“Do not stay here, it is a scam!” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Radford
Rockville, Maryland
“Do not stay here, it is a scam!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My parents and I wanted to stay here while on a road trip. We handed the front desk person a coupon from one of the discount coupon books we had picked up at the VA visitors center. We use them always everywhere when we are on a road trip and no hotel has ever denied them. Well... this hotel did.
Even though it clearly said that the coupon was valid for another 2 months, she said that 'they were not acknowledging them this week' ?!? Which they cannot do. I understand it when there is not enough availability, but a hotel cannot simply decide not to acknowledge the coupons.
They then gave us a AAA rate, which was still twice as much as what we would have paid with the coupon.
I think a lot of people fall for this scam, since they are probably tired and just happy to find a nice hotel (it does look like a nice place). We decided not to stay here, and luckily did not fall for their little scam. So, just drive on and find another place a few miles further.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Radford Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stop in at the Best Western. I appreciate the opportunity to clarify that we do honor the coupons as much as possible and are happy to do so. The disclaimer on the coupon clearly states that the coupon is accepted “Based on availability.” And “Not valid with other discounts or during SPECIAL EVENTS.” The fall season in the Radford and Blacksburg market is replete with various special events due to the close proximity of two universities. I am pleased that the staff followed protocol by offering you an alternative discount rate since they were unable to accept your coupon during that time period.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Point Pleasant Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were spending the weekend visiting our son who attends Virginia Tech. It was a football weekend at Tech and all of the Blacksburg hotels had been taken. We ended up making reservations at the Best Western Inn in Radford. We were pleasantly surprised how close the hotel was to Tech (about 15-20 min. drive). The hotel was well maintained and the lobby was very welcoming. We were greeted by a very friendly hotel clerk who explained all the amenities of the hotel. My husband took advantage of the pool which he said was very nice. We both had breakfast at the complementary buffet, which offered a nice assortment of hot and cold breakfast foods. There was plenty of seating available and it was a good thing for the hotel was obviously filled with many Hokie fans. The person working in the buffet area kept everything filled and kept the area tidy. Our room was clean and comfortable, and very quiet from outside noises. Our overall experience was wonderful and I would not hesitate staying here again,or recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Radford Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review of your visit to the Best Western Radford. As you noted our hotel is very close to Virginia Tech and we frequently enjoy hosting visitors to VT. We appreciate your comments about our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and indoor pool and especially appreciate your remarks regarding our cleanliness and friendliness of staff. We look forward to hosting you again as you make future visits to your son!
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice place,nothing fancy but clean room,all the plumbing worked properly,and the attached restaurant was nice with very generous portions,they have a dog walking area as well which my pup really liked.the remote control is of a type that can be sanitized? I have never seen this before but it's a great idea.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are on true ground level. No steps at all .102 is closest to the lobby and rest bu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chesterfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL FRONT DEST AND GM I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. I booked my trip through Kayak.com. I prepaid and my credit card was charged. When checking out they claimed the third party had not paid them. I provided proof that I paid. They said I should not deal with third parties and I would have to pay before checking out. I refused to pay again and told them I would not authorize a payment as I prooved I already paid. They charged me again anyway. They were rude. The clerk Angela was very hard to deal with and the GM was useless at best. Many in the lobby witnessed the fiasco. Also, the mini-frig was broke and the room was very musty. Horrible experience. Enter at your own risk. I will get my money back one way or another.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Radford Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your recent stay with us. While it is difficult to hear that a guest did not have a positive experience, we value all input. Occasionally we receive credit card data from third party booking agencies that is not valid and it becomes necessary to request another method of payment directly from the guest that is checking in with us. The guest then needs to approach the third party agency for a refund. As I’m sure you can understand, as a business, we are not able to accommodate a guest without a valid payment. Our goal is to always provide excellent customer service and we regret that your experience with us was not a positive one. We will use your feedback to remind our staff that guest service remains a top priority with us. Thank you for bringing to our attention the malfunctioning refrigerator. We have alerted our maintenance department to take care of that right away.
Fredericksburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were shocked to find this high quality! Uber clean, lots of floor space, indoor pool and spa with a lift for the physically challenged, saunas, and a wonderful Mexican Restaurant! The staff was super friendly, and did I mention CLEAN???? We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 107, close to parking and a beautiful view of the pool and yard that was very well...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your awesome review! It is so gratifying to hear that we hit the mark in cleanliness, spaciousness, friendliness of staff and with our many amenities - like the indoor pool and whirlpool that you mentioned and the onsite restaurant. We will be sure to share your comments with the staff. It will make their day! Please come back to visit us again soon!
Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Brown Family held their Family Reunion at the Best Western Radford Inn this July. We booked the hotel two years ago. We kept in touch over time with Emily Hite, planner. My family had a great experience and we were 108 in attendance. We had our reunion for three days and the staff of the hotel was so nice and professional. The on duty Desk Clerk even took our family picture so everyone could be in it! The single level was great for our elderly family members, "no steps". Some family commented on how well kept, beautiful, and clean the Inn was. We had our banquet on Saturday night that was catered in the hotel. It was a fantastic evening ending with a family social dance. I have only the best to say about the weekend. As the host family, the staff took a lot of pressure off of us by doing a great job! Thank you so much. Doris Dobbins

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Radford Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your family reunion at the Best Western Radford Inn. We are very happy that we were able to host your lovely group and appreciate so much the feedback that you provided about our staff and service, facility and the catering experience in our banquet space. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff as an encouragement to them to keep up the good work! We hope to have an opportunity to host you and your family members again soon!
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Loved the staff, Lena knew the area well, and also, had a great ora. Dons personality was fantastic. And Gena was also fantastic and a very pleasent person. Iwrite down everything. And they made a wonderful impression on me and mine.
The atomesphere of the hotel, was calming. The pool was warm (the way I like it.) The lights being dim, set the mood. The first floor hallway smelled a little musty. And there was mold spots on the bathroom ceiling. Those where the only down sides. The staff was pleasent, the hotel was clean, and our stay was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Radford Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! It is so gratifying to hear that our staff took such great care of you. Hats off to the particular staff members you mentioned by name! Your comments certainly will be shared with them. A "cozy" and "calming" environment is our goal for our guests and it is nice to know we achieved that during your visit. We are very happy you had an opportunity to take advantage of our spacious, heated indoor pool. We do appreciate hearing your feedback. Please visit again!

Been to BEST WESTERN Radford Inn? Share your experiences!