“Three trips, three great times!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Kelly's Ford

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Remington
Inn at Kelly's Ford
16589 Edwards Shop Road, Remington, VA   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Remington B&B and Inns
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Three trips, three great times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is the third time my husband and I have stayed at the Inn and each time we have enjoyed ourselves immensely. Basically out "in the boonies" the Inn is attached to a huge equestrian center right on the Rappahannock River. We live in Fredericksburg and it takes about 30 minutes to get here. It's a great escape if you want a place where you'll feel remote or definitely away from it all for a few days!

We were lucky enough to come each time on a Living Social voucher which included a credit for the restaurant or the Pub and an activity (canoeing/horseback riding). The main restaurant was delicious- we did not eat there this time but have the previous two visits. The Pub has a pretty great menu of, well, "pub food" (burgers, sandwiches, appetizers, etc.) and with the exception of a few hours in the afternoon they are open almost all day. We elected to have breakfast delivered to our room in the morning and the food is excellent.

The rooms are lovely- huge suites with an in-room mini bar (fridge), huge luxurious bed, and a private deck. We have stayed in three different cottages all on the main property and they are all nicely decorated and in the spirit of the inn with its Civil War heritage. The bathroom has a huge jetted tub and separate shower.

Another nice thing about the property is they have a pool and hot tub on site. On each of our stays we have seen mostly couples or groups of adults here, but occasionally a family. If we were horse people we would definitely come to use the facilities. They host equestrian events several times a year.

I have not seen the Living Social voucher for this property recently so I think we were lucky to grab it three times! I would definitely recommend the Inn for anyone looking for a nice, quiet, romantic weekend away in a beautiful outdoor setting. It's been a nice place to celebrate our anniversary every year!

Room Tip: All of the cottages are equally lovely. We like the upper level rooms as they have a private deck...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We went to Kelly's Ford for a couples weekend two years ago ad went back again this summer (June 15-17). Again, we loved everything about it from the pool, to the Main House Suite and the staff, all excellent. I think we might have been the only guests the two nights we were there. Truly a magical place. The staff in Pelhams Pub was awesome, catering to our every need, even delivering a USA World Cup win over Ghana :).

The nearby wineries are awesome to visit, especially Mediterranean and Molon Lave.

We will be back!

Stayed July 2014
Tidewater, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I loved this inn in the VA Hunt Country area. My private cottage was clean, nicely decorated & comfortably close to the restaurant, pub & pool. I had a lovely deck with patio chairs & table to enjoy the pastoral scenery which included riders, horses, geese & their goszlings. I had a carriage ride, delicious meals (including breakfast room service), a jacuzzi, pool time, etc.
I'd spent the previous 3 nights in more rustic accomodations and was delighted that this Inn offered more gracious accomodations plus the service was impeccable. I'll be back for sure!
When I read other comments on their website I was surprised to see any negative reviews; that was certainly NOT my experience.
p.s. Visit the Graffitti House nearby for a unique glimpse of Civil War history.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Inn at Kelly's Ford after getting married there on 4/19. What a beautiful place! We stayed in the very unique Silo suite and were nothing but pleased! This suite was very clean and a very comfortable place to stay. The staff were very friendly from check-in to room service. We were served breakfast the next morning and I must say, the food was delicious! We had no complaints with our experience at the Inn at Kelly's Ford. We highly recommend this beautiful place for a relaxing getaway.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I are B&B regulars and are always in search of the “special” place where everything comes together and creates an excellent experience and they did it at the Inn at Kelly’s Ford. We had a Living Social deal – which gave us an excellent price. The pastoral location gave us the peace we were looking for in a weekend getaway. The Main Dining Room and the Pelham’s Pub gave us great food and drinks (Thanks to Cindy). The room was huge (General Meade Cottage) and was immaculate with a fantastic spa tub and marble everywhere in the bathroom and the best of all, water closet with a door for privacy. The bed was comfortable and the stone fireplace was lovely with a wood fire burning. The large bay window in the room overlooked the beautiful Virginia horse country and we had a deck to ourselves off the room. The Inn is in a rural setting but only 13 miles from Culpeper, VA and we spent the day doing a walking tour of the town and trying out the restaurants and shops. The weather did not cooperate but we loved the weekend all the more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We discovered the Inn by accident while studying a map. Met with friends for lunch - excellent. It was not busy, but the food was delicious, generous and attractively served by friendly and attentive staff. Will definitely return when in the area. Attractive decor, interesting history, very good website.

Room Tip: Did not stay in the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Esmont, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Have not visited this inn yet. We have a Living Social coupon we want to use in July. Called to make our reservation and they tell us they want to charge our credit card $200 for a deposit. Told them our room is prepaid because we have already paid Living Social and LS has paid them. Told them if they want a credit card number at check-in for incidentals during our stay, no problem but I disagree with them taking $200 of my money for 3 months when we have already paid for the stay in full. They could validate the card and not take the money but they refused that option. Policy was not stated in the Fine Print on Living Social. Tried to be nice about it, Explained my argument but owners would not budge. I feel this is a true violation of good business ethics. We have to go or lose our Living Social Coupon. Hope they are more customer friendly at the facility itself!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Kelly's Ford? Share your experiences!