“Very nice, but does lack in a couple areas” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

Save Saved
You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Reston
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very nice, but does lack in a couple areas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I booked this hotel on Priceline for a portion of the Memorial Day weekend. The staff was very friendly, the room was great. Parking garage was okay, but a bit of a squeeze for a full size truck. About a 20-30 minute drive to the Capital depending on traffic.

Restaurant was a bit overpriced. Surrounding restaurants were very limited.

Not exactly pet friendly. Sure your pet can stay with you, but their policy states you can't leave the pet in the room at all without someone attending to it. Of course if you intend to take care of a business meeting, or tour around DC, this probably isn't going to work out. I have a well behaved dog and took the chance leaving him in the room. If your dog isn't absolutely stellar when you are gone, I highly suggest NOT doing what I did.

For the price, the hotel doesn't seem to offer the quality it should. I'm sitting in a Holiday Inn writing this review that is just as nice in the room and cost me about 1/3rd of what the Westin did.

The bed was surprisingly stiff. And one personal peeve of mine, they use flat bottom sheets on the bed. I HATE flat bottom sheets. Such a high dollar place should spring the money and time to use fitted sheets. I despise waking up in the morning after moving around at night and find that I am laying on a bare mattress or mattress pad. Gross.

Overall, it is a nice place, but I don't think I will be booking one again.

Green Features: They do offer a $5 gift card for each day that you skip housekeeping good for use in the restaurant in the building. Almost makes it worth eating there and it does do a little good for the environment.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Jeremiah T

Thank you for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that our staff was very friendly and that the room was great. I do apologize that the heavenly bed did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will reconsider visiting us again and we wish you safe travels.

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Overall a nice hotel. Seemed to be a lot of business people staying there. I've heard the patio is really nice during the summer, but they hadn't opened it yet when I was there. Not much in the area but close to the Reston Town Center and they have a free shuttle, but I didn't use it.

Pros:
-Fast check-in and check-out
-Booked a romantic package with wine and strawberries which was cheaper than just the room itself
-Breakfast was ok, nothing great
-Mostly quiet room
-Nice variety of wine in the bar
-Plenty of free parking
-Room was clean

Cons:
-Called front desk and it just rang and rang. Gave up and called 5 minutes later and someone picked up quickly.
-No happy hour in the bar, even though the website mentioned they had a happy hour
-Internet cost - this really bugs me and almost caused me to not book the hotel
-Intermittent fan noise in room (we were in a corner room and I asked for a quiet room)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RoamRoam,

Thank you for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that that overall your stay was nice and you were able to enjoy your romantic getaway with our many amenities and wine selection. We are also glad that the check-in and location of your room met your expectations. I do apologize that you experienced problems with the internet and that our customer service did not meet your expectations.Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

We hope you will visit us again and safe travels.
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights. Hotel is fine except that the wifi authentication doesn't support Apple devices properly. It worked fine for my Windows laptop, but both myself and my colleague found that it would not connect properly to our iPhones. With several tries and lots of playing around with various settings it would eventually connect; however every time we left the hotel it would disconnect and you would need to start the convoluted process all over again.

Very frustrating - the authentication process seems very old-school... likely because they are still trying to charge $12/day for wifi for some guests. I wouldn't recommend the hotel if you have an iPhone or iPad and hope to connect to wifi.

Also don't follow their recommended 5-mile running route, as it takes you along side a busy 4-lane road with only intermittent sidewalks. You are better to makeup your own route.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear canucksenator

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Reston Heights! We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us and consider it a gem. I do apologize that you experienced many problems with the WiFi connections and we will be addressing these problems that you encountered while staying with us so that it is not a reoccurring issue.
I hope that you will choose us when staying in Reston again so we can provide you with an experience to be expected from a Westin.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I recently had a two night stay at the Westin in Reston Heights. I have stayed here twice before- the first time being a few years ago when the hotel was brand new. It now has a slightly worn look. My room was relatively large and comfortable but the bath faucet would not shut off completely, and drip, drip, dripped continuously. The Vinifera restaurant is a standout! I would eat there again. The hotel's location is OK (if one has a car, which I did not) but it is not as convenient as being at the Reston Town Center (e.g. at the Hyatt). There is pretty much nothing to do in the area where the Westin is located - no shops or coffee bars near the hotel. There is a shuttle van that takes guest free of charge to the Reston Town Center, but the wait for an available van can be long. It is possible to walk to the Town Center if you like a moderate walk but I would not do it alone at night.

Green Features: I loved the fact that there is a rebate if one does not have the room serviced. A great policy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you Travelfan48105, for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that you chose to stay with us again, we are also glad that you able to dine in our restaurant Vinifera and indulge in the great menu items they have to offer. Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again.
Be Well and safe travels
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was my second stay and the stay was just as good as the first. The staff was very helpful and the room was very clean, I had no issue's and loved the room cleanliness and the only issue I had was the phone, but that was out of the hotels hands they were working hard to fix. Food from the restaurant was delicious and I would probably recommend anyone to stay here worth a stay. Love the fact that parking is covered as well.

Room Tip: Get a high floor and you may get a better view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you bigblack416, for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that your second stay measured up to the first one, we are also glad that you able to dine in our restaurant Vinifera and indulge in the great food and wine selections they have to offer. It is pleasant to see that the service we provided was beyond expectations and that our staff encourages you to spread the news about the Westin in Reston Heights.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed there for three nights in April 2014. Unfriendly breakfast and front desk service. Hotels lacks warmth. I have no desire to stay there again in the future. A friendly service could go a long way. Maybe too much to ask in the corporate world.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Bernard A,
I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding your visit to the Westin Reston Heights. It is my expectation that the hotel provide a high level of consistent service to allow our guests to be at their best while traveling including our loyal guest as you are. A friendly service staff and a comfortable atmosphere are a hotel basics and I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I can assure you that this level of service is not a common practice. Please contact us the next time you are in the Reston area, I would like the opportunity to prove this is true.
Once again I truly apologize for this experience and we will definitely be addressing the deficiencies that you experienced.

Be well,
Virginia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Westin in Reston Heights. This was my third time at this location. This is a fairly new property so the interior still looks new and modern, despite being several years old. The location is convenient as it is less than 5 minutes from the Dulles Toll road (Reston Parkway) exit. Considering the Hyatt at Reston Town center commands much higher room rate, i think this Westin is a bargain. One drawback of this hotel is that there is only one restaurant. If you are staying here for more than 2 days, the menu can get old. The gym and pool meet your expectations as with any other Westin hotels. However, I found their service to be the weakest point. The staff here are less than well trained, in comparison with other Westin hotels. They are not particularly good with greeting clients, let alone recognizing frequent travelers such as SPG's elite members. During my recent stay, the hotel staff did nothing to ask me about my preferences at the time of check-in, nor do they even recognize my elite status. My check out experience was the same. They never asked me how my stay was. All they did was simply print out a bill and hand it over to me. The hotel has so much potential to be a real nice one, due to its modern facilities and good location, But the service does not meet even the Westin standard. So if you lower your expectations on their service, you will feel quite satisfied with the hotel and the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Brain R

I would like to thank you for providing us with the feedback about your recent stay at the Westin Reston Heights hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lapse in the customer service and giving that personal touch to make you feel welcomed during your check-in and throughout your stay with us. It is our goal to ensure that all, our guest receive the most comfortable and memorable stay at the Westin, and I apologizes we did not meet those expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have you on your next visit to Reston so we can ensure your expectations are met.

Be Well

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!