“Plenty of other hotels in the area, not maintained!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Long Island City, New York
“Plenty of other hotels in the area, not maintained!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I usually don't see a hotel like this in such a nice area. This place is worn out, carpets through-out were stained and matted. There was an odor in the hallways that was remeniscent of a dog kennel and I love dogs. I went down to bar and while waiting for a drink (about 20 minutes), I complained to the barmaid and she verbally abused me in front of 20 patrons. Meanwhile she was on her phone. Location was good, however, this place needs a make over, it's lost somewhere in the 70's. I'm not kidding!!!! We cut our trip short and went into DC.

Room Tip: There aren't any, if you saty here, bring spray bleach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tony B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear hockeybuzz,

First of all I would like to thank you for your gift of feedback, I sincerely apologize that our hotel amenities and services did not meet your expectations. We are currently in the planning stages of updating our guest rooms and public space. I would like to apologize for the wait time in the bar area, waiting for a drink for 20 minutes is excessive amount of time. We take great pride in being able to deliver excellent service to our guests and not meeting your expectations is not acceptable to us as this experience was unacceptable to you.

I do hope you will continue to visit the Sheraton Reston and Westin Reston Heights in the coming months so you can join us to watch the Sheraton change and grow.
Thank you again for sharing with us, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Warm Regards,

Tony Besener

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very good hotel, great service, what you expect from Sheraton. Location is near Reston Town Center that has great restaurants, bars and shopping. The gym is small but well equiped. Wi fi is free in main lobby. Rooms are clean and modern.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
hong kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stay in this hotel as thats where we are lodged by the Company. Its certainly not by choice as there are far better Sheratons than this one. I find the rooms dank and dreary. There is a pervading smell of empty grey water drain pipes if the air conditioning is not on.

The room I had was on this occasion with a good view but the huge bed and very large room seemed to me to be oppullently unnecessary unless you are very large and require swinging room. The decor strikes me as being a bit dreary and depressing.

It is most certainly a business hotel with a large number of guests passing through.

Front desk is very helpful and knowledgeable. The Staff are very helpful and to me thats its saving grace.

The cold breakfast buffet is quite limited and if you have a cooked breakfast it is not in my opinion cheap. Although I didnt participate in a hot breakfast my colleagues did and it seemed fair enough.

There is a club room on the 6th Floor. I went in about 10 pm at night, it simply reeked of stale kitchen type odours.. I didnt hang around.

Room Tip: I have over the years stayed in three different rooms here at various levels and despite staying in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Marview,

Thank you for your review and being a loyal guest to Sheraton Reston. Your feedback is invaluable, I would like to address the points you have touched with my staff members to be able to improve our product and services.
We are currently in the process of replacing the A/C units in our rooms and we are planning to go over an overall renovation in our guest rooms and public space soon. I am sure afterwards you will be able to find the décor and furniture more appealing.
Please contact me for your next trip to Reston area and I will be able to assist you with your accommodations to make sure we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Warm regards,

Tony Besener
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

After spending 14 days at the Sheraton Reston I felt so comforted. The hotel representatives, Amine Elhanchaoui and Jesse Paige, greeted and assisted our group of over 50 guests. As a host of a leadership training session it was extremely important to have such wonderful treatment from the hotel staff. When we needed something...we were accomodated. Our shuttle services to our meeting site were taken care of by Meri and Cid at various times. Each greeted our group with a smile, a welcome, and care for our needs. The point of our stay was to learn and network and in the end our group had formed positive relationships with the aforementioned hotel staff memebers. Considering the stay was 2 weeks...the professionalism, expert interpersonal ability and hospitality of Amine and Jesse, Meri and Cid remained consistent during the entire stay. That alone speaks volumes in terms of excellence!!! The staff, service, and hospitality is exemplary and I appreciate everyone at this particular Sheraton. The rooms are immaculate, the dining is lovely, and the meeting areas are suited to fit so many needs. Not to mention the powerful wifi! Not one problem of which to speak over 2 weeks. Thank you gentlemen for your attention to every detail. Great cookie too!!

