“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Reston Heights

You added Westin Reston Heights to your Saves list
Westin Reston Heights
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Sunrise Valley Drive, (Opening May 20, 2008), Reston, VA 20191   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Georgia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Came in for meeting. Shuttle will get u. Clean. Well staffed. Quiet rooms. Nice shower. 15 mins from Dulles. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2011
FOM_Westin_Reston, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Dear Cognac62,
Thank you for providing feedback to tripadvisor regarding your stay. The team at the Westin Reston Heights was delighted to read that your stay was "Perfect" We would We look forward to your next visit in the Reston area and hope you can try our restaurant: Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro. Be well,
-Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

The staff was really friendly and the rooms were big, nice and comfy. Wished that the shuttle services to both the town centre and surrounding areas were more reliable. Not for those with a timeline to keep.

• Stayed April 2011
FOM_Westin_Reston, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Reston Heights Hotel. The hotel shuttle is scheduled to depart the Westin Reston Heights on the hour and the half hour typically arriving at Dulles International Airport on the 15's and 45's. I was delighted to read your comments regarding the friendliness of the staff and guestrooms. We hope to see you again soon, be well.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

My credit card was debited at check in for a night stay despite submission of the airline voucher for free stay.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
FOM_Westin_Reston, Front Office Manager at Westin Reston Heights, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Mik012,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at the Westin Reston Heights. The Westin Reston Heights hotel works with the airlines at Dulles to assist in housing passengers that are unable to travel when occupancy allows. Depending on the reason for the delay, vouchers are either for a guestroom discount which is at the guest's cost or the room and tax is paid for by the airline. If after reviewing your voucher, you still feel you are due a refund, please contact me directly at 703.234.3506 or email me at dave.meredith@westinreston.com.
Be well,
Front Office Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I have been meaning to post this review for a while... forgive the delay.

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night because we were flying out of Dulles bright and early the next morning. We live in DC and I work in Herndon, VA, so I am familiar with the hotels in the area. We initially chose the Westin because it was new, had a lift to the airport, has a good reputation, and was a great price (we got a room for less than $100, which is hard to find in this area.)

When we arrived, we were in our wedding attire, and the front desk staff automatically (and at no cost) upgraded us to a suite. The room was wonderful, large, well decorated, and clean.

On top of the free upgrade, we received a complimentary bottle of champagne and dessert which were brought up to our room not long after we arrived.

We had a lovely stay and it was a lovely way to end our wedding day and rest up for our flight to Antigua the next day! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I flew down last minute on NYE to spend the night with a friend that was there on business. My friend stays at this property quite often. I wasn't expecting much as it basically is an airport hotel. The service was exemplary and everything else was very pleasant. From the cheerful girl at the front desk to the servers in Vinofera. I was in the bar early on NYC waiting for my companion to arrive. First of all the wine list is top-notch with many GREAT choices by the glass and reasonable prices. When's the last time you saw a Duckhorn Merlot or a Ridge Zin by the glass at a hotel bar???!! As I was enjoying my first glass of Tattinger, again at a very reasonable price by the glass, the manager came over and asked what my wine preferences were. He told me he had a great Pinot that wasn't on the list that he wanted me to try. Ken Wright Cellars, Shea Vineyards...delicious and it was on the house! The tuna and salmon carpaccio appetizer I had was spot-on as well. We had a suite that was very comfortable although the shower was a bit cramped. The only complaint I had was breakfast the next day. They were very short-staffed, we waited forever to order and when we did get our food it was wrong. The manager proceeded to comp our meal, offer us a free night and a free dinner if we could stay, which we couldn't, but then offerred a town car to the airport. THIS is what service should always be!!! BRAVO Westin Reston!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
ballston lake, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

I had an unexpected layover on December 18th and stayed at the Westin Reston.   The staff greeted our group of tired passengers graciously, brought out toothbrushes and toothpaste, and upgraded me to a fantastic room which was much appreciated. The room was spacious and lovely and I slept great. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Was disappointed that I was walked to the Westin's sister property on the 1st night of my stay, but the remaining two nights at the Westin were fantastic. The morning of December 15 I checked in to the Westin at 11 a.m. and was happily surprised when they had my Junior Suite ready. The Junior Suite is exceptionally appointed, sparkling clean, and a great value. The night prior the Front Desk staff said I could probably check-in at 10 a.m. and that they would be upgrading me even higher than a Junior Suite considering they walked me the night prior. I get it though, it was 11 a.m. in the morning and nothing was probably clean yet, but I was extremely happy that they did have a Junior Suite ready to go. The Front Desk staff was the complete opposite from the Sheraton (the sister property I was walked to), they were friendly, inviting, and very helpful. Don't remember his name, but I do remember seeing his passion on his name tag as being college sports, and he was on point, very nice, friendly and great throughout my stay. Told him when I checked-in that the Sheraton had charged me for the first night, and he promptly saw to it that the bill was adjusted and a new copy was slipped under my door. Ordered room service several times throughout my stay, and out of all the countries I have been to and all the brands of hotels I have stayed in, was most impressed by the service from your Room Service staff. No only was the food delicious, but the room service staff was friendly, asked to be invited in to the room each and every time, and even asked me to make sure my food looked okay. Both of the Room Service staff members I dealt with were very personable. The room service staff at the Sheraton should take note. Don't remember the name of the woman who answered my Service Express calls, but she was terrific as well, so friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Westin Reston Heights? Share your experiences!