“Above and beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cumming, Georgia
“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We enjoyed our stay and the great reviews were accurate. Comfortable, interesting hosts, beautiful property and we could not have asked for better!

But when they tell you if you need anything just ask, they really mean it. I put my medication on the guest "pub" refrigerator and left the next day without it, not realizing I had until we were in Charlotte, NC.

I called Mark and he said he would arrange for FedEx to pick it up, put it in a cold box and get it to me by 10:30 tomorrow. I have to have it, it's very expensive to replace, and the shipping is complex. He saved us a 400 mile round trip to go back and get it.

They really mean what they say, and it's a great property as well. My wife and I enjoyed our stay, and they may have saved my life in the bargain.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our oldest daughter has been interning at Radford University this summer. We decided to spend our summer vacation nearby so we could spend time with her and also enjoy the VA mountains. We stayed in the Lily of the Valley room which was perfect! We greeted Sean (Chef/Inn Keeper) who showed us around, we got settled and went out to eat dinner. Afterwards we came back to the B&B and played cards. We met Amy (Sean's friend) who was a wealth of information! She gave us a list of restaurants to try most were in the Blacksburg area which was worth the short drive. One in Radford was Benny Nicolas- best pizza around! In Blacksburg we loved Leftys, Social House, Souvlakis, tap house.

She also helped us find wine glasses and cards so we could hang out a while with our group before bed.

The next morning we met Mark & Buddy. Mark helped us figure out what to do during the day from wineries to hiking places to kyacking on the New River. He also included us in two cookouts while we were there as well as his Beer fest. (An incredible event!!)

My parents also came for the vacation and my dad didn't have the right shoes to kyack. Mark literally took off his flip flops so my dad could kyack. While we were getting situated with the kyack rental, Mark picked up our picnic lunch for us to eat along the way. He is friends with the owner of this historic house where we he left our cooler of food and a great halfway point for our trip.

This is just a small sample of our week. These are the most accommodating and nicest people you will ever meet.

Sean cooks the best breakfast and we stayed so long we challenged him to come up with something new every day and he did! Hands down the best two course breakfast I have ever had. Everything fresh and delicious! They even invited our daughter to join us for breakfast!

The only thing I wish I could do is bring these people home with me! We were so spoiled!

Stayed July 2014
Banner Elk, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I were traveling to Virginia to visit the Blue Ridge Parkway and spent a night at the Nesselrod. It was everything and more they advertise on their site. The staff really went all out to make us feel at home starting with a tour of the grounds. It felt like being at home with a lot more posh. We would for sure return and will recommend to our friends. Bravo!

Room Tip: The Thomas room was very private.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Spent 3 nights here with my family of 4. Kids are 11 and 14. We stayed in the Lilac room and the Lily of the Valley room.

What a fantastic experience! Mark was a great host and Sean's breakfasts were outstanding. We always felt welcomed and catered to. The entire home was clean and organized. Like a home away from home. What a gem in the middle of an area severely lacking nice hotels. We will stay here, again. Looking forward to it!

The Baldwins

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Such a beautiful house with absolutely gorgeous gardens. The owner and inn keeper at this B&B were so helpful and cooked us an awesome breakfast. I highly recommend Nesselrod to anyone looking for a special, memorable experience. Can't wait to stop in again in the future!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We stopped to see our son in Radford and chose to stay overnight at Nesselrod. Although we are not world travelers and are easily satisfied this B&B was very satisfying. Sean greeted us with a smile and an offer to rest while our rooms wrote being prepared. The facility is in great shape and the grounds were immaculate. I would highly recommend this facility

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Having contributed to NPR's fall phonathon, we were fortunate to be winners in a random drawing for an overnight stay in the Nesselrod B&B, along with an all weather radio and a large box of cheeses. We were delighted to stay in the Enchanted Garden Room, which overlooked the New River from one dormer window and from the dormer window on the other side of the house we looked down on the formal garden. The room was very comfortable including the bed and bedding, and the wall-to-wall hand painted mural was charming and lovely. Our host, Mark, prepared our delicious breakfast, helped by doggie friend, Buddy, who kept an eye on things. We walked around the property, noticed the sunken garden, numerous flower beds, various seating areas, and the gazebo and realized why the Inn is host to so many outdoor events during the summer months - weddings, graduation parties, concerts and festivals. Our weather was beautiful, and we want to come back again. Thanks to NPR!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!