“Amazing weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Radford
Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast
You added Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
7535 Lee Highway, Radford, VA 24141   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Radford B&B and Inns
Riner, Virginia, United States
“Amazing weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My daughter and son-in-law got married at Nesselrod over Memorial Day weekend. Absolutely the most amazing weekend. Mark and the staff were wonderful. They exceeded our expectations in so many ways. The bridemaids spent the weekend there and were treated to first class service, as were all the wedding guests. The grounds were beautiful, but it was the service by Mark and his staff that will forever standout in our minds that created the memorable event!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mineral, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We booked our rooms and had an event dinner for my daughter's graduation from Radford. Our experience was wonderful and Mark was a true host... he encouraged us to bring our family over and enjoy the grounds. He even included them for breakfast for the last day. He allowed us to use his refrigerator and serving pieces for an impromptu wine and cheese gathering with family. We booked two rooms that were both lovely, clean and well appointed (The Thomas room and the enchanted garden room). They respect your privacy and do not clean the room or provide fresh linens unless you ask for them, which was fine with me. The prices were higher due to the graduation weekend, and you had to book 3 nights, but he works with you if you want to use a night at another time. The grounds are beautiful and Mark shared his ideas for the future. You can tell that he takes great pride in this property. He was very kind but seemed a bit disorganized at times. For the most part this is easy to overlook since he is a superb host. The only thing I will recommend, is that if you book/schedule to rent one of the venues for a party, get a contract spelling out the details. We had a misunderstanding with what was covered with the fee, but fortunately Mark made this right. Overall we had a terrific experience and I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast. (additionally it would be an amazing place for a wedding reception! And I would highly recommend Mikie's 7th as your caterer. She prepared a delicious dinner for us and is wonderful to work with!

Room Tip: I was able to see all but one of the rooms and they are all gorgeous, clean and well appointed. My f...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Radford, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

My husband and I decided to get married at Nesselrod in October of 2011 and it was the absolute best experience of our lives! The gardens are amazing and the rooms take you to another world. We stayed in the Oriental Lily room and loved it! The service was wonderful. Great place for any kind of event, as well as a great place to stay for a few days.

Room Tip: All of them have their own individual style and unique attributes. All are amazing!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

A bed and breakfast is only as good as the hosts. Well...Mark and Rebecca are the owners and hosts of Nesselrod and they are its heart! From our first step into the foyer of this lovely home and the warm reception we received from Mark, we were absolutly captivated! As we were introduced to our home for the weekend, a wonderful smell waifed through the air. My husband immediatly identified the intoxicating aroma...CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!! I was captivated by our beautiful room for the weekend while my husband was captivated by the possibility of hot cookies and milk! The next morning Rebecca and Mark greeted us with a fantastic breakfast! Rebecca uses fresh herbs from her garden and the apple butter is freshly made by them right in Nesselrod! We arrived at Nesselrod strangers but we feel as though we have life long friends now in Mark and Rebecca. If you want a wonderful stay...warm...cozy...inviting...then Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast is the one for you! Thank you Mark and Rebecca for an amazing stay! We will be back...LOTS!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully decorated. The upstairs rooms are very bright and airy. Loved them all...w...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Our stay at Nesselrod was the best two days of my life. It was completely last minute and the minute I called and spoke with Mark, I knew this is where were staying. We were supposedly going up for a business trip, but it turns out my boyfriend just used that as and excuse and popped the question while we were there! Mark and Rebecca went out of there way for 2 days for us - they are the absolute most friendly and hospitable hosts ever. We stayed in the Lily of the Valley room and it was amazing. The shower was like heaven - 9 shower heads! The bed was so comfortable and the sheets were the softest I have ever slept on! I just can't say enough about Nesselrod - the property is amazing as well as the owners. I would totally recommend it to everyone! And brides if you are looking for a wedding venue - I would consider Nesselrod. Its gorgeous and you will be very well taken care of!!!
We can't wait to go back for another visit! Thank you for everything Mark and Rebecca!!!

- Kelly & Cole.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at Nesselrod on the New River in October 2011 and were absolutely delighted with our experience. Our room (Enchanted Garden) was beautiful (the walls were painted with garden scenes) and the bathroom was the most luxurious I've experienced in a long time. Mark was a wonderful host - extremely helpful and accommodating. The breakfast he served was delicious! The gardens were lovely too to take a stroll in. Overall a very relaxing and indulgent time was had. Strongly recommend a visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Bluefield, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

A couple of friends got married at the Nesselrod and it was absolutely beautiful. Wedding was outside and reception was in a large tent setup behind the house. Everything seemed to go perfectly and I do recommend using the Nesselrod for weddings or simply looking for a wonderful B&B to stay for a night or two!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Nesselrod Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!