary unless you are very large and require swinging room. The decor strikes me as being a bit dreary and depressing.

It is most certainly a business hotel with a large number of guests passing through.

Front desk is very helpful and knowledgeable. The Staff are very helpful and to me thats its saving grace.

The cold breakfast buffet is quite limited and if you have a cooked breakfast it is not in my opinion cheap. Although I didnt participate in a hot breakfast my colleagues did and it seemed fair enough.

There is a club room on the 6th Floor. I went in about 10 pm at night, it simply reeked of stale kitchen type odours.. I didnt hang around.

Room Tip: I have over the years stayed in three different rooms here at various levels and despite staying in...
Dear Marview,

Thank you for your review and being a loyal guest to Sheraton Reston. Your feedback is invaluable, I would like to address the points you have touched with my staff members to be able to improve our product and services.
We are currently in the process of replacing the A/C units in our rooms and we are planning to go over an overall renovation in our guest rooms and public space soon. I am sure afterwards you will be able to find the décor and furniture more appealing.
Please contact me for your next trip to Reston area and I will be able to assist you with your accommodations to make sure we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Warm regards,

Tony Besener

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!