“Great for Business lunches” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Succasunna
“Great for Business lunches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Excellent service. Reasonable prices. Many menu choices. Great place to grab a quick bite to eat and then return to work without delays.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Radford, Virginia
“I like the simplified menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Looking for a small steak and a salad, I found it at Applebee's. They used to have the steak and salad as a single menu item but now they are separate and you have to pay extra for the salad, even when selecting it instead of the vegetable that comes with the steak and potato offering. The price is still reasonable and the meat, garlic mashed potatoes, and salad was only $16.04 and were good.

The last time I was at an Applebee's, the menu was long and I couldn't find just a simple steak and potato. The menu is back to being simpler.

I went with a woman friend and they wanted to seat us in the bar section next to the kitchen, even though they were not busy. Probably had to do with evening out customers among the wait staff. We moved further from the kitchen and the service wasn't much slower than it had to be.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

A chain, so it was "known" and the Radford Applebees was the same as others. The dependability was nice.

Visited August 2013
Pulaski,VA
“I know it is a chain but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We keep going back hoping it will improve. On our last visit the food was very tasty but the service was just awful. The server acted as if she could care less if we were there or not. My husband had to ask twice before he got a refill on his drink and she never did bring my water refill. The manager never showed his or her face and I even asked the greeter/hostess as we were leaving if I could speak to him, her comment was "yeah if I can find him" she remained behind the hostess desk, I thought she had somehow buzzed him or signaled that we were waiting to talk with him. I waited five minutes and walked back to ask if she had found him, she popped her gum and said oh, yeah, I forgot. She made no effort to call him just stood there looking at us as if she felt she could stare us into leaving. The food we ordered was so good that it is a shame the service is ruining this place.

Visited May 2013
“Average fare for a chain.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Like the ribs but am never sure if they will be served as expected--sometimes they are burned to a crisp and dry; others, they are moist and perfect. If a selection is good, they have a track record of removing from the menu. This Applebee's is better than most and the service is a bit slow but wait staff is very cordial and aims to please.

• Visited April 2013