“Beautiful and New” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Baltimore, Maryland
“Beautiful and New”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had such an enjoyable stay in this hotel. The staff was accommodating. The room was extremely comfortable, clean, and modern. The bed was soft and cozy. The location was nice - close to several large shopping areas and good restaurants. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Paris
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed for a night as we tought it would be a good pick as it was supposed to be close to the airport.

In fact it is away from everything and you need to take a shuttle that is supposed to run every 30 minutes. Unfortunately we waited for one and half for the shuttle until we decided to get a taxi because all the shuttle were used to transport the people attending to a wedding. It is a shame to behave like this and not provide any information.

Last but not least as there are nowhere you can go out for dinner you have to eat at the hotel where the price are absolutely crazy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
John R, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Remi75102,
I am sorry to hear you waited so long for our shuttle without any communication, this is a courtesy service for our guests convenience and I sincerely apologize you were made to wait.
Our complex is not only home to the award winning Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro but Syrah Restaurant and Cosmopolitan Lounge located at the Sheraton Reston next door. These venues offer a more casual environment to help satisfy many different tastes.
We are also located right across the Dulles Toll Road from Reston Town Center which boasts 50 retail shops, 30 restaurants, and a newly renovated movie theatre.
I hope you give us the opportunity to return to Reston and let our fantastic staff ensure you enjoy all that the area has to offer.
Be well,
John
Bluffton, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed 2 nights over the Thanksgiving weekend. Great location, beautiful lobby. The rooms are starting to show their age. I bumped the assist bar in the bathtub and rust fell into the tub and all over the floor. I hope they have a refurbishment plan in place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
John R, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Jzwnv6,
Thank you for choosing to spend your Thanksgiving holiday with the Westin Reston Heights! I am glad to hear that the lobby and hotel surroundings met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback regarding the conditions of your room and consider it a gift. I'm happy to say that we are always working to keep our looking new. I hope that you will choose us when staying in Reston again so we can provide you with an experience to be expected at the newest hotel in Reston.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We arrived late at Dulles airport but happy the complimentary shuttle could still pick us up at midnight. The room was nicely stocked with excellent toiletries and coffeemaker. In the morning, we could use the business center to print out our boarding passes for our next flight. Very nice front desk staff.

Room Tip: To catch the shuttle, go out door 6 and level 2. The hotel room says 2H but best to go out door 2 an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Metuchen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife, son and I were planning on visiting Washington, D.C. to visit colleges. A few days before we headed out, our plans changed, but we had made plans to visit a family member in Fairfax, Va.

I canceled our hotel reservation in Washington and went to SPG.com to find a nice hotel near Fairfax. The Westin looked nice, close to a highway and less than 30 minutes from Fairfax. It also offered a AAA rate that I thought was reasonable and, unlike Washington hotels, offered free parking.

We drove there from New Jersey and found the hotel very easily, as it is located right off of the highway. The parking was easy, the lobby, nicely decorated, but empty. The hotel sits in a multi-use development that includes office buildings, a condo complex, a Sheraton Hotel, and the Westin. It is one of those hotels that is busy during the week, but very quiet on the weekend, unless they are hosting a wedding.

We checked in and were offered a suite (I am SPG Gold), but since we were traveling with a high school senior, he wanted no part of a sofa bed! The room were were assigned was on a top floor and had two queen beds, which worked for us. It was modern, clean, and very much what is expected of a Westin. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large and very clean.

After dinner, we went to the bar for a drink. It was quiet, yet very comfortable. It even offered three fire pits with outside seating, which would have been nice if it were a bit warmer outside. The bartender was terrific and the service was great.

Our AAA rate included breakfast for two. We went down to the restaurant and enjoyed a quiet, but well prepared breakfast. The hotel gave us a $13.00 credit for each of two people for the breakfast. The food was very good, the service wonderful, and the selection about what one would expect for a hotel.

The only negative was found was that the staff had no idea about what was offered in the restaurant on a Sunday morning. The bartender told us that they had a great brunch. Before we went to bed on Saturday night we asked the woman at the front desk, "What time is brunch?" and were told that they offered a breakfast and lunch. Based on this we got up about an hour earlier than we would have to have breakfast. We are still not sure if they offer a Sunday brunch!

The hotel is very nice and is very reasonable, at least on a weekend. We would definitely stay here again if in the area. You will not be disappointed with the Westin Reston Heights.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the local road instead of the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is an excellent hotel located close to the Reston Town Center. The hotel rooms are pretty spacious and they have both junior suites and deluxe suites which are very nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful to any request (especially Ann!). I always stay at this hotel whenever I am in the Reston area and would highly recommend it for both business and personal travel!

Room Tip: The deluxe suites are the best rooms if you can get it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Warrenton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had surgery in Reston and needed to stay at a local hotel overnight so that I didn't have to drive home and then back for a follow up in the morning.

The staff couldn't have been any less accommodating. They stood around chatting while guests waited to check in and were unfriendly their response for special accommodations. I simply wanted a room as close to the ground floor as possible and preferably handicap accessible based on my situation. No luck. I was on a restricted diet and had brought my own food for the evening but the staff couldn’t be bothered to provide a spoon for me. I was told to order room service.

As a premiere SPG member, internet services should be free with my reservation but I was charged and had to call to get the charge removed.

My caretaker tried to check in early while I was in surgery. Since the reservation was in my name, the staff wouldn't help her even though she had all my medical releases, my ID and my credit card.

With this stay SPG has lost my business going forward.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#9 of 20 in Herndon
4.5 of 5 stars 143 reviews

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!