“Not a bad place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Radford
Franklin, New Hampshire
“Not a bad place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had a room on the first floor. No elevator for the second, and my friend has to bring in enough luggage for 8 days (we were there one night), so requested and received 1st floor. There were others there with pets and all pets and owners were well behaved. Room was clean, bathroom was very sterile looking - in other words REALLY clean. All the attendants were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OK, continental, but had eggs and fresh biscuits, too. Would stay there again. Especially loved the pillows.

Room Tip: No elevator to 2nd floor, so if you have a lot of "stuff" or are handicapped, ask for 1st...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

If you plan on staying in Radford, VA there are only 3 hotels to choose from. We had our dog with us so we choose this one. It was pet friendly. We had a ground floor. I was never in a hotel where the hallways were tiled instead of carpeted. They had runners to keep luggage wheel noise down. It is not located right off I81 but not too far. This was an average hotel. Beds were full size. I didn't sleep well here. There was a big gap on top the door as well as the bottom so there was light coming in. This hotel does not provide free breakfast but has a restaurant inside. We did not eat there though. It was affordable.

• Stayed November 2013
greenville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The accommodations were excellent for the price and is pet friendly, which is very important to me. The room and bed were very clean, another important factor. The motel is in close proximity to Interstate 81. The staff were accommodating for check-in and check-out.
I will definitely stay here again if I am traveling thru the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Alexandria, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

On the way to DC I spent a night in Radford. The rooms meet the standards you'd expect with La Quinta but the walls are paper thin. I am typing this review while listening the couple in the room next to me talk with their tv channel choice as the background.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This La Quinta was not the highlight of the trip. Staff are nice but busy multi-tasking. I would prefer a pool to a restaurant but I realize that I am not in the majority. This was a little difficult to find but I am a paper map user rather than a GPSer. We often stay at the La Quintas so perhaps I am becoming a little jaded about the breakfasts. Coffee is drinkable but the rest of the food is fairly plastic and loaded with high fructose corn syrup. Fruit is offered to be fair and I can digest that. The sheet on my bed had some hair (not mine on it) and weird little tuffs. I was too tired to complain about it. A room for two needs two shampoos. We were debating if we saved money by coming to this La Quinta or should have stayed at a nearby more expensive one.

Room Tip: The rooms are a little smaller and sound carries more at this hotel than the others in the chain.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Old Hickory, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have stayed at LaQuinta a number of times. We do have a favorite room. It is very convenient to the University. The rooms are clean and the staff are helpful. We have one objection. The breakfast choices are minimal. I usually have raisin bran and they changed to a generic brand which was not acceptable. They do not have skim milk. Other cereals were sugary children type. They have changed the coffee to a machine instant coffee. The coffee in the room is better and that is not saying much. I do expect fresh coffee.

Room Tip: If you don't want to climb stairs, ask for a 1st floor room. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Radford? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn Radford

Address: 1450 Tyler Avenue, Radford, VA 24141
Location: United States > Virginia > Radford
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Radford
Hotel Class:2 star — La Quinta Inn Radford 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your La Quinta Inn Radford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Radford Hotel Radford
La Quinta Radford
Radford La Quinta

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn Radford, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.