“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

Save Saved
You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Reston
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at this place due to close proximity to Dulles airport as we had an early morning flight. The hotel was nice with all the facilities available in the Westin's across the globe. Staff were nice and courteous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Subch,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Reston Heights! We are thrilled to hear that you had an awesome experience with our facilities and the service of our friendly staff. Thank you for your feedback and our team is thankful as well.

We look forward to having you again in the near future

Be well.

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Awesome place. Great pool / fitness center / lobby & restaurant. SPG lives true to its brand. The rooms were nice, and oh! the heavenly beds. Just can't get enough out of your stay.
Cons: No attractions in walkable distance.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you ankurspeaks, for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin.

We are delighted to hear that our many SPG only amenities like the Heavenly beds, Westin Workout, and Vinifera restaurant was awesome, we are also glad and honored that you were able to enjoy and feel the SPG brand while staying with us.

I will definitely share this with the staff and we look forward to having you’re here again in the near future.

Be Well
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Though I am a Starwood member, I did book through priceline and was pleased to try a new hotel in the Dulles area. I asked for an early arrival and was given one by Geneva. She also upgraded my room to a wonderful suite with a deck. Also to my surprise was some wonderful fresh fruit and chilled water. I loved my room and it was great to have coffee and watch the sun rise on my deck!

I loved the bites in the restaurant giving you a variety of healthful yummy choices and perfect for my appetite.

My housekeeper was fast, efficient and my room looked perfect.

Gorgeous guests dressed for a weeding but it was so quiet and peaceful! Close to a few restaurants you can walk to as well!

Great stay, super service and I felt prices were competitive with their quality!

Internet service was great and everything about my stay was perfect!

Room Tip: I loved my room with a deck, fresh air is always positive!
Green Features: They do a great job, I always recommend no plastic cups. Happy when there are glasses
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Sunnynlajolla,

We are happy to receive your thoughts on your stay with us recently and thank you for your feedback it is an honor to be the Westin that provided you with the best stay ever and excellent service to match. It is pleasant to read that you received excellent service from our front desk agent Geneva and that you were able to indulge in all that the Westin has to offer.

We thank you again and hope to have you here again so we can rejuvenate your experience once again.

Safe Travels
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a date night recently, purchasing a bed and breakfast package directly from the hotel's website which included (supposedly) breakfast for two. At breakfast, my wife ordered eggs, toast, coffee. I ordered an omelet, toast, coffee. When the bill came, we were told that our "breakfast package" was for $13/person, and that we would need to pay $11 extra for our breakfasts. My issue isn't the $11. My issue is that when a hotel offers a "bed and breakfast" package for 2, it should cover breakfast for two. It is that simple. We will be returning to the other 4-star hotels in the area for our future date nights.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear David C,

I would like to thank you for providing us with the feedback about your recent stay at the Westin Reston Heights hotel. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. It is our goal to ensure the most comfortable and pleasant stay at the Westin, and I apologizes we did not meet those expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

I would like to thank you once again for providing us with your feedback and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced and we hope to have you on your next visit to Reston so we can ensure your expectations are met.

Be Well
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here for a local meeting. Location is great, near Dulles and shopping. The restaurant, Vinifera, is quite lovely, especially the outdoor seating, with excellent food and fantastic, friendly service, and priced typically for a Westin. For breakfast, paying close to $20 for 2 scrambled eggs and a bowl of fruit just seemed high, but that's, again, typical for the area and a Westin. The room was quite comfortable - gotta love that Westin Heavenly Bed! However, the front desk personnel presented a mixed bag on service while I was there. Some were extremely attentive and helpful. Others presented a cooler-than-thou vibe that made it feel like being friendly was an imposition to them. Upon check out, I questioned a room service charge, first with a front desk clerk who was so busy with an internal staff phone call that he couldn't even speak to me (take care of the customer in front of you first is usually the rule). So, he called in someone else and after some research, it became evident that the room service menus in the rooms were different from what they charged -- my menu had lower prices. I pointed this out, the woman shrugged and said, "I thought those menus were corrected." No apology, no acknowledgement of why I might be confused or upset, just a statement. When she saw that wasn't a good response, she offered to have the manager call. That was a week ago - of course, no call. They could have apologized and I would have been happy. They could have given me a $4 credit and I would have been happy. They did neither...so I would say that their attention to customer service needs a bit of improvement in that department.

Green Features: Get $5 credit or 500 Starpoints if you opt out of housekeeping. I would have rather had the points, but didn't get a choice. Nice program, well done.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear RinconTraveler

Thank you for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we are happy to hear that you able to enjoy our restaurant Vinifera and all it has to offer. We are also glad to read that our rooms meet your expectations. I truly apologize that during your visit that you did not receive a consistent level of customer service. Please accept our sincerest apologies; I hope we will get a chance to prove to you that we can exceed your expectations and deliver great service that will make you feel at home and with care.

Safe travels
San Anselmo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Traveled here for business. Close to Dulles. Nice people at the front desk. Good shuttle service to the local office park. The wine bar was a good place to meet for a conversation.

The Internet connection was expensive and dropped connection constantly. I could not use my iPhone as a hot spot. I worked late and could not get room service despite the menu claiming to provide late night options after 11 pm. There is literally NOTHING in the area in walking distance, so you are stuck at the hotel and out of luck. If housekeeping cleaned my room in three nights, I saw no evidence of it. They charge premium rates and charge your card in advance of the stay with no cancellation options.

It's an OK experience with some nice features, but not worth the premium and headaches.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you BobFitz2012, for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and great experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that our staff was nice and meet your expectations, we are also glad that you able to enjoy the great ambiance that our restaurant Vinifera has to offer.

I do apologize that the room cleanliness and internet service did not meet your expectations. I will share this with the staff and we hope to have you here again in the near future.
lb,il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We recently stayed at the Reston Westin and frankly thought the only reason for the hefty price was proximity to DC. First, the pluses. The front desk personnel in general were helpful . This was particularly true for Alexis who was unfailingly pleasant and helpful from the moment we checked in until we left the next day. Also, the self parking is reasonable and a shared hotel shuttle is provided to the town center where there are decent restaurants. As for the negatives our room was dark without much of a view. The halls were dark as well. The air conditioning unit seemed directed at one bed more than the other. We had breakfast in the restaurant in the morning and while the hostess was pleasant the wait staff which at times seemed to disappear gave the impression that any request was a bother. As for the quality of the omelet and hash browns I would rate them on par with many fast food places, but of course at a much higher price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear chr_8

We are happy to receive your thoughts on your stay with us recently and thank you for taking your time out to write us. It is pleasant to read that you received excellent service from the front desk agent Alexis during your stay. We are honored that she was a part of making your stay pleasant and exceeded your expectations..
We do work very hard to provide exceptional service to each guest during their stay and are excited that she is achieving just that. I do apologize that the room conditions and our restaurant Vinifera did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve those areas of service and meet your expectations

We look forward to having you here again at the Westin.

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!