“Great place to stay off I 81 with pet” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Radford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 Tyler Avenue, Radford, VA 24141   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Radford
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place to stay off I 81 with pet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were traveling home from a long holiday and needed a place to stay that was convenient and pet friendly. This as perfect. Price was great, place was clean and convenient to highway. Bonus was there was a restaurant on site!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Smiths Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

La Quinta is about 2 miles off I- 81 and an easy 5 minute drive. It is in a quiet location. There aren't restaurants in the immediate location and very few in this area. I would recommend stopping at another exit before checking into this hotel for a better selection. My wife and I ate at Applebee’s which was located in downtown Radford about 6 minutes away. The hotel does have a small Bistro restaurant but selection is limited. A Best Western is located across the highway. Check in and out was very efficient. We had a king size bedroom which was very nice, modern and clean. There was a large bathroom with a walk in shower. The room also had a small fridge.
Breakfast is okay the selection isn't as good as some others places that I have stayed. However there was enough to get one going back on the road.
All in all I would stay here again when driving through the area.

Room Tip: I don't think that there is a bad room. Maybe ask for a room facing the car dealer/back as the h...
Franklin, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had a room on the first floor. No elevator for the second, and my friend has to bring in enough luggage for 8 days (we were there one night), so requested and received 1st floor. There were others there with pets and all pets and owners were well behaved. Room was clean, bathroom was very sterile looking - in other words REALLY clean. All the attendants were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OK, continental, but had eggs and fresh biscuits, too. Would stay there again. Especially loved the pillows.

Room Tip: No elevator to 2nd floor, so if you have a lot of "stuff" or are handicapped, ask for 1st...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

If you plan on staying in Radford, VA there are only 3 hotels to choose from. We had our dog with us so we choose this one. It was pet friendly. We had a ground floor. I was never in a hotel where the hallways were tiled instead of carpeted. They had runners to keep luggage wheel noise down. It is not located right off I81 but not too far. This was an average hotel. Beds were full size. I didn't sleep well here. There was a big gap on top the door as well as the bottom so there was light coming in. This hotel does not provide free breakfast but has a restaurant inside. We did not eat there though. It was affordable.

• Stayed November 2013
greenville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The accommodations were excellent for the price and is pet friendly, which is very important to me. The room and bed were very clean, another important factor. The motel is in close proximity to Interstate 81. The staff were accommodating for check-in and check-out.
I will definitely stay here again if I am traveling thru the area.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Alexandria, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

On the way to DC I spent a night in Radford. The rooms meet the standards you'd expect with La Quinta but the walls are paper thin. I am typing this review while listening the couple in the room next to me talk with their tv channel choice as the background.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This La Quinta was not the highlight of the trip. Staff are nice but busy multi-tasking. I would prefer a pool to a restaurant but I realize that I am not in the majority. This was a little difficult to find but I am a paper map user rather than a GPSer. We often stay at the La Quintas so perhaps I am becoming a little jaded about the breakfasts. Coffee is drinkable but the rest of the food is fairly plastic and loaded with high fructose corn syrup. Fruit is offered to be fair and I can digest that. The sheet on my bed had some hair (not mine on it) and weird little tuffs. I was too tired to complain about it. A room for two needs two shampoos. We were debating if we saved money by coming to this La Quinta or should have stayed at a nearby more expensive one.

Room Tip: The rooms are a little smaller and sound carries more at this hotel than the others in the chain.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn Radford? Share your experiences!