“I know it is a chain but...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Pulaski,VA
“I know it is a chain but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We keep going back hoping it will improve. On our last visit the food was very tasty but the service was just awful. The server acted as if she could care less if we were there or not. My husband had to ask twice before he got a refill on his drink and she never did bring my water refill. The manager never showed his or her face and I even asked the greeter/hostess as we were leaving if I could speak to him, her comment was "yeah if I can find him" she remained behind the hostess desk, I thought she had somehow buzzed him or signaled that we were waiting to talk with him. I waited five minutes and walked back to ask if she had found him, she popped her gum and said oh, yeah, I forgot. She made no effort to call him just stood there looking at us as if she felt she could stare us into leaving. The food we ordered was so good that it is a shame the service is ruining this place.

Visited May 2013

47% Recommend
“Average fare for a chain.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Like the ribs but am never sure if they will be served as expected--sometimes they are burned to a crisp and dry; others, they are moist and perfect. If a selection is good, they have a track record of removing from the menu. This Applebee's is better than most and the service is a bit slow but wait staff is very cordial and aims to please.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marathon, Florida
“Typical Applebees”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I usually try to avoid the chains, and visit the local places when traveling, but one cold, rainy night, I ended up here. Big mistake. Badly cooked steak, and cold (I'm talking right from the refrigerator cold) mashed potatoes. Guess I needed a reminder.

Visited November 2012
Radford, Virginia
“Good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The service is good but found that they use mono sodium glutumate in almost everything! So all I could eat was the salad. Others enjoyed the meal though!

Visited December 2011
Virginia
“Possibly the worst Applebee's in the chain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Slooooooow service, no bread with meals, mediocre food at best.

Visited June 2011
Brad S, Guest Relations Manager at Applebee's, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at the Radford, VA location. We work extremely hard to make sure every guest leaves happy and it's always disappointing when we fail to do our jobs. This particular location has experienced some major computer issues, which may have contributed to the longer wait for food. Regardless of the reason, having to wait an extremely long time for food is unacceptable, especially if it is only "mediocre." Like our other Bar & Grill competitors, Applebee's does not offer free bread service, but does offer freshly toasted Ciabatta bread sticks that are brushed with a melted garlic & thyme butter. They are delicious and are available for a nominal upcharge. I invite you to contact the Applebee's where your experience occurred so we can make things right. The contact number for that location is 540-639-9631 and any manager will be glad to help you.