“Lovely Hotel Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
New York
“Lovely Hotel Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband surprised me for my birthday with an overnight stay at the Westin Reston Heights. The hotel is pretty, modern, and very clean. Since we only stayed one night, we didn't get a chance to explore the entire hotel. Upon check in, we were upgraded to a junior suite for no additional charge. The room was huge and could've easily accommodated 2 more people on the sleep sofa. The junior suite also included a wet bar, which was an extra bonus. The bathroom had a tub and shower combo with dual shower heads and also had a separate walk-in shower with dual shower heads. I wish we could've stayed longer but will definitely return

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
John R, Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Cabo07,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that we were able to make your birthday a memorable one. I hope you get to join us again for a long weekend and enjoy all that our hotel has to offer. I look forward to welcoming you both back!

John Robinson
Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night when my flight was cancelled due to weather. Very nice hotel and staff. I ate in the bar area and had a wonderful salad. The only negative was the airport shuttle times. It leaves once on the hour, which means I had a very early morning. But it was free, so I will take what I can get.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We (2 adults and 3 kids aged 3 to 6 years) stayed at Westin Reston Heights in 2 connecting rooms for 1 night in early February 2013 due to a cancelled flight. We had a short but nice stay. The location was great in terms of easy access by the hotel’s frequent shuttle bus service to Washington Dulles Airport. The rooms were clean, quiet and fairly large with very nice bathrooms. The property is well-maintained and all staff members were friendly and helpful during our stay. Restaurant downstairs was OK, but not great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed for one night between flts at Washingto Dullas airport and got a very good 67usd rate on Hotwire. I was pleased to see for 67usd that I got a Westin as on Hotwire you dont know what you are getting til you pay. Westins are always nice and this lived up to their reputaion of high quality. We had a room with two queen beds I think room 803 on the top floor. Big room nice decor and colors very soothing and confortable. Big bathroom big walk in shower nice and clean. The lobby was very welcoming and warm and the front desk staff was very friendly at checkin and out and the shuttle to and from IAD was quick. The one thing that was a negative was the bed while looking very inviting was not real comfy kinda too firm but at the same time not horrible and the pillows were too soft maybe its just me . Other than that a typical good Westin hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were staying at the Dulles Westin and had to leave because our suite (have a baby and needed the separate bedroom) was not available for additional nights. So, we called over to the Reston Heights Westin and explained the situation. The manager said there was a suite available immediately so we drove over. By the time we got there, the manager had already placed a crib in our room for our baby. In addition, he gave us a children's pack with a rubber ducky and plug protectors. And, within 20 minutes of our arrival, we had a mini fridge in the room for our baby's milk. Throughout our stay, the staff was wonderful. I should also mention that we had 1-2 meals at the hotel each day and the food was very good. If I had any complaint, it would be the restaurant waiters. They were more than competent but not particularly friendly. But this is a minor complaint. Overall, this hotel was terrific and extremely well run. We are in the area a few times a year and have agreed that this is the only hotel we will stay in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
John R, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Tiffany E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Michael and I personally handled your transition to our hotel and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations! Please reach out to any of our staff when you are returning to the area so that we can ensure your family has another great stay.

John
Rooms Division Manager
703-234-3506
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Reston Heights in Reston, Va. the weekend of the Inauguration and had a great experience. This is the third Westin that I've stayed in three different states and that have all been excellent. The staff is very nice and very accommodating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
John R, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear CMR139,

Thank you very much for the positive review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the property and that the staff was friendly. If your travels bring you back to the area, I hope to welcome you back as a guest.

John
upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Flight cancelled - airline made all arrangements and sent us to this hotel.
Shuttle was outside airport waiting to take us to the hotel, hotel was very nice - beautiful lobby, nicely decorated, guest floors secure - only accessible to those with a room key. It was late, we were tired from traveling, front desk clerk was very accomodating and efficient. Check in was quick and easy.
Room was clean, spacious and luxurious - I wish we had more time to spend there. King size bed was comfy - a short sleep, a quick shower, check out was quick and easy. Called for return shuttle - arrived in less than 5 minutes.
The only thing that was missing was free WiFi but since we were only there for about 6 hours total it was not a big deal. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!