“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 43 restaurants in Radford
Cuisines: Mexican
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I wanted to have dinner and drinks with our friend. He recommended Roca's. When we arrived, I was surprised by the elegance of the restaurant. The booth seats had decorative and cushioned seats and backs that were not only comfortable, but tall enough for privacy. The waiter and staff were super friendly. When I needed to substitute a bean burrito for a cheese burrito, there were no issues. The margaritas were delicious and did not taste like "mix." The medium, which was large to me, was around $5-6, which is not bad. The food arrived quickly and was delicious, some of the best Mexican I have had in the area. I will definitely be going back. The food prices were also comparable to the other Mexican restuarants in the area. The only negative is that is is more difficult to get to than other places because of being off the highway.

• Visited March 2014

78% Recommend
Soddy Daisy
“New Mexican In Town! GREAT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

In town visit my college son, the university mascot, and took a group to dinner after the basketball game. They were super busy but very accommodating. Food was great and prices were reasonable. Great addition to the food selection in a collage town. Love the décor! Up scale!

Visited February 2014
“Excellent new Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Distinctive menu choices carefully prepared with quality ingredients and tasty spices make this different than its competition for miles around. Upscale atmosphere and attentive service.

• Visited March 2014
“Good food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The restaurant is very welcoming and decorated very nicely. Large selection on the menu. Found that there was no chicken soup on the menu so that was disappointing. Tried sea food tacos which was tilapia and few veg and lightly seasoned. Ok but have tried it in other restaurants which were far better. Salad was rather watery without much flavour, except the tomatoes which were excellent. When got the salad looked for dressing and it looked like 1/2 cm of water at bottom of dish. Generally as this is a brand new restaurant hopefully it will get better. Restrooms are freezing. Maybe no heat in them? Will try one more time to see if food gets better.

Virginia
“By far the best Mexican in Radford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

When I saw that Rocas was opening, I was a little skeptical because there are already 3 Mexican places in this small town. Although I used to like a couple of them, I don't eat at any of those three anymore because they are just too Americanized and the food reminds me of bland hamburger topped with a little cheese wiz. I do, however, often dine at the Gran Rodeo in Christiansburg, and I heard that this place was owned by the same people, so I gave it a shot. I was really glad that I did.

It is basically the same menu as the Gran Rodeo, but I really like this place. The staff are friendly and the food is really good. You can get the same basic offerings (combo dinners and lunch specials offered by most Mexican restaurants, although these are a bit higher quality), or you can get some really authentic cuisine. I have eaten there twice now, and I love the Camerones Chipotle, and the Volcanito.

Since the restaurant is new, it has been really packed. But they do a good job of getting people in. I went most recently this Sunday. They open on Sundays at 1200 and I was there at 1201. I got in right away but 10 minutes later every table was full and there was a line out the door.

This building has housed a former Mexican restaurant that moved and is no longer one I visit, and a Thai restaurant. The new owners put a lot of effort into the renovations. They have a full service bar, and I think they will be the place to go for Mexican in Radford. I know several people who drove to Christiansburg to visit Gran Rodeo, and now they have basically the same thing right here. Well done, and I will be a regular.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Rocas? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rocas, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.