“If you want to eat fast, avoid this place!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 44 Restaurants in Radford
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Pulaski, Virginia
“If you want to eat fast, avoid this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

My mom, daughters and myself decided to stop in and eat here while out shopping one weekday evening. We were starving so I was pleased to see the menu had a variety of items to choose from. That's where my good experience ended unfortunately. After placing our orders we sat down at a table and started our long wait. My mom got her order within 15-20 minutes. She had placed another to go order for a family member as well. After waiting for my daughters and my food for at least 45 minutes, I walked up to ask if it would be done soon. They said yes so I went and sat back down. During this time several other customers had come in after us and they had already gotten their food. Not only that but the to go order my mom had ordered came out and they gave it to the wrong person...then fixed it yet again and it was still done before ours was! Finally after waiting for at least an hour, they bring out the rest of our food. I had ordered the cheese enchiladas and Spanish rice. My youngest daughter had ordered the hamburger and my oldest ordered the barbecue. My enchiladas was nothing more than a tortilla with cold shredded cheese in it and when they brought out the "Spanish rice" it was actually vegetable fried rice. I mentioned the mistake and was told it would be fixed. They then brought out the rice you buy in a grocery store in the plastic bags that you throw in the microwave for a minute. It was cold so I didn't even eat it. My daughters barbecue was dry and had little to no sauce on it. All in all I was very disappointed by this experience and I will never go there again even if I'm starving. I would rather go in the forest and forage for nuts and berries. All I can say good about the place was the staff was nice. If I had not already paid before getting my food we would have definitely went elsewhere.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Christiansburg, Virginia
“Finally tried good ole USA food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I had no idea Taco Inn has gift cards until friends gave us a $20 gift card from Taco Inn. Hubby and I decided to try something other than Mex. I got the chuck wagon sandwich because the picture on FB looks so yummy. My hubby got the double bacon cheese burger. The guy behind the counter highly recommended it. I don't know what they do to their tater tots but they are great! I thoroughly enjoyed my chuck wagon sandwich. The meat patty was huge and flavorful. The lettuce and tomato were fresh. My husband loved his burger. Several times the next day, he was craving another. It was a simple burger but made fresh. Sometimes simple is better. He will order it again. As for me, I enjoyed my sandwich but my heart is in Mexico at Taco Inn.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Radford,VA
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We love to eat here. They are always friendly and the food yummy. My favorite is the Delux Nachos. Plenty of food in this dish and fresh. The Chuck wagon is huge and also a favorite. I like that they play Spirit FM softly in the background. You order at the counter and they quickly get it to your table. Definatly will be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Food tastes homemade. Nice people who work there! Interesting menu - can get both typical american food and/or mexican food. Good variety!

Visited March 2013
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Good food, fresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've only gotten Mex food here. I can't comment on the American food. I stopped by here for lunch when I was in town. I ordered two crunchy tacos w/hot sauce. I was very surprised at the freshness of the ingredients and very pleased with the flavors. I went home, told my husband how much I liked their tacos so we headed to Taco Inn a few weeks later. We ordered a sampler. There was so much food on those two plates we were barely able to finish it all. Again, we enjoyed the flavors and the freshness. Their prices are in line with all the run-of-the-mill Mex. restaurants around. Tonight I'm taking my dughter out for dinner. Can you guess where I'm taking her...Taco Inn. The employees have also been very friendly the two times I've been. I love the music they play, Spirit FM. Love that it is Christian owned!

• Visited May 2013