“No longer in business” 3 of 5 stars

Description: bar and restaurant and bakeryfood is excellent
SW Virginia
“No longer in business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Unfortunately, this restaurant went out of business, like so many other businesses in Radford. If you don't budget for when the college students are gone (2 months in the summer), you just don't make it here. The town is not big enough without the students to keep many businesses alive. :(

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

46% Recommend
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Not worth the time or money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Not a very good atmosphere unless your a drunk and obnoxious college student. Tuna Salad sandwich was awful and the staff was not very friendly.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Radford, Virginia
“Big Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Absolutely terrible food. Ordered the gnocchi and was extremely disappointed
I had heard good things about Cafe 24 and was expecting better quality than what I got. The gnocchi were poorly prepared (heavy, lumpy, poor execution) and the sauce, while flavor was okay, was lumpy. The friends I went with ordered sandwichescroissants but were told after they ordered they were all out, at 1 PM. If you expect the cost of the meal to be equivalent with better food, this is not the place to go. Period.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“What a find on our roadtrip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were on the move from Texas to New Jersey with a cross country business convoy and a trio of us pulled in to this jewel of Radford by accident. The chef comes out from the kitchen to meet and mingle and discusses what her dishes are made with and what menu items may interest you. The homemade breads are incredible as are the fresh ingredients. The quesdillas are baked and outstanding. The Pita's are stuffed with more fresh vegtables than they can hold. The desserts are very large but find a way to take one if you cannot eat it while there. A lot of pride goes in to her creations and is evident in the presentation and flavor!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“A bit quirky but basically a very good place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I like to try new places and spotted this restaurant when we were taking our son to Radford. I believe it had been opened the previous year but it was a bit unobtrusive even for tiny Radford and had not noticed it.

The restaurant has a homegrown feel about it, and the dishes and service reflect this. I thought the food was very good and arrived in okay time. I was surprised that my salad had several tomatoes with black insides (rotten) and set them aside. Also the salsa that was served with my taco salad was more fruit based which was okay but could have had a little more zing to it. Otherwise everything was fresh and tasty.

The one thing I did not like was the chocolate cake I had for dessert. I had spotted a bunch of desserts in a case and thought this looked like one we all would enjoy sharing. I thought the server (who the owner informed us was the baker) would bring it on a plate with several forks. Instead she took it in the back and heated it hot in the microwave and brought it out. I honestly thought that was a bit disgusting. I have had chocolate fudge cake served hot with whipped cream or ice cream but this was just a very hot, very boring, and a bit dry chocolate cake -- not at all appetizing to me. It is because of this very disappointing dessert that I have rated the restaurant average rather than very good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to cafe 24? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage cafe 24, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.