“Beautiful Setting: Great time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Kelly's Ford

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Remington
Inn at Kelly's Ford
You added Inn at Kelly's Ford to your Saves list
16589 Edwards Shop Road, Remington, VA   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Remington B&B and Inns
Mineral, VA
“Beautiful Setting: Great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I booked a one night stay and dinner for our 32nd anniversary, having stayed at the Inn several years ago.
After a little mix-up on reservations and confirmation, we arrived late afternoon and checked into one of the Inn's two main house rooms (we haven't tried the other, larger accommodations.)
We went down to the first floor pub, sitting outside on the terrace overlooking 500 acres of green pastures (complete with horses grazing,) woods, streams and ponds. The drinks were fine, the service good... but sitting there with the sun having just set, looking across that gorgeous panorama with the green hills in the background was almost worth the entire stay; it's difficult to describe except to say that it takes my breath away.
The room, called a "suite" but a single area and bath, was beautifully appointed in civil war decorations. Outside, on the house roof, was a private balcony with umbrella-table and chairs from which we could view the same panorama I described above. The room comes with a complete breakfast served in the restaurant or room, and we chose the room so that we could enjoy the morning light from the balcony.
Dinner in the main dining room is pleasant, again decorated in civil war motif, and the food was excellent if slightly on the high (but not out of sight) side pricewise. After dinner, we repaired to the pub and found Karaoke night in progress. We didn;t participate but enjoyed watching the locals hold forth.
Can't say that the Inn's business side is an overly tight ship, but the few small errors were quickly remedied by staff that appeared genuinely concerned and eager to help.
If you are horse people, the Inn's has trail rides, and lessons in a huge equestrian center: my wife bought me [a good but out of practice horseman] an escorted ride a few years back: fun and beautiful to ride the wilderness. The rental string appear to be all good animals without the standard "back to the stable" bad habits.

We'll return for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I typically don't write reviews, but after reading through some less than stellar reviews I wanted to offer up my experience at KF. Having been to a number of B&B's in the northern VA area, including the Black Horse Inn and Blue Mountain Escape, I enjoyed Kelly's Ford the most because of their staff, scenery, and laid back atmosphere.

My now fiance booked one of the suites for our 1 year anniversary stay. We arrived a bit after check-in, around 9:00PM and the front desk girl was very accommodating and let us place our breakfast order for the next morning. When we arrived in our room, it was clean with a rustic country feel with a beautiful view (from what I could see in the dark) and a fireplace. I didn't see any wood, so I called down to the front desk and the girl let us know she would have some brought up (we were on the 2nd floor). A few minutes later we heard a knock and it was the same girl carrying a bunch of firewood-an impressive feat as she was on the smaller side. This positive, going out of the way attitude continued throughout our weekend stay.

We used the Jacuzzi tubs without any issues (I saw one reviewer blame her infection on the tub's jets, odd that they both most likely used the tub, but only she got an infection?) But I digress, we enjoyed a hot breakfast that was brought to our room and laid out nicely on our private deck overlooking the rolling fields (absolutely stunning!). We wondered the property and were quite smitten as it is a gorgeous setting with abundant wildlife, waterways and walking/horse trails. We also enjoyed a scrumptious lunch and they were very accommodating of my food allergies. Our server brought out the chef to double check my entree preparation.

Overall it is a bit pricey for the area, but if you're from the city and looking for a quiet escape, KF is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: The suites are great-very private and large.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The landscape and views were breath taking, the Inn was spotless. We were in for a wedding, arrived early for check-in so we had a few drinks and snack in the Pub, service was great the bartender very pleasant and accommodating, my husband was special ordering off the menu and she had no problem with it.
I loved the room, we had our own balcony to sip wine on. The rooms have a historical theme, we stayed in the General Hooker room. The room was very clean and sheets were fresh and crisp.
The wedding was a ‘’HIT’’ from ceremony to dessert. I would give the buffet food 8 out of ten, it was hot and delicious. The staff was great that evening they let us be loud and happy.
Breakfast was delicious and the service for breakfast was okay; one of the waitresses seemed annoyed but everything else was so nice her mood simply noticed.
I am planning to return this summer, I LOVED it!
TMac

