“Top-Notch B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Radford
Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast
You added Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
7535 Lee Highway, Radford, VA 24141   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Radford B&B and Inns
Bristow, Virginia
“Top-Notch B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I travelled four hours from Northern Virginia to Radford to participate in a 3-day Batik workshop. When looking for overnight accommodations prior to my trip, I searched Travel Advisor and learned about the Nesselrod. The reviews were excellent and so was my stay. My expectations were high and I was not disappointed.

The first thing I noticed driving up to the entrance of the home were the beautiful grounds. Sean the Innkeeper greeted me at the door. After showing me to my room we chatted for a bit and then he gave me a tour. Sean’s hospitality did not go unnoticed; it enhanced my overall experience... he was welcoming, warm, responsive, accommodating and cooked a spectacular made-to-order breakfast. It was obvious that Sean enjoys running the B&B and that he is committed to making you feel at home. I am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Nesselrod on the New is a special place for travelers. Sitting high on a bluff above the New River across from downtown Radford, VA, this inn offers a respite for folks who want a truly comfortable experience. The grounds are outstanding. You can sit and enjoy the water features, walk down to the tree canopied sunken amphitheater and read a book, or stroll in the formal gardens. All of the rooms are inviting, roomy, and beautifully decorated. Very comfortable mattress, soft sheets, and high quality linens make for a restful sleep. The bathrooms are top notch - just pick what kind of indulgence you prefer! This inn has an abundance of amenities that definitely set it apart from a hotel experience. The most important factor that makes a great B&B isn't lacking either - hospitality. The innkeeper will greet your warmly and prepare a fantastic breakfast for you and the coffee is brewed to perfection. The owner, Mark, will make sure that your stay is special. No detail is overlooked. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and quiet - choose an upstairs room for best views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ledyard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Thanks again TripAdvisor for turning me on to this gem! Stayed a night in the suite, which turned out to be the most expensive night ever...Damn Temperpedic bed was so comfortable I have one being delivered :) The grounds are estate like, meticulously maintained, and staffed by very friendly people from Mark the owner to Sean the chef. As I told them, it was like staying with friends. If you are looking for ambiance, a very clean comfortable room, and a great breakfast, this is the place. And thanks for the suggestion to have lunch at Sharkey's, another home run!

Room Tip: The suite has it's own entrance...like staying in a cottage!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I came to Southwest Virginia for a special wedding. Rather than stay at a chain motel near the interstate, we chose the Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast, just across the New River from Radford, VA. We were very happy with our choice.

The Inn sits on a bluff overlooking the New River and City of Radford. The grounds are gorgeous, and play host to outdoor weddings in a very romantic setting.

The house itself is cozy and uncluttered, with five lodging options ranging from a two-room suite upstairs to the Thomas Room on the first floor (where we stayed). Our room was large, clean, and filled with light. The queen sized bed was comfortable. The shower put out plenty of hot water. Our only issue with the Thomas Room was that, even though it had a pull-down ironing board, it lacked a closet. The innkeeper, Mark, has instead provided a decorative set of large hooks on the back of the bathroom door. These allowed us to hang the dressy clothes we had brought to wear to the wedding. Still, a small closet or cupboard would have been useful.

Sean, who greeted us warmly on our arrival, lives at the inn. He cooks, cleans and does general interior and exterior maintenance. He made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. His breakfasts were tasty and abundant. Our favorites were the fresh fruit cup with granola and yogurt, and his perfectly-cooked crisp bacon.

When we return to the New River Valley, we will stay again at the Nesselrod, where we felt welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My colleague and I have had the privilege of staying at the Nesselrod on numerous occassions and look forward to every return. It has become our western home and Mark is the perfect host. His caring manner and commitment to excellence is evident in all the details. He is present and available, but you always feel you have all the room you need. When you pull up to the Nesselrod, you will know instantly that you have arrived at the perfect spot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

What a beautiful inn nestled in the mountains right above the New River. Nesselrod on the New is a 4 hour drive from our home in Northern Virginia. If you are looking for simple elegance mixed with peace and quiet, this is the perfect retreat. The staff is wonderful and extremely accommodating, while the homemade breakfasts are delicious and beautifully presented with fresh herbs from the garden. We will be returning in the fall to watch the leaves change colors!
Susan T.
Alexandria

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nesselrod helped us put on the best wedding ever! Mark and his staff helped us set up the morning of the wedding and helped us with cleanup the day after. We had an unexpected storm shortly into our reception and the Nesselrod staff swiftly moved our small wedding inside until the storm passed. The bartender and wedding planner quickly became cake servers so our reception could continue. There was a problem with our caterer shortly before our reception started but I didnt have to worry about it at all because the Nesselrod wedding planners solved the problem and took care of everything! The rooms were very comfy and the perfect place to get ready the morning of the wedding. One of our favorite parts about having a wedding there was that there is no hurry for the reception to be over. You can hang out all night and then retire to your room when you're ready. And the breakfast that was included in our wedding package was delicious and it was a great time to hang out with our family and talk about the night before. Overall we had a great time and are sooo glad we had our wedding at Nesselrod. We would hands down do it all over again...even with the rain! These people are the best!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!