“New Winery, and it shows” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Wineries
Attraction Details
Strasburg, Virginia
48 attraction reviews
“New Winery, and it shows”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I decided to skip a tasting and just sit and have a glass. Wary of my budget I opted for the 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon which was over a dollar less than the 2011. The steward suggested I go for the 2011. I didn't and I regretted it. The 2010 was okay. I paid for it, I drank it but it was disappointing. It wasn’t like I hadn’t been warned so that’s on me.

The service was friendly and accommodating but the glasses the wine was served in were awkward and I was very glad it was only my first glass or I could see it easily being wasted.
This winery is beautiful and shows great potential once they get things "tweaked". I think I will wait to go back.

Visited January 2013

VA
31 attraction reviews
“Nice new winery waiting with a variety of wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

It's a little hard to find but it is worth the trip. It's located on a farm with horses. Some of the wines are German. They also have a nice malbec. They are fantastic. They have seating and wonderful foods to enjoy as you sip a bottle of wine. It is a wooden tasting room with a fireplace to satisfy that rustic appeal. We ended up buying 2 bottles of the German wines and took some eggplant dip to go. The dip is wonderful and is all eggplant!
Our pourer (Max) took off the price of one of our tastings since we bought 2 bottles. We frequent the wineries in the area and this is one we will definitely return to.

Visited December 2012