Room Tip: Our group stayed in over 50 different rooms....so any room is fabulous!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After getting hung up in Detroit for 5 extra hours in the late evening, arrived at Dulles too late to make our connecting flight. By the time everything was sorted out and United Airlines had agreed to comp a hotel stay at this Sheraton, it was 1:30 AM! My wife and I were tired, disgusted with United, and just primed to go off on the Sheraton people simply because United had chosen them and we just expected more of the same bad service that United had provided. Instead, we met Sheraton's shuttle, and within a few minutes, we were totally at ease! The shuttle duo were great, and when we arrived at the hotel about 2 AM, we were greeted like old friends, checked in efficiently, and sent off to a room with a totally awesome bed! The only bad part about the whole Sheraton experience was that we had to meet their shuttle again at 6:30 AM in order to be back at Dulles in time to make our next flight! And even that wasn't as bad as it might have been, only only a few hours sleep, because the same staff that brought us in from Dulles, took us back to Dulles! Just can't say enough about the quality of that night staff! They were just what we needed, when we needed it!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed for three days while on business in DC after finding a great price on a club room. We found out when we checked in that the great price was due to renovation (new air conditioners I think) being completed on the club floor(s) and we actually were not on a club floor. Nevertheless, our room was fine, clean and comfortable and looked out over the huge outdoor pool which is a definite highlight of this hotel (although you do hear the noise of air conditioners as the hotel wraps around the entire pool.) My only word of caution about the room is that like many (most?) of the rooms in the hotel it had a shared connecting door to the room next door - something I am not a fan of. And in this case one night we had smokers next door to us so the smoke came through and the next night a family with very excited screaming kids. The good news, in both cases, when we contacted the front desk, they were very quick to respond and the issues were taken care of. I found the staff to be very helpful and responsive throughout our time.

We were able to access the Sheraton Club for complimentary breakfast but the actual club space is very small - two tables, a couch and several other chairs. If there were more than 7 people in the room it was uncomfortable - perhaps there is another club that we didn't find.

So all in all, for the price we had not complaints. Good service...oh and a wonderful pool!

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a connecting door.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Needed a room for one night close to Dulles. Price shopped top five and chose Sheraton. Checkin was easy and the staff was as friendly as I would hope for. That's where I'd say my experience took a turn for the worse. On entering my room, based on previous travel experiences I first pulled back sheets for inspection. I was extremely upset to have several visible stains that even made housestaff cringe when pointed out. Front desk did send someone up immediately and she apologized, but it made me wary. Then I chose to eat on prem when I should have taken time to research and visit any one of the many restaurants close by. My $32 steak was awful. Burnt outside, rare almost raw inside (I'd requested med-well). My waiter was hardly ever around to complain. It was a $10 steak at best well overpriced. My last impression came at checkout. Even though I was pre-checked, I chose to go to the front desk and share my thoughts on bedding and meals to the manager. The fellow there barely spoke english, and after I said twice I'd like to discuss these, he handed me a pad of paper and pencil. No clue and no understanding of the simple request - can I talk to the manager? So I chose to write three very brief sentences to give the manager a chance in all fairness to know they had a very unhappy customer. If you must go there, I would agree with previous reviewers on convenience by proximity to Dulles. Perhaps the breakfast is good- but I'd already had my fill of the local fare. Otherwise, I might consider another place.

Room Tip: Check sheets Dine off-prem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
John R, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at The Sheraton Reston Hotel. I was disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations. I have shared your comments regarding the cleanliness of the room with our housekeeping team. It is our goal to provide a warm welcome and to continue that feeling throughout your stay and I apologize that we failed to do so. In the event you would like to further discuss your visit, please contact me directly at 703.620.9000

Warm regards,
John Robinson

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!