“Simply Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Radford
Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
7535 Lee Highway, Radford, VA 24141   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Radford B&B and Inns
Florence, South Carolina
“Simply Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We live in SC and were looking for cooler weather and mountains. We found that and more at the Nesselrod. After reading all the positive reviews, I was skeptical that the Nesselrod could be that good. It is that good and actually better. The breakfasts are stunning, the rooms are comfortable (Tempurpedic mattress) and the setting is beautiful. The management and staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met: very accommodating and thoughtful. A big plus if you are a pilot - the Nesselrod is close to New River Valley Airport (KPSK) which has an ILS approach and cheap fuel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Nesselrod. From the moment we arrived, we were treated with such kindness and hospitality. Mark the owner & Sean, the innkeeper went above and beyond to make our stay an exceptional one. From the spectacular grounds to the beautiful interior, (we stayed in the Lily of the Valley room, but all rooms were beautiful), this Inn exceeded our expectations. Mark and Sean treated us like family, even invited us to an evening bbq. Each morning breakfast was different and delicious. Mark makes some delicious bacon and Sean a hearty waffle, lol. And not to mention, Buddy, the friendly lab which we fell in love with. The memories created here were priceless and we plan on returning soon. This is a rare jewel, a delightful B&B. This is the best place to stay in Virginia!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We enjoyed our stay and the great reviews were accurate. Comfortable, interesting hosts, beautiful property and we could not have asked for better!

But when they tell you if you need anything just ask, they really mean it. I put my medication on the guest "pub" refrigerator and left the next day without it, not realizing I had until we were in Charlotte, NC.

I called Mark and he said he would arrange for FedEx to pick it up, put it in a cold box and get it to me by 10:30 tomorrow. I have to have it, it's very expensive to replace, and the shipping is complex. He saved us a 400 mile round trip to go back and get it.

They really mean what they say, and it's a great property as well. My wife and I enjoyed our stay, and they may have saved my life in the bargain.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our oldest daughter has been interning at Radford University this summer. We decided to spend our summer vacation nearby so we could spend time with her and also enjoy the VA mountains. We stayed in the Lily of the Valley room which was perfect! We greeted Sean (Chef/Inn Keeper) who showed us around, we got settled and went out to eat dinner. Afterwards we came back to the B&B and played cards. We met Amy (Sean's friend) who was a wealth of information! She gave us a list of restaurants to try most were in the Blacksburg area which was worth the short drive. One in Radford was Benny Nicolas- best pizza around! In Blacksburg we loved Leftys, Social House, Souvlakis, tap house.

She also helped us find wine glasses and cards so we could hang out a while with our group before bed.

The next morning we met Mark & Buddy. Mark helped us figure out what to do during the day from wineries to hiking places to kyacking on the New River. He also included us in two cookouts while we were there as well as his Beer fest. (An incredible event!!)

My parents also came for the vacation and my dad didn't have the right shoes to kyack. Mark literally took off his flip flops so my dad could kyack. While we were getting situated with the kyack rental, Mark picked up our picnic lunch for us to eat along the way. He is friends with the owner of this historic house where we he left our cooler of food and a great halfway point for our trip.

This is just a small sample of our week. These are the most accommodating and nicest people you will ever meet.

Sean cooks the best breakfast and we stayed so long we challenged him to come up with something new every day and he did! Hands down the best two course breakfast I have ever had. Everything fresh and delicious! They even invited our daughter to join us for breakfast!

The only thing I wish I could do is bring these people home with me! We were so spoiled!

Stayed July 2014
Banner Elk, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I were traveling to Virginia to visit the Blue Ridge Parkway and spent a night at the Nesselrod. It was everything and more they advertise on their site. The staff really went all out to make us feel at home starting with a tour of the grounds. It felt like being at home with a lot more posh. We would for sure return and will recommend to our friends. Bravo!

Room Tip: The Thomas room was very private.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Spent 3 nights here with my family of 4. Kids are 11 and 14. We stayed in the Lilac room and the Lily of the Valley room.

What a fantastic experience! Mark was a great host and Sean's breakfasts were outstanding. We always felt welcomed and catered to. The entire home was clean and organized. Like a home away from home. What a gem in the middle of an area severely lacking nice hotels. We will stay here, again. Looking forward to it!

The Baldwins

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Such a beautiful house with absolutely gorgeous gardens. The owner and inn keeper at this B&B were so helpful and cooked us an awesome breakfast. I highly recommend Nesselrod to anyone looking for a special, memorable experience. Can't wait to stop in again in the future!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!