“Wifi doesn't work for Apple devices” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

Save Saved
You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Reston
Ottawa, Canada
“Wifi doesn't work for Apple devices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights. Hotel is fine except that the wifi authentication doesn't support Apple devices properly. It worked fine for my Windows laptop, but both myself and my colleague found that it would not connect properly to our iPhones. With several tries and lots of playing around with various settings it would eventually connect; however every time we left the hotel it would disconnect and you would need to start the convoluted process all over again.

Very frustrating - the authentication process seems very old-school... likely because they are still trying to charge $12/day for wifi for some guests. I wouldn't recommend the hotel if you have an iPhone or iPad and hope to connect to wifi.

Also don't follow their recommended 5-mile running route, as it takes you along side a busy 4-lane road with only intermittent sidewalks. You are better to makeup your own route.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear canucksenator

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Reston Heights! We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us and consider it a gem. I do apologize that you experienced many problems with the WiFi connections and we will be addressing these problems that you encountered while staying with us so that it is not a reoccurring issue.
I hope that you will choose us when staying in Reston again so we can provide you with an experience to be expected from a Westin.

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I recently had a two night stay at the Westin in Reston Heights. I have stayed here twice before- the first time being a few years ago when the hotel was brand new. It now has a slightly worn look. My room was relatively large and comfortable but the bath faucet would not shut off completely, and drip, drip, dripped continuously. The Vinifera restaurant is a standout! I would eat there again. The hotel's location is OK (if one has a car, which I did not) but it is not as convenient as being at the Reston Town Center (e.g. at the Hyatt). There is pretty much nothing to do in the area where the Westin is located - no shops or coffee bars near the hotel. There is a shuttle van that takes guest free of charge to the Reston Town Center, but the wait for an available van can be long. It is possible to walk to the Town Center if you like a moderate walk but I would not do it alone at night.

Green Features: I loved the fact that there is a rebate if one does not have the room serviced. A great policy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you Travelfan48105, for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that you chose to stay with us again, we are also glad that you able to dine in our restaurant Vinifera and indulge in the great menu items they have to offer. Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again.
Be Well and safe travels
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was my second stay and the stay was just as good as the first. The staff was very helpful and the room was very clean, I had no issue's and loved the room cleanliness and the only issue I had was the phone, but that was out of the hotels hands they were working hard to fix. Food from the restaurant was delicious and I would probably recommend anyone to stay here worth a stay. Love the fact that parking is covered as well.

Room Tip: Get a high floor and you may get a better view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you bigblack416, for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that your second stay measured up to the first one, we are also glad that you able to dine in our restaurant Vinifera and indulge in the great food and wine selections they have to offer. It is pleasant to see that the service we provided was beyond expectations and that our staff encourages you to spread the news about the Westin in Reston Heights.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed there for three nights in April 2014. Unfriendly breakfast and front desk service. Hotels lacks warmth. I have no desire to stay there again in the future. A friendly service could go a long way. Maybe too much to ask in the corporate world.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Bernard A,
I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding your visit to the Westin Reston Heights. It is my expectation that the hotel provide a high level of consistent service to allow our guests to be at their best while traveling including our loyal guest as you are. A friendly service staff and a comfortable atmosphere are a hotel basics and I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I can assure you that this level of service is not a common practice. Please contact us the next time you are in the Reston area, I would like the opportunity to prove this is true.
Once again I truly apologize for this experience and we will definitely be addressing the deficiencies that you experienced.

Be well,
Virginia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Westin in Reston Heights. This was my third time at this location. This is a fairly new property so the interior still looks new and modern, despite being several years old. The location is convenient as it is less than 5 minutes from the Dulles Toll road (Reston Parkway) exit. Considering the Hyatt at Reston Town center commands much higher room rate, i think this Westin is a bargain. One drawback of this hotel is that there is only one restaurant. If you are staying here for more than 2 days, the menu can get old. The gym and pool meet your expectations as with any other Westin hotels. However, I found their service to be the weakest point. The staff here are less than well trained, in comparison with other Westin hotels. They are not particularly good with greeting clients, let alone recognizing frequent travelers such as SPG's elite members. During my recent stay, the hotel staff did nothing to ask me about my preferences at the time of check-in, nor do they even recognize my elite status. My check out experience was the same. They never asked me how my stay was. All they did was simply print out a bill and hand it over to me. The hotel has so much potential to be a real nice one, due to its modern facilities and good location, But the service does not meet even the Westin standard. So if you lower your expectations on their service, you will feel quite satisfied with the hotel and the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Brain R

I would like to thank you for providing us with the feedback about your recent stay at the Westin Reston Heights hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lapse in the customer service and giving that personal touch to make you feel welcomed during your check-in and throughout your stay with us. It is our goal to ensure that all, our guest receive the most comfortable and memorable stay at the Westin, and I apologizes we did not meet those expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have you on your next visit to Reston so we can ensure your expectations are met.

Be Well
Wellesley, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times as our office is 10 mins away. Very clean and modern hotel with great service. Great bar and restaurant Also food for large parties.

I have had a had a few occasions where I had a personal "thank you" note in the room, with a plate of cheese, crackers and olives. Very nice touch!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Tummyrope, for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and great experiences while at the Westin. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the Vinifera Wine Bar and that you feel welcome by the thank you notes and amenities to show appreciation of your loyalty.

I will share this with the staff and we look forward to having you here again in the near future.

Safe Travels
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We got the room with a king size bed and balcony for a great price. The hotel looked very clean from what I can see, the bathroom is very big compared to other hotels. Shower was very clean and their shampoo, body wash, and conditioner smells soooo good. Free wifi available, and I saw there was an indoor pool and gym on the top floor. The only thing I was disappointed about is they don't offer complimentary breakfast, and I gave this review a VERY GOOD instead of an EXCELLENT because the refrigerator in our room wasn't working. Our stay was only for 3 days so we didn't complain about it. This hotel is about 30 mins from Washington DC (without traffic). There are plenty of eateries near by and even a shopping center. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for giving us your feedback we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that everything from our Westin Tea Scents to our many hotel amenities not only exceeded your expectations but that your expierence empowered you to recommend us to others. We look forward to having you here once more and to create another very enjoyable experience.

Safe travels

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!