“Great time for all!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 Activities in Purcellville
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Harpers Ferry Adventure Center, formerly BTI Whitewater / Butts Tubes, is located at the northern tip of Loudoun County, Virginia, near Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. We offer a wide range of exciting and affordable outdoor adventures including: whitewater rafting, water tubing, zip line tours, kayaking, canoeing, team building, fishing, hiking, camping, and more! You can spend the entire day or multiple days having fun on both the Shenandoah River and Potomac River, in the beautiful tri-state area of Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great time for all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went with a group of 8 on 09/15/13. All different ages and we all truly loved it. The guides were very laid back and made the trip fun. A great adventure for everyone!

Visited September 2013

Powhatan, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Safety and fun first”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I made a reservation to take the canopy tour during a run of really nice weather. Of course, We were the only two people on the tour so we got direct attention. Cannot speak to a larger group experience. Isaac and Eric were real troopers - never complained that at times we could barely see through the rain; we zipped the entire course. Lots of fun. They really stressed safety - which was great as I am afraid of heights. You are always hooked up to some type of cable so you don't fall off the stands and my husband was especially happy that the zip lines consisted of 2 cables instead of one. In spite of the downpour we had a great time. Don't have any other zip experience but was impressed with the facility and our two instructors. Will go here again and considering a raft trip - something I never thought I would. But their safety mantra is making me think about it. Give them a try! Listen to them and follow their instructions and you will have fun and be safe. Port-o-johns. Changing facilities. They have all the equipment you need. Office has snacks for sale.

Visited October 2013
HFAdventureCenter, Front Office Manager at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Kathy B,

Thank you so much for the glowing review, it is so good to hear you had a great time!! I recall your trip and how much fun you guys seemed to have despite the downpour. I passed along the review to your guides and the guys said to come back again when the weather is nicer!! Thanks again, and we hope to see you again in the new season for new adventures!!

Medford, New York
“Nice day, needs better communication”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

All told my family and myself had a fun day at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center. We're from out of state and were staying in the area to visit family and the National Park. The kids had a great time zip lining for the first time, and then we all went tubing down the Shennendoah. The zip line trainers were very friendly and informative. The bus driver for the tubing was very friendly too and pointed out eactly the spots to launch off and meet him at later. On the down side, the communication in the registration trailer could've been better. The staff in there did not ask which type of tubing we wished (choppy or smooth water) and put us in for the smooth. We had wished however to do the choppy and we assumed that the same busses dropped off at the two different locations for this. We only found out when we got to the bus waiting area that there were different busses at different departure times for the two types of tubing, so they told us there that we had no choice but to do the smooth water. There should have been a sign or a verbal note about this in the registration trailer. As I mentioned, we still had a good time on the Shennendoah, but would have have liked to experience the choppy water.

Visited July 2013
brerkev,

Thank you for the review! We only know how we are doing if our guests tell us, and that is the best way for us to know how to improve as well. I am sincerely sorry you were not able to do the trip you had initially planned to. Our staff should have directly asked you which one you wanted to go on, the white or flat water, and for that I apologize. I will make sure we check with all staff that they are trained to do so. Please send us an email directly at info@hfadventurecenter.com to plan your next tubing adventure and we will ensure you a great time :)

***Please reference this review, and send us a private message through TripAdvisor to ensure verification***

Hanover, Pennsylvania
“A Very Relaxing Day On The River !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

August 31st we had the pleasure of enjoying a really nice afternoon floating around the river and after calling several companies in the area we decided to go with Harpers Ferry Adventure Center.

Locating this place was a snap, it's right across the bridge and make a quick left and up over the hill to the complex. Parking was perfect and the layout of the complex was just as good.

We took 4 young guys with us serving in the military and will be getting deployed at the end of September, they had a blast ! I prepaid for the outing and just took my emailed receipt and it worked out very well.

After getting checked in and our wristbands they told us where to go and we went down to the tent and a gentleman explained the procedure, we got our PFD and TUBE and got loaded on the bus, they move you right along, you might have a few minute wait but no biggie, we played corn hole for a few monutes, when we got on th ebus our driver explained a few items and off we went, the drive up to the drop proint was nice and the scenary was nice as well. They got us to the point and off loaded us quickly and explained the rules and such, we all tied our tubes together and off we went, we hit some small rapids mixed with some calm water, plenty of large rocks to stop at and get out and chill ...... The end point was perfect and we opted to just walk back up the hill which was about a quick walk and we did the ride again, the 2nd time was better than the first .... Very quick loading and unloading ....

I would recommend this company .... I noticed they had nice crowds for the zip-lining as well, our next trip back down we will do the zip-lining ...... Looks like fun !

Very friendly staff, pricing was reasonable and what they offer is perfect !

** On A Side Note **

After our first float down the river, we went back to our truck to head down the hill to get something to eat and refill our cooler we made the mistake and stopped at this little roadside BBQ place, the food is below average and to charge $8.00 for a pulled pork sandwich was a complete ripoff, so please take our advise and find someplace else to eat ...

This has nothing to do with the Adventure Center ... I think the name of that roadside place was Catoctin Popcorn ... Horrible !!

Visited August 2013
Bill W,

Thank you for the review, as we can only get better if our guests tell us what they want! We hope to see you all back again soon for our tubing, ziplining, or maybe even some offroad segways!! Thanks again,

Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Great Rafting Guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was beyond terrified of going white water rafting but we had an awesome guide who was helpful and patient with me. He was full of knowledge about the area, the river and surrounding areas. Overall great weekend getaway close to home : )

Visited August 2013
Amanda S,

Thanks for the review of our white water rafting trip. We are so happy to hear you had a great time and an awesome guide. Please keep us in mind in planning your future adventures, and remember, we are always adding new ones to our list :)

Thanks again,