“Not quite...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reston, Virginia
“Not quite...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I wish I could give this hotel 3.5 stars bc I don't feel the service here warrants a full four stars. We stay here almost weekly and each time we check in something goes wrong. On the last visit the door to our room didn't lock. On the visit before it took a good 30 minutes to get towels brought to the room and I believe last month the heat wasn't working properly. Unfortunately there aren't too many hotel options in Reston so the Westin will have to do for now. I have stayed at many Westins throughout the US and this one falls just short of the others. I'm hoping they can work out the kinks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
John R, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Terpen t,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on previous visits. The service you describe is not consistent with the experience we aim to deliver to all of our guests. Our team takes great pride in delivering exceptional experiences and with your feedback we can adjust how we operate. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you the level of service we hold ourselves to, please feel free to reach out to us directly if there is anything we can do.

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Tucked away in a quiet area of Reston is the excellent and very comfortable Westin. The hotel was extremely quiet and modern. The king room was standard size and the bathroom was huge. The penthouse heated pool, whirlpool, and gym was an added bonus. Also, we enjoyed the free parking in the underground garage. The only downside to the Westin is the WiFi is not free. Hotwire is the way to go for great deals on four star hotels.

los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The purpose of this note is to commend Mr. Michael McCoy for his excellent service he provided to my wife and me during our stay at the Westin this past week. We arrived a day late due to plane delay and asked for a quiet room. I was so impressed by the support and service provided by Michael that I felt compelled to go on record with my praise. Employees like these truly deserve recognition. In an era where exceptional one-to-one customer service excellence has virtually disappeared from our society, the professional help provided by Mr. McCoy should be held up as an example for others to try to emulate.
In closing, I believe that Mr. McCoy truly deserves to be congratulated and rewarded for providing excellent customer service and support well beyond the expectations of both my wife and myself.

Thanks again.
Very sincerely,
Gil and Velia Cano
909-579-9245

Room Tip: Ask for Michael.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

No surprises in the modern rooms of a Westin. The bar and restaurant provided a nice menu, extensive wine list and scotch selection. Presented to you on an Ipad. Wifi is not free. fitness room has all the basics machines and free weights. staff is friendly. I had to eat a clean breakfast because I am in training the kitchen prepared my breakfast to my specifications. Always a challenge when I travel in the states. Large portions, fried and meat piled on the plate to overflow.Sheraton is right across the courtyard which has a very lovely restaurant. Could have done without the teenage girls visiting for a competition running around from floor to floor. Not the hotels fault.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Wexford, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights and I was very very unimpressed. The safe in my room was broken and the poor guy who tried to fix it couldn't and I had to repack all my clothes to move room to get a working safe. This was not so bad, it could happen to any hotel. But the thing that really ruined my stay was the appalling and I do mean appalling service and attitude of the breakfast staff. Two mornings during the stay the waiter actually threw/tossed the bill onto our table. They grumbled at us when taking our order each and every morning and often left us waiting for ages while they were in the kitchen chatting with no other customers there.

Next time if I have to stay here, I will have to find another place in the locality to get breakfast each morning to avoid this terrible service.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from end of corridor as the emergency exit is used by staff and shakes the wall whe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
John R, Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Jamesmwhite,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Reston Heights. I am genuinely sorry to hear the breakfast service ruined your experience. The service you describe is not consistent with the standard our team strives to deliver and your feedback will allow us to adjust our operations and ensure guest expectations are met. I do hope you return and allow us the opportunity to prove the award-winning Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro is held to the highest level of service. If there is anything we can do, please reach out to us directly at 703-234-3508.

Rooms Division Manager
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the Westin, Reston Heights for 2 nights on a recent business trip to the US. The hotel itself is modern and the rooms are large and comfortable. It has a reasonable bar and restaurant area just off the reception on the ground floor and a gym, with an extremely small pool, on the top floor. The reception staff were generally quite helpful, but breakfast was a lethargic affair; taking an eternity to place an order and nearly as long for this, incredibly simple order, to arrive!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Matt-T78,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the modern aesthetics and spacious accommodations the Westin Reston Heights offers you! I sincerely apologize the breakfast service did not meet your expectations. This matter is being addressed to ensure our staff consistently delivers the best experience for you. We hope you return on your next business trip to allow us the opportunity to prove our service standards match our award-winning amenities!

Rooms Division Manager
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here to celebrate our anniversary. Used my AARP for discount. Check in was fast and very friendly, We got a very pleasant surprise when room service brought us a complementary snack plate. and also received a nice card. our stay has been wonderful.

Room Tip: check for discounts
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
John R, Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Gens328,

Thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary with us! I am happy to hear we made the occasion special and memorable. We aim to surprise and delight our guests and am glad to hear you were "very happy" with your stay. Ee look forward to welcoming you back.

Rooms Manager

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!