“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Reston
Reston, Virginia
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

This was by far the most professional, customer oriented sales group I have ever encountered. I was a little hesitant to use the hotel for our meeting after I read some of the reviews online, but from the first day my experience was nothing short of great. There was small glitch with their printer, which they took care of immediately. I would highly recommend this hotel and its sales staff for your next meeting. Kudos to Marcy and her team

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
rshorter, General Manager at Sheraton Reston Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for your visit and comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and found our location ideal and staff so friendly and helpful. Macy and our entire Sales team are invaluable to the success of our hotels and they are always available to ensure all of your group needs are met. We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I've stayed here twice over the last four months and I have to say that it is definitely one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Both times I found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable and the room service is actually really good. I stay in hotels quite often so I can generally see the flaws pretty quickly and at the Sheraton in Reston, there really are not many flaws to be found. I've taken advantage of the airport shuttle both times I've stayed here as well which is a great perk. On the way back from the last trip, my husband and I were planning on catching the shuttle back to the Sheraton because our car was parked there from the last time we had stayed before our trip. There happened to be too many people going to the hotel for everyone to fit on the shuttle so the driver told us to catch a taxi and the hotel would reimburse us. I was a little skeptical at first but once we got to the hotel, the front desk attendant gave us cash back for our taxi ride! I will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your visit and comments and glad you enjoyed your stay. Our shuttle service is very popular and our guests appreciate the comfort and complimentary transportation. Please accept our apologies that you were inconvenient, I'm glad that our staff was able to swiftly recover. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in future.

Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Just returned from Northern Virginia where we stayed at the Sheraton in Reston. From the minute we arrived we were warmly greeted by Jessica at the front desk. Everything was in order and we were in our rooms. The rooms were very clean and nicely appointed. The bed was so cofortable and the room was so quiet that we actually overslept! We traveled with my mother-in-law, who is elderly, and they were able to provide us adjoining rooms which made our stay even more convenient. Convenient shopping and being close to Dulles airport was a bonus. I highly recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and for your visit. We are delighted you found the hotel and accommodations to your liking and hope to see you back again in future.

Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Spent 2 nights here and found the facility to be OK. The room had water stains on the ceiling which a little bit of pain could have really freshened up the place. I do want to say that the in property restaurant Syrah was excellent. Had dinner & breakfast twice - excelllent food and service. Front desk staff was very helpful and a free shuttle to nearby locations is awesome!

Room Tip: Request a higher floor - the rooms have small balconies and the potential for access from the exteri...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your visit with us and for your comments regarding the water stain on your guestroom ceiling. We pride ourselves with maintaining our hotel and we apologize that this detail was overlooked. Our Engineering teams are actively working to ensure these small details will not be overlooked in the future. Thank you again for your stay and feedback, we are looking forward to ensuring your next visit with us will be made perfect.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I was placed here by UAL for the night after an involuntary bump. So, I was not in a great mood. I'm SPG Gold though, so I figured I'd at least get a decent room.

I was placed on the club floor. The toilet in my room had not been cleaned (the last use was still there) and I found the sheets on the bed "clean" but stained. The club lounge was not particularly well stocked. The restaurant was closed.

The most upsetting part is that the airport shuttle in the morning was full 10+ minutes before departure time and I had to fight to get timely airport transport. My flight was of no concern. I was 8 miles from IAD!

Even the Starwood executive office couldn't get full follow-up to the issues I brought forward. I love Starwood - this property should probably lose the Sheraton moniker.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you were disappointed with your visit. While we freely admit that shuttle service is very popular for our guests, the cleanliness faults in housekeeping are unacceptable and I will review this with our team. We are one of the most popular destinations in the Dulles/Reston area for accommodating distress passengers. On average we accommodate hundreds monthly. I again apologize for not meeting your expectations. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton as I have in the past on my previous trips here. The staff is very kind and helpful from the housekeepers, maintenance, front desk, shuttle drivers, restaurant staff and the marketing manager who was especially kind and helpful. It is staff like this that made my vacation pleasant and enjoyable and keep me continually returning. The rooms are very nice and those beds are awesome. It was really a VIP experience, and I felt really special as being recognized as guest VIP of the day. Contine with the great hospitality, looking forward to my nest stay!!!!!!

Room Tip: Evey room that I have been in thus far has been good.
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

The staff was so very kind and the hotel stay was very nice. The staff customer service is above and beyond. Look forward to returning. This is the only hotel I will stay in when I am in that area. My room was very clean, and no smell of smoke. The staff could not do enough to ensure our stay was a memorable one. Can't wait to return.

Thanks Staff, keep up the great work!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side have plenty of nice sun shine, a nice view of the pool.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Reston Hotel? Share your experiences!