“Amazing Wedding Venue!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Radford
Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast
7535 Lee Highway, Radford, VA 24141   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Radford B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Amazing Wedding Venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I recently got married at Nesselrod and the whole experience was out of this world! Mark and Brittany helped us create the perfect day. We stayed at the B&B along with a bunch of our wedding party and everyone loved it. Mark cooked us an amazing breakfast and even went out and bought me turkey bacon, because I don't eat regular bacon. He opens the house up to all the guests and is just there to help in any way. Brittany was married at Nesselrod so she knows what it's like to go through everything there first hand. She is very creative and really pulled everything together on the day of the wedding. The gardens are all immaculately kept and all of our guests raved about the venue. We had our rehearsal dinner on the patio on Friday night, the wedding in the garden/gazebo area on Saturday, and a "survivor's brunch" for everyone on Sunday on the patio...it was perfect! I highly recommend Nesselrod for an outdoor wedding--it is simply stunning!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
DC Metro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I attending a wedding but did not stay overnight at this facility. The outdoor area for wedding is amazing! The outdoor facility for the reception was also very nice. I would suggest anyone looking into this facility if you are considering an outdoor wedding.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter was married in the garden/gazebo area at Nesselrod last weekend. The masses of daisies and other flowers/landscaping helped to create a magical setting. Mark and the staff were amazing and very gracious. Brittany, the wedding director assigned to our wedding there, took care of so many details I would not have thought of. She handled a minor wedding emergency at the last minute that I was not even aware of until after the fact. She is very organized and professional and just an overall very lovely person. Mark and Brittany and other staff quickly answered any questions by phone or email during the planning process . The rooms are elegant , at the same time very home-y. Each one is different. and the breakfasts in the lovely dining room were amazing. . Having the inn to ourselves from Fri-sun felt as if we were having the wedding at home and was a special experience for the bridal party staying there. The patio is a great place for a reception. Nesselrod is the perfect place for a wedding or other events. Mark Gordon, owner, went out of his way to make sure everything was just perfect for the wedding and the guests that attended. I cannot overuse the word "magical" in my description of our experience there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The first time I stayed at Nesselrod was in the Oriental Lily room and we only had a quick nights' stay during business nearby. It was an enchanting acquaintance with a very special place. Recently I returned for three nights and stayed in the Inn - what an amazing experience! Mark is an amazing and superlatively gracious host - he anticipates needs beyond expectations. An example - after a delicious breakfast of yougurt, granola, and fresh berries, followed by eggs (cooked in butter as he knows I don't do bacon) and asparagus, he asks, on our way out, "would you like coffee to go"? Sigh - it just doesn't get any better!

What makes it so special is the beauty of the host and place. Nesselrod is perfect - whether it is to celebrate your special event, or as you engage in work, Nesselrod makes you a better person for those days. Thank you Mark, Buddy and all of those loved ones who do things out of their hearts so perfectly!

Room Tip: Oriental Lily has an outside entrance but privacy abounds even in the main house.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My friends' wedding was held here and a bunch of the bridesmaids got to stay here. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and had everything you needed. Mark, the B&B owner, has a real passion for serving others and making sure they have a good time. He made sure we were fed every morning and to this day, I'm still craving his sausage and biscuits. There is a blackberry field across the property where you can pick them wild. They have a nice waterfall gathering area that is a great spot to relax and take photos. The entire property is filled with luscious beautiful flowers and herbs that include rosemary, thyme, cilantro (or maybe it was parsley), chives, and you get my drift. It is a great venue for any event, and everyone I encountered there was extremely nice and laid back. I highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Riner, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My daughter and son-in-law got married at Nesselrod over Memorial Day weekend. Absolutely the most amazing weekend. Mark and the staff were wonderful. They exceeded our expectations in so many ways. The bridemaids spent the weekend there and were treated to first class service, as were all the wedding guests. The grounds were beautiful, but it was the service by Mark and his staff that will forever standout in our minds that created the memorable event!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mineral, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We booked our rooms and had an event dinner for my daughter's graduation from Radford. Our experience was wonderful and Mark was a true host... he encouraged us to bring our family over and enjoy the grounds. He even included them for breakfast for the last day. He allowed us to use his refrigerator and serving pieces for an impromptu wine and cheese gathering with family. We booked two rooms that were both lovely, clean and well appointed (The Thomas room and the enchanted garden room). They respect your privacy and do not clean the room or provide fresh linens unless you ask for them, which was fine with me. The prices were higher due to the graduation weekend, and you had to book 3 nights, but he works with you if you want to use a night at another time. The grounds are beautiful and Mark shared his ideas for the future. You can tell that he takes great pride in this property. He was very kind but seemed a bit disorganized at times. For the most part this is easy to overlook since he is a superb host. The only thing I will recommend, is that if you book/schedule to rent one of the venues for a party, get a contract spelling out the details. We had a misunderstanding with what was covered with the fee, but fortunately Mark made this right. Overall we had a terrific experience and I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast. (additionally it would be an amazing place for a wedding reception! And I would highly recommend Mikie's 7th as your caterer. She prepared a delicious dinner for us and is wonderful to work with!

Room Tip: I was able to see all but one of the rooms and they are all gorgeous, clean and well appointed. My f...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!