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We
We're hoping to enjoy a holiday Memorial Day weekend and have a great meal. We did have a couple of drinks but we had a rental for the night. When our time came up at 0615 we were told to wait. The dining room was empty but we were told we had to wait. My friend Dan has had 2 knee replacements and had trouble sitting. They said, too bad. We attempted to resolve this but the front test "girls" said too bad. It went down hill from there until the owner was called and he called me a dirty Jew. We left. Don't go here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was a bridesmaid at a wedding a few years ago at a different Inn in Va where I had a terrible experience so I was curious to find out when I was invited to the Inn at Kelly's Ford this weekend how the two would compare to one another. I am pleased to announce that this event was pure perfection. The estate was unbelievably gorgeous, the wedding was coordinated beautifully, the employees were eager to be accomodating to the guests, and the food was marvelous. I can only hope that when my daughter gets married her wedding will be as magnificent as this one turned out this weekend! If you are looking for a spot for your wedding this is the one!! I give it beyond 5 stars!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Maple City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Only about 1.5 hours from Washington, DC, the Inn at Kelly's Ford is a great place to unwind. We loved the JEB Stuart cottage - fireplace, jacuzzi, view of horses in the pastures, comfortable bed, TV-DVD. We spent two nights during the week at the beginning of May and enjoyed tranquility - but weekends get busy with equestrian events. Thursday is karaoke night at the Pelham Pub, and that drew a crowd. Breakfast and dinner at the main were very good; lunch in the Pub was ample and tasty too.

We especially enjoyed a long bike ride (50 miles) on small lightly traveled roads in the area. It was one of the nicest rides on rolling hills; roads were mostly in very good condition and were very clean (no glass or debris). We brought our own bikes - I don't know what the bikes for rent at the Inn are like.

We also enjoyed a one-hour trail ride at the Inn. Our horses were docile, perfect for novices, and the guide was friendly.

All in all, a definite change from city life!

Room Tip: We really liked General JEB Stuart cottage for the spaciousness, the view (if you like horses), and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been a huge fan of Kim Carnes since she first became famous so once I heard she was going to be with in a hour from me at the Inn at Kelly's Ford I knew I had to try to make it. The concert was great and I am glad I got to make it to that. HOWEVER we tried to have dinner in Pehlam's Pub before hand and it wasn't much of a dinner. The place was pretty packed which is a good thing and we figured most people were going to the concert to but that being said it seemed like most were regulars and the waitresses made it seem like it. They were busy and way understaffed, the servers were trying to make drinks and take orders at same time instead of just having a bartender make drinks, also it took the waitress who attempted to take care of us about 25 minutes to greet us and get our drinks back to us. Finally after 35 minutes we were able to order. Once we ordered we thought service would get better but it didn't we waited another 20 minutes on a refill for our beverages. Getting a little frustrated we ended up seeing Kim Carnes in the Pub area eating as well with her crew. By the time she got there it was about 6:30 knowing she plays at 8:00pm she probably thought she could easily get a meal in. We had to stay until about 7:30 and by the time we were done Kim Carnes and her crew still didn't have there food and all of there drinks were empty kind of like ours. She had one crew member stay behind and got all the food boxed up for them while her and a few others had to leave to get ready. Also the table next to Kim carnes was the lighting crew who we recognized once we got down to the concert and they also had to leave after over an hour and not getting there meals and having empty drinks. Overall I would have done the concert again cause it ended up being great, I would of just picked somewhere else to eat before hand that was more prepared and less rude. Thank you for making the experience a bit better that it started KIM!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Kelly's Ford? Share your experiences!