“Radford Winter Commencement” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Radford
Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast
7535 Lee Highway, Radford, VA 24141   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Radford B&B and Inns
Lorton, Virginia
“Radford Winter Commencement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our entire family stayed at Nesselrod for our daughter's pinning and graduation from RU's nursing program. Sean was amazing; he had wonderful breakfasts for us (even for the overflow family members staying in a near by hotel) every morning, and also cooked up an amazing family dinner straight from the pages of Southern Living magazine to include a most wonderful red velvet cheese cake a foot tall!!! Everyone was so cozy comfortable at the inn. Nesselrod's was our home away from home and was it just perfect! Thank you Mark and Sean for providing gracious accommodations and making our daughter's graduation weekend a memorable event!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at this charming B&B in Radford for 3 nights in the Lily of the Valley Room. It was very spacious, quiet and comfortable and even offered two fireplaces (second one was situated by the enormous soaker bathtub). Our daughter was in the amazing Oriental Lily loft that came with its own private garden. The staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming. The breakfasts each morning were made to order by Sean and included home made zucchini bread, or fruit parfaits, plus eggs benedict, biscuits and gravy, or wonderful omelets, with apple butters and jellies all made in house. The table was always set beautifully and coffee and juices were in ample supply. The owner, Mark, was kind and attentive to our every need. This is a place not be missed if you have the good fortune to be in this part of the country.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Edgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I may be partial because I graduated from Radford University, but out of all my travels, this B&B is what I call "complete heaven." The owners are so sweet, accommodating, and you'll find the luxury and sophistication of a high-end hotel in Europe in this sweet retreat. The grounds up-hold the ideal southern garden charm and beauty while the view is serine. It makes me miss the south even more when I visit with its quaint, simple, yet classy atmosphere. It's the "Only" place to stay when you're visiting that gorgeous area of America. It has never disappointed and I doubt it ever will.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristow, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I travelled four hours from Northern Virginia to Radford to participate in a 3-day Batik workshop. When looking for overnight accommodations prior to my trip, I searched Travel Advisor and learned about the Nesselrod. The reviews were excellent and so was my stay. My expectations were high and I was not disappointed.

The first thing I noticed driving up to the entrance of the home were the beautiful grounds. Sean the Innkeeper greeted me at the door. After showing me to my room we chatted for a bit and then he gave me a tour. Sean’s hospitality did not go unnoticed; it enhanced my overall experience... he was welcoming, warm, responsive, accommodating and cooked a spectacular made-to-order breakfast. It was obvious that Sean enjoys running the B&B and that he is committed to making you feel at home. I am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Nesselrod on the New is a special place for travelers. Sitting high on a bluff above the New River across from downtown Radford, VA, this inn offers a respite for folks who want a truly comfortable experience. The grounds are outstanding. You can sit and enjoy the water features, walk down to the tree canopied sunken amphitheater and read a book, or stroll in the formal gardens. All of the rooms are inviting, roomy, and beautifully decorated. Very comfortable mattress, soft sheets, and high quality linens make for a restful sleep. The bathrooms are top notch - just pick what kind of indulgence you prefer! This inn has an abundance of amenities that definitely set it apart from a hotel experience. The most important factor that makes a great B&B isn't lacking either - hospitality. The innkeeper will greet your warmly and prepare a fantastic breakfast for you and the coffee is brewed to perfection. The owner, Mark, will make sure that your stay is special. No detail is overlooked. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and quiet - choose an upstairs room for best views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ledyard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Thanks again TripAdvisor for turning me on to this gem! Stayed a night in the suite, which turned out to be the most expensive night ever...Damn Temperpedic bed was so comfortable I have one being delivered :) The grounds are estate like, meticulously maintained, and staffed by very friendly people from Mark the owner to Sean the chef. As I told them, it was like staying with friends. If you are looking for ambiance, a very clean comfortable room, and a great breakfast, this is the place. And thanks for the suggestion to have lunch at Sharkey's, another home run!

Room Tip: The suite has it's own entrance...like staying in a cottage!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I came to Southwest Virginia for a special wedding. Rather than stay at a chain motel near the interstate, we chose the Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast, just across the New River from Radford, VA. We were very happy with our choice.

The Inn sits on a bluff overlooking the New River and City of Radford. The grounds are gorgeous, and play host to outdoor weddings in a very romantic setting.

The house itself is cozy and uncluttered, with five lodging options ranging from a two-room suite upstairs to the Thomas Room on the first floor (where we stayed). Our room was large, clean, and filled with light. The queen sized bed was comfortable. The shower put out plenty of hot water. Our only issue with the Thomas Room was that, even though it had a pull-down ironing board, it lacked a closet. The innkeeper, Mark, has instead provided a decorative set of large hooks on the back of the bathroom door. These allowed us to hang the dressy clothes we had brought to wear to the wedding. Still, a small closet or cupboard would have been useful.

Sean, who greeted us warmly on our arrival, lives at the inn. He cooks, cleans and does general interior and exterior maintenance. He made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. His breakfasts were tasty and abundant. Our favorites were the fresh fruit cup with granola and yogurt, and his perfectly-cooked crisp bacon.

When we return to the New River Valley, we will stay again at the Nesselrod, where we felt welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!