“Excellent lunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

Save Saved
You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I was so looking forward to our business meeting at the Capital Grill after hearing so much about it. Well, I was not disappointed at all. I chose the field greens salad which was tossed with the lightest dressing and topped with the heritage tomato. My Chilean Sea Bass was prepared in a interesting manner with a mushroom broth which was excellent. My friend picked the tuna, medium grilled. He was very satisfied with his choice also. We were both quite filled by our lunch picks. I must say the lemonade that I had as a beverage was by far the best that I have ever had.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, November 9, 2013

Thank you for giving us your feedback we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that our restaurant Vinifera exceeded your expectations and hope to have you here again dinning with us at the Vinifera.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A comfortable newish place to rest your weary head if you're doing business in the local area, especially if you can get a good rate.

Pros:
Location: 10 mins from Dulles International Airport. Complimentary shuttle pick-up and drop-off at the airport. At the baggage collection hall, head down the ramp, exit, cross the road and wait at 2A or 2H on the traffic island. You can pre-arrange pick-up/call the hotel after you arrive.

Lobby/check-in: Check-in was efficient. There's a nice lobby area with a fireplace, small convenience store and ATM. Access to floors with room card. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful.

Room: spacious, clean, extremely quiet despite facing freeway, very comfortable Westin signature King bed, modern bathroom with Westin signature power shower and bath products. Complimentary bottled water and Wifi if SPG member, but otherwise Wifi was $11.95/24hrs. Option for daily newspapers to be deducted from room charges. Small unstocked bar fridge for your use.

Cons:
Hotel is located in a business park area, and there are few local amenities within walking distance. A car is required to get around (lots of car parking space). Free shuttle service to the local Reston town center is provided.

Housekeeping:
Bathrobe and stationery were missing when I initially checked in. Housekeeping came around one day at 4pm when I was still in the room.

Vinifera:
Wine bar/restaurant on the ground floor. Service can be slow, especially if the restaurant is full and you're seated in the wine bar area where you tend to be ignored. Food is a bit hit-and-miss. Some dishes are great, but some are a bit too well done. One night I was told they'd run out of sparkling water! imagine that in a wine bar/restaurant!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelerMelbourne,

Thank you for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that our staff was excellent and efficient, we are also glad that our amenities such as the heavenly shower and bed exceeded your expectations. I do apologize that the restaurant did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again
Wall Township, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed at numerous hotels of the same calibre (Fairmont, Hyatt, etc.) and I have to say that this was one of the most DISAPPOINTING experiences that I have had. For the sake of brevity, I will summarize:

- I was given access to my room even though room service was in the middle of cleaning it; I had to wait 15 minutes (I wouldn't have had a problem if they communicated this to me at check-in BEFORE I grabbed my things to put into the room)
- When I finally used the card, it didn't work.
- Room service after 11:30 only served Pizza (their menu showed serving much more after those hours) and they told me it would take over an hour to get me the pizza because there were FIVE (that's right, only FIVE) pizza orders behind me.

I just finished visits at the Hyatt and Fairmont, and I can tell you that these aforementioned experiences WOULD NOT have occured with EITHER chains. Bottom line is that, based on what I spent and the name behind the hotel, I received service that I would expect from the Red Roof Inn; not a big deal if I was in a hotel comparabe to the Red Roof Inn, but a Westin!?

Bottom line, when I schedule my future trips this year, I will think twice before I book a room at a Westin.

Room Tip: you can find a better hotel for the value
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Boilerking2393,

Thank you for leaving your feedback. I sincerely apologize the service you received did not meet the service standards we aim to deliver at the Westin Reston Heights. Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you, this matter is being addressed so we may exceed all future guest expectations. I hope to have you back as a guest so that we can provide an experience more in line with what the Westin brand and the award winning Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro provide to our guests on a nightly basis.

Be Well
Jekyll Island, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'm a frequent flyer on Delta. Due to a problem with a flight, Delta put me up in a hotel. At first I was pleased to find that it was a Westin. After I checked int, I called the front desk to ask about using the internet. I was told to just log in and the charge would be reversed off my bill. Most hotels no longer charge for internet. When I checked out, I received a bill with no chrarges and a zero balance. Checking my credit a couple of days later, I found a charge from the hotel. I called the hotel and tried to explain the issue and was transferred to an answering machine. After not receiving a call back, I called again and finally talked to accounting who lectured me about their rules. Of course they were different than what the front desk told me. They wanted me to tell them who at the front desk told me that so they could check.

I had breakfast at the hotel. The food was okay but expensive. The service was poor. I could never get a second cup of coffee and had to ask for my credit card back.

Room Tip: Watch you credit card bill
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear dos7940,

I would like to thank you for providing us with the feedback about your recent stay at the Westin Reston Heights hotel. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced. It is our goal to ensure the most comfortable and pleasant stay at the Westin, and I apologizes we did not meet those expectations. Your feedback will allow us to improve our service and meet your expectations.

I would like to thank you once again for providing us with your feedback and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We hope to see you back soon.

Be Well
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have stayed here several times and it is always a good experience. the rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is efficient and friendly. Workout area is decent as well as the pool. Only downside is that there is no airport shuttle :(

Another note, there is a Chili's restaurant within walking distance as well as a decent convenience store. Reston town center is about 1 1/2 miles away, across the highway, so you could walk there too or take a short cab ride.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, October 19, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Reston Heights! We are delighted to hear that your stay was good and meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback and our team is thankful as well.

We look forward to having you again in the near future and safe travels to you as well.
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is fine. But if you don't have a car, it's a long walk to get to anything - even a shop at a gas station. However, the restaurant has great food for a good price. And the staff are excellent - very helpful. Rooms are fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for giving us your feedback it is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience while at the Westin. We are delighted to hear that our staff is excellent and helpful, we are also glad that our restaurant Vinifera met your expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I'll get the downsides out of the way quickly. The wine is extremely overpriced (even by normal markup standards) and the food was simply OK. The location also left something to be desired, as it isn't within walking distance of much.

That being said, the quality of the stay was excellent. I had to call the hotel several times to work out a booking mixup (my travel dept's fault, not the hotel's) and each time was greeted with a friendly agent who helped clear things up. Once at the hotel my colleagues and I were greeted by smiles at the front counter; the staff got us situated quickly and helped us get our bearings around the hotel.

The room and everything inside is what I've come to expect from a Westin: clean & pressed sheets, very comfortable bed & pillows, bathroom with ample space, and the business staples (chair, desk, and lounge chair). The room was quiet, even though it was only about 30 feet away from the elevators. If you're not eating breakfast at the hotel they do offer you free coffee to-go (fresh, not the stuff in the room) at a station right near the hostess area.

Overall, very pleased. Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
KieranS366, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, October 11, 2013

We thank you for staying with us at the Westin and we greatly appreciate your feedback. It is a pleasure to read that your stay was excellent and that our service exceeded your expectations. I will share this with the rest of the team here and we will be delighted to have you here in the near future.

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!