“Westin Service at its Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

Save Saved
You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Reston
NYC
“Westin Service at its Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Service, service, service. When the people at a hotel are wonderfully pleasant and helpful it is hard to find anything to critique! To be clear, this Westin is not within (safe) walking distance of anything. You either need a car, or a car service otherwise you will feel a little isolated. Nevertheless, the isolation is worth the quiet and calming atmosphere of the hotel. I would think that this is the perfect place for a business traveler who will be working in Reston/Herndon for a few days. It's clean, elegant and very easy to luxuriate in. It is also all very well kept. That said, the one little negative we have is that there was mold or discoloration in the otherwise gorgeous shower. Clearly, it was not enough to cause us to get down on her hands and knees to examine more closely, and I have no doubt it was rectified after our departure (we took the option of not having maid service every night). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that our staff and the service they have provided was pleasant, and helpful, we are also glad that your hotel expiernce exceeded your expectatkions enough to return in the near future. I do apologize that the room cleaniless did not meet your expectation and I can assure you, this matter is being addressed so we may exceed all future guest expectations.

We look forward to having you again in the near future and safe travels to you as well.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dover, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I only stayed here for one evening but nothing went well. I arrived at 10pm after traveling for 2 straight days and ordered room service. 1) They were literally out of mostly everything I wanted 2) I was on hold for 15 minutes 3) When my food came 45 minutes later it was incorrect AND cold....the next morning I tried to get something for breakfast and was told that they "couldn't do ANYTHING in 5-10 minutes"...By the way, there is no sign for the Westin when you drive up the road so hopefully you don't get lost like I did. There are plenty of other hotels near Dulles I will stay at the next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John R, Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Exeter95,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback as it is the best tool that we have to improve our services. We pride ourselves on being an oasis for the weary traveler and I am very disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the poor experience that you had at our property. I hope to have you back as a guest so that we can provide a more positive experience and earn your loyalty.

Be well,
John Robinson
Rooms Division Manager
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I was so looking forward to our business meeting at the Capital Grill after hearing so much about it. Well, I was not disappointed at all. I chose the field greens salad which was tossed with the lightest dressing and topped with the heritage tomato. My Chilean Sea Bass was prepared in a interesting manner with a mushroom broth which was excellent. My friend picked the tuna, medium grilled. He was very satisfied with his choice also. We were both quite filled by our lunch picks. I must say the lemonade that I had as a beverage was by far the best that I have ever had.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, November 9, 2013

Thank you for giving us your feedback we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that our restaurant Vinifera exceeded your expectations and hope to have you here again dinning with us at the Vinifera.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A comfortable newish place to rest your weary head if you're doing business in the local area, especially if you can get a good rate.

Pros:
Location: 10 mins from Dulles International Airport. Complimentary shuttle pick-up and drop-off at the airport. At the baggage collection hall, head down the ramp, exit, cross the road and wait at 2A or 2H on the traffic island. You can pre-arrange pick-up/call the hotel after you arrive.

Lobby/check-in: Check-in was efficient. There's a nice lobby area with a fireplace, small convenience store and ATM. Access to floors with room card. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful.

Room: spacious, clean, extremely quiet despite facing freeway, very comfortable Westin signature King bed, modern bathroom with Westin signature power shower and bath products. Complimentary bottled water and Wifi if SPG member, but otherwise Wifi was $11.95/24hrs. Option for daily newspapers to be deducted from room charges. Small unstocked bar fridge for your use.

Cons:
Hotel is located in a business park area, and there are few local amenities within walking distance. A car is required to get around (lots of car parking space). Free shuttle service to the local Reston town center is provided.

Housekeeping:
Bathrobe and stationery were missing when I initially checked in. Housekeeping came around one day at 4pm when I was still in the room.

Vinifera:
Wine bar/restaurant on the ground floor. Service can be slow, especially if the restaurant is full and you're seated in the wine bar area where you tend to be ignored. Food is a bit hit-and-miss. Some dishes are great, but some are a bit too well done. One night I was told they'd run out of sparkling water! imagine that in a wine bar/restaurant!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelerMelbourne,

Thank you for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that our staff was excellent and efficient, we are also glad that our amenities such as the heavenly shower and bed exceeded your expectations. I do apologize that the restaurant did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again
Wall Township, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed at numerous hotels of the same calibre (Fairmont, Hyatt, etc.) and I have to say that this was one of the most DISAPPOINTING experiences that I have had. For the sake of brevity, I will summarize:

- I was given access to my room even though room service was in the middle of cleaning it; I had to wait 15 minutes (I wouldn't have had a problem if they communicated this to me at check-in BEFORE I grabbed my things to put into the room)
- When I finally used the card, it didn't work.
- Room service after 11:30 only served Pizza (their menu showed serving much more after those hours) and they told me it would take over an hour to get me the pizza because there were FIVE (that's right, only FIVE) pizza orders behind me.

I just finished visits at the Hyatt and Fairmont, and I can tell you that these aforementioned experiences WOULD NOT have occured with EITHER chains. Bottom line is that, based on what I spent and the name behind the hotel, I received service that I would expect from the Red Roof Inn; not a big deal if I was in a hotel comparabe to the Red Roof Inn, but a Westin!?

Bottom line, when I schedule my future trips this year, I will think twice before I book a room at a Westin.

Room Tip: you can find a better hotel for the value
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Boilerking2393,

Thank you for leaving your feedback. I sincerely apologize the service you received did not meet the service standards we aim to deliver at the Westin Reston Heights. Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you, this matter is being addressed so we may exceed all future guest expectations. I hope to have you back as a guest so that we can provide an experience more in line with what the Westin brand and the award winning Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro provide to our guests on a nightly basis.

Be Well
Jekyll Island, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'm a frequent flyer on Delta. Due to a problem with a flight, Delta put me up in a hotel. At first I was pleased to find that it was a Westin. After I checked int, I called the front desk to ask about using the internet. I was told to just log in and the charge would be reversed off my bill. Most hotels no longer charge for internet. When I checked out, I received a bill with no chrarges and a zero balance. Checking my credit a couple of days later, I found a charge from the hotel. I called the hotel and tried to explain the issue and was transferred to an answering machine. After not receiving a call back, I called again and finally talked to accounting who lectured me about their rules. Of course they were different than what the front desk told me. They wanted me to tell them who at the front desk told me that so they could check.

I had breakfast at the hotel. The food was okay but expensive. The service was poor. I could never get a second cup of coffee and had to ask for my credit card back.

Room Tip: Watch you credit card bill
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear dos7940,

I would like to thank you for providing us with the feedback about your recent stay at the Westin Reston Heights hotel. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced. It is our goal to ensure the most comfortable and pleasant stay at the Westin, and I apologizes we did not meet those expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

I would like to thank you once again for providing us with your feedback and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We hope to see you back soon.

Be Well
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have stayed here several times and it is always a good experience. the rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is efficient and friendly. Workout area is decent as well as the pool. Only downside is that there is no airport shuttle :(

Another note, there is a Chili's restaurant within walking distance as well as a decent convenience store. Reston town center is about 1 1/2 miles away, across the highway, so you could walk there too or take a short cab ride.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, October 19, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Reston Heights! We are delighted to hear that your stay was good and meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback and our team is thankful as well.

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!