“Always good food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
“Always good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Moved to the area recently and have been experiencing restaurants in and around Radford and Christiansburg area . I have to say thAt this restaurant is excellent and by far the best Italian food we have since we moved here. We frequent Sal's a couple times a month and are never disappointed. They have the best pizza in town!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
“Our Restrurant to take Visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is our "to-go-to" restaurant to take friends and visitors. The service and food are consistent and very good. Especially love the soups and huge salads. The only issue is that it has become so popular that it is sometimes difficult to get a seat much past 6 pm on the weekends.

Visited March 2013
Danville, Virginia
“You're Missing Out If You Don't Eat Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Sal’s is kind of out the way in the sense that if you don’t know about it and never travel beyond the bridge, you won’t know it exists. Sal’s resides in a shopping center that doesn’t seem too well kept but do not let the outside fool you. You will find some of the most authentic Italian food you will ever eat.

I attended Radford University from 2004-2007 and never once ate at Sal's until this past weekend for the first time. This past weekend was Alumni Weekend at Radford and I went up just for a day trip on Saturday. Before going, I looked at restaurants in the area (to see if any had changed since the last time I had been in the area) and Sal's was ranked #1 on the list. After reading about it, I remember hearing about the place but never going there (and I apologize).

Our meal was sort of a mix between a late lunch and early dinner. There was hardly anyone else in the restaurant. The waitress was very friendly and kind with the garlic knots. We decided to get a pizza with half of it being Paisano and the other half being the Rustica. Two different pizzas in one! After consuming all the garlic knots, we asked the waitress for more and she happily obliged. When she brought the pizza out we knew we would only be eating about slice each because of all the garlic knots we just had. The pizza was truly delicious and such a pizza is hard to come by nowadays. We took the rest home with us and savored it the next day.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Radford, Virginia
“I'm the local.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I'm the "local", that people always want to find, to ask where to eat. I just got back from Richmond where I always go to get Greek food. While eating there my companion and I commented that Sals at home was better. Best calamari, best cheesesteak, best pizza! I always recommend Sals but never thought to write a review of a local place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vienna, VA
“Basically, A Good Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our waitress and the rest of the wait staff attending to us were excellent.
Our host and I had garden salads with our meals, and they were pretty good, though a little short on carrots. My culinary companion had a caesar salad to accompany the meal, and opines this is the place for those who like a lot of good dressing on a caesar salad. Our host had Chicken Parmigiana, and it was excellent. I had Baked Homemade Lasagna, and it was special; they hit a grand slam on the pasta layers that night. My culinary companion had Shrimp Parmigiana, and it was good, with really good shrimp, though my culinary companion generally complained that because shrimp is so delicate, it tends to be overwhelmed by the parmigiana process. Everybody got that? Achieving moderation in moderation, my culinary companion had the chocolate mousse cake for dessert, and it was good.

• Visited December 2012