“Close to Dulles airport & excellent room!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

Save Saved
You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Reston
Dallas, Texas
“Close to Dulles airport & excellent room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We arrived late at Dulles airport but happy the complimentary shuttle could still pick us up at midnight. The room was nicely stocked with excellent toiletries and coffeemaker. In the morning, we could use the business center to print out our boarding passes for our next flight. Very nice front desk staff.

Room Tip: To catch the shuttle, go out door 6 and level 2. The hotel room says 2H but best to go out door 2 an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Metuchen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife, son and I were planning on visiting Washington, D.C. to visit colleges. A few days before we headed out, our plans changed, but we had made plans to visit a family member in Fairfax, Va.

I canceled our hotel reservation in Washington and went to SPG.com to find a nice hotel near Fairfax. The Westin looked nice, close to a highway and less than 30 minutes from Fairfax. It also offered a AAA rate that I thought was reasonable and, unlike Washington hotels, offered free parking.

We drove there from New Jersey and found the hotel very easily, as it is located right off of the highway. The parking was easy, the lobby, nicely decorated, but empty. The hotel sits in a multi-use development that includes office buildings, a condo complex, a Sheraton Hotel, and the Westin. It is one of those hotels that is busy during the week, but very quiet on the weekend, unless they are hosting a wedding.

We checked in and were offered a suite (I am SPG Gold), but since we were traveling with a high school senior, he wanted no part of a sofa bed! The room were were assigned was on a top floor and had two queen beds, which worked for us. It was modern, clean, and very much what is expected of a Westin. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large and very clean.

After dinner, we went to the bar for a drink. It was quiet, yet very comfortable. It even offered three fire pits with outside seating, which would have been nice if it were a bit warmer outside. The bartender was terrific and the service was great.

Our AAA rate included breakfast for two. We went down to the restaurant and enjoyed a quiet, but well prepared breakfast. The hotel gave us a $13.00 credit for each of two people for the breakfast. The food was very good, the service wonderful, and the selection about what one would expect for a hotel.

The only negative was found was that the staff had no idea about what was offered in the restaurant on a Sunday morning. The bartender told us that they had a great brunch. Before we went to bed on Saturday night we asked the woman at the front desk, "What time is brunch?" and were told that they offered a breakfast and lunch. Based on this we got up about an hour earlier than we would have to have breakfast. We are still not sure if they offer a Sunday brunch!

The hotel is very nice and is very reasonable, at least on a weekend. We would definitely stay here again if in the area. You will not be disappointed with the Westin Reston Heights.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the local road instead of the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is an excellent hotel located close to the Reston Town Center. The hotel rooms are pretty spacious and they have both junior suites and deluxe suites which are very nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful to any request (especially Ann!). I always stay at this hotel whenever I am in the Reston area and would highly recommend it for both business and personal travel!

Room Tip: The deluxe suites are the best rooms if you can get it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Warrenton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had surgery in Reston and needed to stay at a local hotel overnight so that I didn't have to drive home and then back for a follow up in the morning.

The staff couldn't have been any less accommodating. They stood around chatting while guests waited to check in and were unfriendly their response for special accommodations. I simply wanted a room as close to the ground floor as possible and preferably handicap accessible based on my situation. No luck. I was on a restricted diet and had brought my own food for the evening but the staff couldn’t be bothered to provide a spoon for me. I was told to order room service.

As a premiere SPG member, internet services should be free with my reservation but I was charged and had to call to get the charge removed.

My caretaker tried to check in early while I was in surgery. Since the reservation was in my name, the staff wouldn't help her even though she had all my medical releases, my ID and my credit card.

With this stay SPG has lost my business going forward.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I tend to use this hotel when I stay in or around Reston & although it is a little further away from the shops and restaurants (shuttle works well) I prefer it to the Hyatt in Reston Town Centre.

Service is good, the food is good & the rooms are spacious, quiet & well appointed.

One gripe - it would be great if the hotel pool opened in the weekday mornings, not just at weekends

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at the Westin-Reston Heights last week. What a beautiful hotel! This property is first-class. The rooms are spacious and unbelievably clean and the staff is warm and welcoming. Just the spot for the weary traveler to recouperate or the weekend getaway. You cannot go wrong at the Westin Reston Heights!

Room Tip: If possible, try to stay in the executive suite. It is absolutely worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

As a traveling consultant, I stayed at the Westin in Reston M-F and sometimes weekends. The service is great. Michael knew how to start my morning with a compliment! Anna, Mark and Kiran knew me by name and were so accommodating at check-in and service express requests. Mark always knew my breakfast order - "plain oatmeal, seasonal berries, and a bottle of water, right?" You got it! It was a home away from home. The only downside was the small gym. One elliptical =/ Overall, a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!