“"the best week of her life"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal!
Ranked #1 of 1 Radford B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia
“"the best week of her life"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

My daughter just graduated from Radford University. Her immediate family stayed at the Nesselrod. From the moment I booked our reservation (over a year ago), the owner made it a most memorable experience. He has been the most welcoming, outgoing host I have ever experienced. I have stayed in many, many B & B's. he coordinated a catered dinner for her post graduation celebration, gave us a tour of the local history and made the entire Inn available to us and our extended family for relaxing. I truly felt like I was in his own home. My daughter was thrilled. The Inn is simply beautiful and spacious. Meals are sumptuous. You won't find a better experience anywhere near Radford.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Valparaiso, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was a charming getaway for a couple. The innkeeper was hospitable and anticipated our needs. She prepared a delicious breakfast for us and recommended dinner venues in the area. The room (Lily of the Valley) was comfortable and very nice. The bathroom has a huge tub with a fireplace--very romantic--as well as a separate shower with nine showerheads. There were ceiling-installed speakers linked to a stereo/CD player in the bedroom and in the bathroom. That was a really nice touch and really added to the romantic atmosphere. The room was a bit smaller than the online pictures led me to believe, but there was plenty of room. Every room in the house is designed to make excellent use of natural sunlight, which adds a lovely, warm feeling to the entire inn. Staying there in mid-March, the grounds and gardens didn't have much to offer, but I think they would be quite beautiful later in the year.

This was really a very nice, relaxing, and romantic evening for a couple and I plan to visit the Nesslerod again.

Room Tip: Lily of the Valley is awesome for couples!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was traveling with my fiance from Northern Virgina to North Carolina and decided to break up the trip by staying a night half way. Half way turned out to be in Radford Va. I searched the web and found Nesselrod and what a find it was. All of the rooms in the 1939 Mansion are very different but each are tastfully decorated. Comfortable beds, heated towl bars, high end sound systems and incredible showers.
As we had breakfast and prepared to leave for home Mark informed us of a snow stom headed our way. He made us an extremely gracious offer to stay a second night and ride out the storm at Nesselrod. This turned out to be a good decision because the snow and ice shut down many of the roads in the area.
Mark gave us free rein of the house including the kitchen.
By the next morning the sun was out and we were on our way but only after Mark prepared another wonderful breakfast and a to go bag filled with goodies and a hand written thank you note.
If your son or daughter is a student at Radford don't miss an oportunity to stay at Nesselrod.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed in the Oriental Lily room, and although it is smaller in size than we expected, we absolutely loved the Tempurpedic mattress. Also enjoyed the sunken bathtub. Breakfast was very good, but the best thing about Nesselrod is the very friendly hospitality shown to us by Mark. It felt like we had made a new friend, even though we only stayed one night!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We are just getting ready to check-out of Nesselrod. We had a very relaxing two night stay in the Lily of the Valley Room. The host is very hospitable. The room was lovely...and the chocolate lab mascot was adorable!

The breakfasts were also delicious. The host designed the meals according to our dietary restrictions (I am a vegetarian and eat a gluten-free diet while my husband avoids spicy foods).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stay at the Nesselrod when visiting our daughter at college. I could go into great detail about why we continue to stay like the beautiful grounds or the wonderful breakfast. The main reason we stay there is that we are as comfortable there as we are at our own home.

• Stayed September 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I recently got married at Nesselrod and the whole experience was out of this world! Mark and Brittany helped us create the perfect day. We stayed at the B&B along with a bunch of our wedding party and everyone loved it. Mark cooked us an amazing breakfast and even went out and bought me turkey bacon, because I don't eat regular bacon. He opens the house up to all the guests and is just there to help in any way. Brittany was married at Nesselrod so she knows what it's like to go through everything there first hand. She is very creative and really pulled everything together on the day of the wedding. The gardens are all immaculately kept and all of our guests raved about the venue. We had our rehearsal dinner on the patio on Friday night, the wedding in the garden/gazebo area on Saturday, and a "survivor's brunch" for everyone on Sunday on the patio...it was perfect! I highly recommend Nesselrod for an outdoor wedding--it is simply stunning!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!