“gotta have the chocolate” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Newark, DE
14 attraction reviews
“gotta have the chocolate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

You must do a the tasting paired with chocolate, it's amazing, a little taste of haven. There are so many wines (wish we could have tried them all) that are perfect for dinner, dessert, or just to unwind at the end of a busy day. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. They are without a doubt on the list of winery's to hit the next time we're in town.

Visited September 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
“My favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Out of several vineyards we visited while in the area, this was by far our favorite. John was a wonderful host and walked us through a wonderful variety of wines including a crisp wonderful apple wine. The tasting was matched optionally with artisan chocolates. Yummy! What set this place apart from the other places we visited along the wine trail was the staff took their time, never rushed us, very friendly, stay as long as you want...they had a fantastic menu of snacks that pair well with wine, or bring your own picnic. The patio area outside is breathtaking and on this particular day, they had a man playing guitar outside. If it is a cold day on your visit, snuggle up in front of the giant stone fireplace. I would go back in a heartbeat if I am ever in this area again.

Visited September 2013
Harrisonburg, VA
“Wonderful wine and hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited North Gate yesterday on the suggestion of another winery. With my daughter, son and his wife, we were celebrating my son's birthday. We liked all of the wines...and we are quite particular about our wine! We were so comfortable chatting with Vicki who unbeknown to us at the time is one of the winemakers! Because of the great wines and hospitality, I quickly inquired about their wine club....and joined! We made our purchases...and enjoyed wine and snacks we had brought outside the winery....was a beautiful day...but there is lots of space to do the same inside for a not so nice day! My daughter and I live in the Harrisonburg area...and my son and his wife in Sterling! We cannot wait for our next visit to North Gate!

Annapolis, Maryland
14 attraction reviews
“Good wine, Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff really makes this place enjoyable. We were able to sample more wines that weren't even on the tasting menu. I liked the wines that weren't available to the public yet (of course). It's a pretty place and nice building. Though It's pretty but missing the view like other wineries have that I love. Would possibly visit here again because of the great staff!

Reston, Virginia
“Good wine, and nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I enjoyed their wine, we did a sampler with some truffles, it was very good, and the people who were working were very nice. We ended getting a bottle for their and a couple bottles for gifts. Not a huge place but also not very crowded, it made for a nice atmosphere.