“Quiet, clean, convient stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Biddeford, Maine
“Quiet, clean, convient stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Westin Reston Heights was a very nice clean hotel to stay for our recent trip to the Reston/DC area. They offer a complementary shuttle to the Reston Town Center which is great for doing some shopping or getting some dinner and drinks. They have a good sized gym, pool and hot tub upstairs that was great for adults and children alike. The hotel is a 15 min drive from the Vienna Metro station that can quickly get you directly into the city and in 2013 a Reston Metro station will be opening making this hotel even more convenient to get into DC. That staff was friendly and the hotel was clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on parking lot side are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ithaca NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We drove a little farther to get a good deal on a 4-star hotel. Worthwhile despite glitches such as a room key that didn't work (twice), slow registration for (paid) Internet, and a low-level on/off whirring noise that was distracting during quiet times. Good service, clean, free parking, penthouse pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
John R, Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Lmc7lmc7,

Thank you, we are glad to hear the extra drive was worth it! The Westin Reston Heights team strives to provide excellent service and features such as the pool and Westin workout on the penthouse, Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro, and our complimentary parking and local shuttles. I do apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Your feedback will allow us to ensure future guest’s expectations are exceeded. We hope you will return and give us the opportunity to reserve you a relaxing room!

Be well,
John Robinson
Rooms Division Manager
Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property twice for business in the months of February and March 2013. It's a very clean and well maintained property. The service is friendly, professional, and what you would expect at a Starwood property. I have not unfortunately had an opportunity to visit the hotel restaurant but my colleagues who have stayed here and did said their meals were wonderful. My only tiny complaint is that parking is confusing. If you self park as I do note the garage is around and down behind the building. If you pull up to the front door you need to pull back out and go around behind. It's somewhat tricky to find. However, this is a great property and I recommend a stay to anyone in the Reston area.

• Stayed March 2013
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Simple: comfortable room, decent view, everything the way I like it. The work area - desk, chair - is of a good size, and arranged conveniently. The shower is wonderful (this room only has a large stall shower, which suits me perfectly). I'd definitely stay here again. I'll review the restaurant separately.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room. The view is of the other buildings around, but still worthwhile.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I wish I could give this hotel 3.5 stars bc I don't feel the service here warrants a full four stars. We stay here almost weekly and each time we check in something goes wrong. On the last visit the door to our room didn't lock. On the visit before it took a good 30 minutes to get towels brought to the room and I believe last month the heat wasn't working properly. Unfortunately there aren't too many hotel options in Reston so the Westin will have to do for now. I have stayed at many Westins throughout the US and this one falls just short of the others. I'm hoping they can work out the kinks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
John R, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Terpen t,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on previous visits. The service you describe is not consistent with the experience we aim to deliver to all of our guests. Our team takes great pride in delivering exceptional experiences and with your feedback we can adjust how we operate. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you the level of service we hold ourselves to, please feel free to reach out to us directly if there is anything we can do.

Be well,
John
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Tucked away in a quiet area of Reston is the excellent and very comfortable Westin. The hotel was extremely quiet and modern. The king room was standard size and the bathroom was huge. The penthouse heated pool, whirlpool, and gym was an added bonus. Also, we enjoyed the free parking in the underground garage. The only downside to the Westin is the WiFi is not free. Hotwire is the way to go for great deals on four star hotels.

los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The purpose of this note is to commend Mr. Michael McCoy for his excellent service he provided to my wife and me during our stay at the Westin this past week. We arrived a day late due to plane delay and asked for a quiet room. I was so impressed by the support and service provided by Michael that I felt compelled to go on record with my praise. Employees like these truly deserve recognition. In an era where exceptional one-to-one customer service excellence has virtually disappeared from our society, the professional help provided by Mr. McCoy should be held up as an example for others to try to emulate.
In closing, I believe that Mr. McCoy truly deserves to be congratulated and rewarded for providing excellent customer service and support well beyond the expectations of both my wife and myself.

Thanks again.
Very sincerely,
Gil and Velia Cano
909-579-9245

Room Tip: Ask for Michael.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!