“Great stop when carting kids to VTech. Pet friendly!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   584 Oakland Circle, I-81 Exit 205 (Route 606), Raphine, VA 24472 (Formerly Days Inn Raphine)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Raphine
USA
“Great stop when carting kids to VTech. Pet friendly!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and comfort of this hotel. It is on 81, 1 1/2 hours from Blacksburg. It is a great stop if you are coming from baltimore or north and picking up a kid because when you wake up in the morning you are already on your way home. They have pet friendly rooms so we got to take our doggie and didn't have to board her. There is a great winery up the road too! Good breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

To start with, I booked my 2 night hotel stay through Priceline, which I will probably not be doing again. I booked a room with 2 queen beds and when I got to the hotel, with my husband and 19 month old son, they told me that Priceline had reserved me a smoking room. I was not happy. However, the hotel staff was very friendly and understanding and changed me to a King size bed room with an enclosed balcony area for no extra charge. The breakfast at the hotel wasn't great, but doable. I had to travel to Lynchburg and had to drive through some crazy mountain roads, but that was my own fault for picking this hotel. The room we stayed in was very nice and the staff was very accommodating and gave directions to the closest dining in the area.

• Stayed May 2014
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The beds at the Comfort Inn Raphine were SO comfortable. Hotel was very clean. The check in process was a little slow, however I think a huge influx of folks arrived at the same time we did. Front desk staff was very friendly. Two items that could be improved are wifi strength and TV reception. We only got a few of the channels advertised on the channel card and many of them were quite snowy. However, I wasn't in the room for the tv I was there to sleep so it was only a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Burlington Township, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Clean, comfortable room.......very nice, helpful staff......good location for traveling on the western side of Virginia. However, NO service for iPads! The hotel advertises that they have internet connection. The staff admitted their service was "very slow" but that didn't begin to cover the situation. I left my iPad on all night long, waiting to connect and it never did. I had to drive to a McDonald's 4.2 miles away to get service in order to complete my work assignment.

Room Tip: While the view is nice, you may want to stay on the parking lot side of the building. I-81 has truc...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Urbana, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Not the best and not the worst. We stayed one night on the way to Virginia Beach from Ohio. Breakfast was decent. Traffic from the highway could be heard in our room. The fridge was very loud all night long and made it hard to sleep great. I reserved the room through Priceline. When I checked in the clerk asked how I reserved the room and I feel we were given a room based on how we booked the reservation.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed for one night on our way to Florida. The front desk staff were very helpful. As for the room, it was pretty basic, clean and needing some updating but was okay for what we needed. The bed was amazingly comfortable. Be aware there are no real restaurants nearby, other than fast food. This place is off the beaten path, thus the reason it's so quiet.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hyannis Port, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed for one night while traveling back home for Florida. We stayed in suite with 2 double beds and pull out sofa. Room was comfortable, clean, and had a mini-fridge. It was recently renovated and everything looks mostly new. Breakfast of eggs, yogurt, and other essentials was included in the morning, which got us ready for a day on the road.

Perfect hotel to stop for an overnight.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!