“Great Surprise!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Radford
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Great Surprise!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way back home from Florida. The person at the front desk was so nice!!! It was late and the man said to me do you have a coupon for the discount room? I said no sir... He smiled and pulled out a coupon from an enveloppe he had!!!!!!
We got a room, very nice, big for our family with kids!
Breakfast next morning was perfect! We will return for sure next time we go to Orlando!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Marathon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I travel very frequently for business, and usually aim for a Marriott or Hilton brand, so I wasn't too thrilled to learn that I would be staying at a Best Western. I have to say that the Radford Inn was quite the surprise. The place was much bigger than I expected it to be, and clean as a whistle. My room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was awesome. I couldn't eat just one of their biscuits and gravy, I had to go back for a second. The folks in this town are very friendly, as were the employees. When I returned the following week, I didn't think twice about booking here. Great price, great people, great place. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: .Try Sal's Jr Italian restaurant near Walmart on Pepper Ferry Rd
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lynchburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This stay was for my Father. He felt right at home here. The front desk staff humored him and the staff at breakfast helped him. He raved about the breakfast, and he enjoyed the fact that the Mexican restaurant had their entrane right in the lobby. He liked the salsa bar in Alejandro's restaurant enough that he ate 2 meals there during his 2 day stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Radford Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your father's recent stay at the Best Western! I am so glad that our staff made him feel at home and took such great care of him. That is always our goal - that our guests feel like they are staying in a "home away from home". As you noted, having a restaurant right on site is very convenient for our traveling guests - so nice not to have to head back out for a meal once they check in. Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet is indeed a guest favorite and our staff that takes care of our guests during breakfast receive terrific feedback. Your very kind comments have been shared with our staff as an encouragement to keep on taking such great care of our guests. Please do visit again soon!
Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My parents and I wanted to stay here while on a road trip. We handed the front desk person a coupon from one of the discount coupon books we had picked up at the VA visitors center. We use them always everywhere when we are on a road trip and no hotel has ever denied them. Well... this hotel did.
Even though it clearly said that the coupon was valid for another 2 months, she said that 'they were not acknowledging them this week' ?!? Which they cannot do. I understand it when there is not enough availability, but a hotel cannot simply decide not to acknowledge the coupons.
They then gave us a AAA rate, which was still twice as much as what we would have paid with the coupon.
I think a lot of people fall for this scam, since they are probably tired and just happy to find a nice hotel (it does look like a nice place). We decided not to stay here, and luckily did not fall for their little scam. So, just drive on and find another place a few miles further.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Radford Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stop in at the Best Western. I appreciate the opportunity to clarify that we do honor the coupons as much as possible and are happy to do so. The disclaimer on the coupon clearly states that the coupon is accepted “Based on availability.” And “Not valid with other discounts or during SPECIAL EVENTS.” The fall season in the Radford and Blacksburg market is replete with various special events due to the close proximity of two universities. I am pleased that the staff followed protocol by offering you an alternative discount rate since they were unable to accept your coupon during that time period.
Point Pleasant Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were spending the weekend visiting our son who attends Virginia Tech. It was a football weekend at Tech and all of the Blacksburg hotels had been taken. We ended up making reservations at the Best Western Inn in Radford. We were pleasantly surprised how close the hotel was to Tech (about 15-20 min. drive). The hotel was well maintained and the lobby was very welcoming. We were greeted by a very friendly hotel clerk who explained all the amenities of the hotel. My husband took advantage of the pool which he said was very nice. We both had breakfast at the complementary buffet, which offered a nice assortment of hot and cold breakfast foods. There was plenty of seating available and it was a good thing for the hotel was obviously filled with many Hokie fans. The person working in the buffet area kept everything filled and kept the area tidy. Our room was clean and comfortable, and very quiet from outside noises. Our overall experience was wonderful and I would not hesitate staying here again,or recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Radford Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review of your visit to the Best Western Radford. As you noted our hotel is very close to Virginia Tech and we frequently enjoy hosting visitors to VT. We appreciate your comments about our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and indoor pool and especially appreciate your remarks regarding our cleanliness and friendliness of staff. We look forward to hosting you again as you make future visits to your son!
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice place,nothing fancy but clean room,all the plumbing worked properly,and the attached restaurant was nice with very generous portions,they have a dog walking area as well which my pup really liked.the remote control is of a type that can be sanitized? I have never seen this before but it's a great idea.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are on true ground level. No steps at all .102 is closest to the lobby and rest bu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chesterfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL FRONT DEST AND GM I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. I booked my trip through Kayak.com. I prepaid and my credit card was charged. When checking out they claimed the third party had not paid them. I provided proof that I paid. They said I should not deal with third parties and I would have to pay before checking out. I refused to pay again and told them I would not authorize a payment as I prooved I already paid. They charged me again anyway. They were rude. The clerk Angela was very hard to deal with and the GM was useless at best. Many in the lobby witnessed the fiasco. Also, the mini-frig was broke and the room was very musty. Horrible experience. Enter at your own risk. I will get my money back one way or another.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Radford Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your recent stay with us. While it is difficult to hear that a guest did not have a positive experience, we value all input. Occasionally we receive credit card data from third party booking agencies that is not valid and it becomes necessary to request another method of payment directly from the guest that is checking in with us. The guest then needs to approach the third party agency for a refund. As I’m sure you can understand, as a business, we are not able to accommodate a guest without a valid payment. Our goal is to always provide excellent customer service and we regret that your experience with us was not a positive one. We will use your feedback to remind our staff that guest service remains a top priority with us. Thank you for bringing to our attention the malfunctioning refrigerator. We have alerted our maintenance department to take care of that right away.

Been to BEST WESTERN Radford Inn? Share your experiences!