“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I have clocked up a lot of nights here and have enjoyed everyone of them. The front desk staff are some of the best I have found anywhere in the world. To the point where I think they "carry" some of the other departments who are less efficient. Housekeeping is very poor. They fail to remove/change dirty glasses or replace missing laundry forms etc. i feel the room is never fully serviced during your stay.

The rooms are all very comfortable and I found it to be a "quiet hotel".

Bar - great, the Tapas style menu for the business traveller is excellent, allowing you to eat a little or a lot, depending how you feel. The wine goes without saying given the hotel has the best wine bar for miles around. Don't hesitate to ask the wait staff for advice, they are both knowledgable and friendly.

This is one of the best Westin's I know.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My best friend and I stayed at this hotel after our flights to Rio were cancelled and we couldn't have been happier! This hotel is gorgeous!!! After a long night in the airport, Alisher and Justin checked us in with a smile and made us laugh despite our sad situation. We unlocked the door to amazing clean and comfortable room! Thumbs Up! They knew our situation and were not bothered by the fact that we needed a late check out. They also gave us suggestions of shopping nearby and offered to hold our luggage! Upon check out, Michael and Mare gave us big smiles and informed us of the nearby festival! The hotel should feel lucky to have such great employees working for them! Amazing experience! If I'm ever in Reston again....this is where I'll be staying! :) thanks guys!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
North Port, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We booked on Hotwire without knowing the hotel and were definitely not disappointed. The hotel is about 30 minutes from DC but well worth the drive. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was great. The hot tub was a nice relaxing way to end those long days of trekking the DC sites. My only complaint would be the pillows. Usually upscale hotels have a variety of pillows on the bed so guests can choose one that suits their sleeping preference. All of these were the same and all were flat. Overall though, we had a terrific stay at the Westin.

Room Tip: They have a floor for Starwood Preferred Guests. It was very quiet and close to the gym, pool, and h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Service was lacking at this Westin. I had several colleagues at the bar area where we ordered 3 very expensive bottles of champagne and the service people were very rude. Even my colleagues who never complain about bad service, complained about this.

At another instance in the restaurant, I tried to get seated, and they kept me waiting while they seated other businessmen.

The housekeeping s taff was also not up to snuff. They hardly cleaned my room, and when I called they said they had no one at housekeeping available to help.

At a minimum, I think they need to replace the restaurant staff. Even as a platinum member, I'd stay at a non starwood property, rather than coming back to this hotel.

John R, Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Texan123Austin,

Thank you for leaving your feedback. I sincerely apologize the service you received did not meet the service standards we aim to deliver at the Westin Reston Heights. Your loyalty as a Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest is very important to us. I can assure you, this matter is being addressed so we may exceed all future guest expectations. I hope to have you back as a guest so that we can provide an experience more in line with what the Westin brand and the award winning Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro provide to our guests on a nightly basis. If there is anything I can do, please reach out to me directly at 703-234-3506.

Be well,
John Robinson
Rooms Division Manager
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

First of all, this wasn't by choice. I missed a flight during the FAA/ATC/Gov't debacle. (First flight late, connection on time -- Beautiful!! Figures the flights in the DC area would be on time.) Anyway, I picked the Westin for my overnight stay and, let me tell you, this hotel is a beaut! The stone/marble work in the lobby, the fireplace, the overall look is top notch. The location is great because it's not in the middle of the DC mess. The exterior , especially at night, is amazing. Any wife would love to have you walk her up to this place for a stay. I didn't get to eat at the restaurant, so I don't have an opinion there. The room...hard to say just how good a job they did with it. Everything from the marble work to the exquisite bathroom to the bed to the nice size flat screen TV to everything else -- even the soap was exquisite. Justin at the front counter was great and the shuttle service (though I wish it ran more than every 30 minutes) did a great job helping me through a very stressful situation.

The down side: You pay for everything. I guess if you have a high scale, "a la carte" mentality, then it's fine. I'm used to the Holiday in Suites where breakfast and internet are included. I almost felt like I was going to see number of toilet flushes on my bill.(smile) A little dramatic, but I would say this is typical for the nicer hotels. You find out real quick how important your internet access is if you don't have a smartphone. The fridge isn't even an option. $1 for the water wasn't bad, but still. (I did call to see if use of the coffee maker, which came with Starbucks pouches, was free and it was.) One other thing I liked was they had a runner's route card at the desk, so I could have gotten in a run if I had time. A little thing for the less inclined, but I found it a nice touch.

All in all, it was exactly what I would expect from Westin.

John R, Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Gadget 665,

Thank you for the positive review! Our property prides itself in accommodating travel delays and I am happy to hear our services met your expectations. The modern aesthetics, the white tea scents and bath amenities, and the Heavenly products are what distinguish the Westin brand. As you mentioned, the quiet location of our Reston Heights property is a complimentary shuttle-ride away from Reston Town Center and Dulles Airport and just 30 minutes outside of Washington D.C. Although our rooms include a cooler, we do provide refrigerators, as well as a variety of additional items, upon request. We hope you choose to stay with us again to experience the award-winning Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro and our running routes!

Be well,
John Robinson
Rooms Division Manager
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently had a 7 night stay, whilst Attending ACR courses. The hotel is conveniently located, close to the ACR and Dulles Airport. There is a free Hotel shuttle from the airport and from the Hotel to Reston town centre. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and clean. The staff is very helpful and knowledgable. The gym and pool, located at the top floor, have a lovely view. The WiFi is fast and reliable. Reston is located about 45km from downtown Washington, so I would not recommend this hotel if your purpose is to visit DC.

Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed for 1 night, April 12-13. Reserved one room through Airport Accomodations at the nightly rate of $80 USD. We had missed a connecting flight at Washington Dulles International Airport, so we were given a central hotel contact for "distressed passengers". At the airport, we looked at TripAdvisor reviews and chose the Westin since it was the top-rated hotel in the area and it offered a free airport shuttle.

Check-in was smooth, and there were generally two or three clerks at the front desk (although only one at check-out). They were helpful in understanding our situation and provided us with free toiletries (toothbrushes and toothpaste) since we didn't have our checked baggage with us. The lobby is very sleek with modern furnishings.

Our room (329) had a firm king bed, lounge chair, dresser, HD TV and a desk. There was also a single-cup coffee maker and two bottles of water (but only one was complimentary). The bathroom continued the modern design with a granite countertop and a "heavenly shower" with two shower heads instead of just one.

We needed to get Internet access to update our travel plans, so we opted to pay the $11.95 daily fee for in-room Internet service. I always find it odd that upscale hotels charge for what is becoming a basic amenity, but it is something that I can live with.

The pool and fitness center are located on the penthouse level. I was impressed that the pool and hot tub were always supervised by a lifeguard, and the fitness center had plenty of machines (four treadmills plus an assortment of steppers and stationery bikes) and a mini-fridge of cold towels.

My favorite amenity was the complimentary shuttle. It served not only the airport and the Reston Town Center (great place to find a nice restaurant or bar) but anywhere within a two-mile radius. That allowed us to make a stop at Target (12197 Sunset Hills Road) to pick up a phone charger and other essentials.

Despite the fact that there is not much around the hotel (a 7-Eleven convenience store was the only recognizable place), our unplanned stay at the Westin helped put us at ease despite our travel difficulties.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!